Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last 4 games. Suns 1-3

Chris Paul
9 points 6 assist 4 turnovers

Cam Payne
0.5 points 2 assist

During the regular season I thought we had the best combo PG and backup PG in the NBA. It was a huge strength of ours. They could score and set the table for others aswell as anyone.

What in the hell has happened to these guys.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the pressure is on both teams in a game 7 because there is no tomorrow. However, there is probably more pressure on Dallas because they will be playing in Phoenix.

My primary concern, the Suns haven't played well of late. If they don't play well, they can't win anywhere.

Oh it ain’t even close the pressure is all on Phoenix. The number 1 seed by far in the NBA. Two all NBA players and the runner up for DPOY and a favorite all year to win the championship

Losing to Luka and a bunch of role players would be embarrassing. There’s no pressure at all on Dallas they are playing with house money

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So how did that work out last night with McGee on the bench and the Suns turning the ball over 22 times?

Actually it goes back the Suns needing more help at point guard off the bench.
They had 22 turnovers instead of 25?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They had 22 turnovers instead of 25?

Yes. This is what the ESPN box score says... 22 turnovers.

If the Suns had 25 turnovers without McGee it would only make my case stronger Phoenix should have played him. It couldn't get a lot worse. The guards were turning the ball over the most.

Booker and Paul had a combined 13 turnovers. Shamet and Payne had 3 combined.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes. This is what the ESPN box score says... 22 turnovers.

If the Suns had 25 turnovers without McGee it would only make my case stronger Phoenix should have played him. It couldn't get a lot worse. The guards were turning the ball over the most.

Booker and Paul had a combined 13 turnovers. Shamet and Payne had 3 combined.
I was saying that by not playing McGee they had 22 instead of 25 (a number I made up). I guess that isn't a lot worse, but I'm not sure how having another careless ball handler would help.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was saying that by not playing McGee they had 22 instead of 25 (a number I made up). I guess that isn't a lot worse, but I'm not sure how having another careless ball handler would help.

My hope is Monty goes back to the rotation he has used most of the season to set a franchise record for wins with the added flexibility to make changes, particularly at point guard, if Payne and Shamet have off games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh it ain’t even close the pressure is all on Phoenix. The number 1 seed by far in the NBA. Two all NBA players and the runner up for DPOY and a favorite all year to win the championship

Losing to Luka and a bunch of role players would be embarrassing. There’s no pressure at all on Dallas they are playing with house money

When both teams get on the court it's win or go home. Maybe that stuff will matter after the game but during the game it's do or die.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My hope is Monty goes back to the rotation he has used most of the season to set a franchise record for wins with the added flexibility to make changes, particularly at point guard, if Payne and Shamet have off games.
I hope we don't see Payne. I want Holiday instead. However, no matter what he uses? Most of all I want to see in game adjustments should the guys he uses struggle. This is it. There is no tomorrow of after game adjustment if we lose.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
correction: During the regular season we had one of the best backup PGs in the NBA for a total of 5 or 6 games. Payne's performance should be a surprise to no one. And we knew Paul had hand issues since the end of last season.

it was naive to believe Paul's hand healed up just in time for the playoffs. He likely came back just in time to warm up for the playoffs because of his DESIRE, rather than his physical fitness, yet he served us well while he could. Now he can't, but even with one hand he may be a better pg than Payne, Shamet, or Book and game 7 is too late to late to work in Holiday.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i concur that no team has been good at guarding Luka, because of a mix of his size, savvy aggression and star power which gives him an edge with the refs.

but our defense made us the best team in the NBA by 8 games. there's no excuse for us not putting up the best defense on him in a 7 game series!

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We have to get through this one game at home with everyone healthy?
Why is my stomach acid boiling a hole in my gut?
This should be a cakewalk. But it ain't.
Oh well I made all my money when we hit 63 wins.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Are there two mainstreets? In the other thread you're saying all change is good, things can't get worse and here you're saying don't change anything? McGee, like Payne, played like crap in games 3-4. That's why he isn't playing.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm calling it here. The Suns are going to lose game 7.

I'm as sure of it as I was that they would lose to the Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets last year and Pelicans this year. Oddly enough, I thought they were going to beat the Bucks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there two mainstreets? In the other thread you're saying all change is good, things can't get worse and here you're saying don't change anything? McGee, like Payne, played like crap in games 3-4. That's why he isn't playing.

My previous post was clear enough. Maybe your reading comprehension is selective.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone just hear that news on Scott Foster!?

Dude is out for non COVID related something for the Buck's game tonight... hmmm. I smell a makeup game scheduled for Mr Foster here soon.... Haha.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Anyone just hear that news on Scott Foster!?

Dude is out for non COVID related something for the Buck's game tonight... hmmm. I smell a makeup game scheduled for Mr Foster here soon.... Haha.
Another excuse for this team to play soft.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The team I watched on Thurs night will not win Sunday. They're rudderless and appear lost. Ayton will do squat to assert himself. I'd rather see him foul out in the 1st quarter than wimp his way through the whole game. He's no help when the chips are down anyway. Prove me wrong.

That being said, Go Suns!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The team I watched on Thurs night will not win Sunday. They're rudderless and appear lost. Ayton will do squat to assert himself. I'd rather see him foul out in the 1st quarter than wimp his way through the whole game. He's no help when the chips are down anyway. Prove me wrong.

There are a lot of guys to complain about in this series but Ayton ain’t one of them. He’s had one bad game and that’s because he was in foul trouble.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ayton has been soft and frustrating at times but still dominating the paint. Look at the shot chart. For once I can say Paul is the bigger problem. Bridges it the bigger problem. Cam is the bigger problem. The bench is the bigger problem.

Not going to be shocked one bit if we get bounced to find out Paul was hurt again, or he has some off season surgery again. Just not going to be shocked. I just have never seen a player of his Calibur vanish for 4 straight games in the playoffs.

Last edited:

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jesus all I'm reading...regular season ..not the same team...you're damn right not the same team...this is the final 8 teams every damn team is tough...this ain't the damn regular season. I wanted a team that contends every year. We have that. Damn proud of this team no matter. Some of these comments are whacked. I get it though. Game 7 let's freaking go Suns!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus all I'm reading...regular season ..not the same team...you're damn right not the same team...this is the final 8 teams every damn team is tough...this ain't the damn regular season. I wanted a team that contends every year. We have that. Damn proud of this team no matter. Some of these comments are whacked. I get it though. Game 7 let's freaking go Suns!
You’ll be damn proud of them even if they lose Game 7? Different strokes for different folks. For me, It’ll be another in a long line of pathetic Arizona Sports collapses if our 64 win team loses in the 2nd round after taking a 2-0 lead by losing 4 of 5, 3 of those by colossal butt whoopings and a 4th at home in Game 7.

That’s nothing to be proud of… in my opinion, anyway.