2022 2nd round pick is TE Trey McBride

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Solid pick and makes sense for the future. Murray has his TE for the next ten years. Yes he was a surprise to me when I thought we would be going for a pass rusher or DT but we are stacking the deck on offense.
This is hilarious. Even Krang predicting he’ll be here in five years is in defiance of all recent history.
Do u liie the pick?
I dunno. Im not really following this draft. Too old/busy. Best TE in a historically weak class at a position that is extremely hard to project and develop.

I’m fine with it because I realize I’m not an expert in this stuff.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Solid pick and makes sense for the future. Murray has his TE for the next ten years. Yes he was a surprise to me when I thought we would be going for a pass rusher or DT but we are stacking the deck on offense.
we are crowning him a 10 year TE??? what did you think of 2nd round pick Troy Niklas

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
we are crowning him a 10 year TE??? what did you think of 2nd round pick Troy Niklas

I loved it

You have to remember that was considered the best TE draft ever at that point and they all pretty much sucked

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Perrion Winfrey
Cameron thomas
Demarvin Neal
Zachary Carter
Dyler Parham
Kingsley Anagbare
Myai Sanders
Donovan West
Brandon Smith to switch de like parsons
Jamaree Salyer

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Drafting on need alone is, and always has been a failure. I’ll take the best overall TE in the draft with maybe the best hands in the draft (including WR’s), over the the 10th best Edge or 9th best OL in the draft. We still have 2 third round picks!
Always a combination of need and BPA. This team is in trouble with pass rush, stopping the run and IOL. Nik Bonitto wouldn’t help this team more this year?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Always a combination of need and BPA. This team is in trouble with pass rush, stopping the run and IOL. Nik Bonitto wouldn’t help this team more this year?
As long as Vance is running the defense does it really matter?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly look at the remaining free agent pool and tell me it wouldn’t be wildly easy to fill whatever roster holes are left after the draft. Yeah, you’ll have to re-evaluate a ton of your team in 10 months, but what else is Keim gonna do?
Keim could look at a combination of need and BPA. No I don’t believe we can easily fill our needs with remaining FA.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's a pick for next year but a very good one
Yep, seeing quite a bit of these games being 30 min from Fort Collins, he is a great player.

Now we just need Keim to grab someone like Clowney. There was no one else to rush the passer worth the spot.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is hilarious. Even Krang predicting he’ll be here in five years is in defiance of all recent history.
****STRAW MAN ALERT****
I dunno. Im not really following this draft. Too old/busy. Best TE in a historically weak class at a position that is extremely hard to project and develop.
Historically weak? You have the data to back that up lol?
I’m fine with it because I realize I’m not an expert in this stuff.
My thoughts too. I start reading up maybe a month out now. A decade ago? Seven months out lol.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
****STRAW MAN ALERT****

Historically weak? You have the data to back that up lol?

My thoughts too. I start reading up maybe a month out now. A decade ago? Seven months out lol.
I actually do. Football Outsiders just released a forecasting engine for drafted TEs called Travis. Here’s what they say:

Trey McBride of Colorado State is the clear leader among this year's tight end prospects, according to Football Outsiders' new Travis projections for college tight ends. But he falls far short of the top receiving tight end prospects of the last 20 years.

This is not a good historical year for tight end prospects. Most years will have at least one prospect over 400 yards. For this season, we just have McBride close to that and then a big drop to the next set of prospects.

Bad year for TEs and RBs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard