Free agency thread 2022

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler couldn't beat him out.

I wondered if it was leadership. Baker always had that "Let's go kill these MFers" leadership style. The flag planting. The over the top celebrations etc. Wondered if Lincoln preferred that.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Ahahah this team without Murray goes back to the Rosen Bradford Willks golden year
I guess the question is, with him, does it go anywhere further than barely making the playoffs and flaming out?

I don't have the passion to fight too heavily over this since Keim and Kliff are here for... eternity, but I'd happily go to the Rosen/Bradford/Wilks year if it meant one year of suffering to actually become a contender I could be excited about year-to-year.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
No he’s not. Not after being the weak-link of the very talented roster.

Their weak links were the bums who filled in for Conklin and Wills. They got hurt in the game before our game when Watt knocked out Baker. Nobody’s calling him a star QB but y’all act like he’s Rosen.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Their weak links were the bums who filled in for Conklin and Wills. They got hurt in the game before our game when Watt knocked out Baker. Nobody’s calling him a star QB but y’all act like he’s Rosen.
He was still relatively mediocre before Conklin & Wills even got hurt. It’s not like he was playing on fire even with them healthy.

Nobody is calling him Rosen, but it’s nowhere near believable that he is being underrated.

It’s arguable he had a better roster than A LOT of QBs above him.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Are they getting Landry and Fuller?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Maybe need both with their injury problems. However, I wouldn't want to stunt Donovan Peoples Jones growth either.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

The deal has a base value of only $3.25 million, per a source with knowledge of the deal. Of that amount, only $2.49 million is fully guaranteed at signing.

He gets a signing bonus of $1.455 million and a fully-guaranteed base salary of $1.035 million. The rest of the base package comes from a workout bonus ($250,000) and per-game roster bonuses ($30,000 per game, or up to $510,000).

The deal includes $7.5 million in incentives, at least $2 million of which hinge on the Chiefs at least getting to the AFC Championship. We’ll post the full details of the incentive package when we have them.

For now, here’s the truth. The reports of $10.75 million on a one-year deal are the opposite of truth, with the fluff representing more than twice the true base amount of the deal.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s what I don’t get. Proponents that state to trade Kyler is befuddling.

You can’t claim Kyler isn’t our guy and then claim some other team would trade players and draft picks because he could lead them to the promise land. If he could do it for tge Eagles then hypothetically he could it here or anywhere.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s what I don’t get. Proponents that state to trade Kyler is befuddling.

You can’t claim Kyler isn’t our guy and then claim some other team would trade players and draft picks because he could lead them to the promise land. If he could do it for tge Eagles then hypothetically he could it here or anywhere.
I don’t know who you’re referring to maybe I missed somebody’s post but I don’t think he’s the guy at all here or anywhere… Way too many shortcomings… Just because I don’t think he’s a guy doesn’t mean I don’t think another team wouldn’t be willing to trade the kitchen sink to get him either… Just like on this board and within the Cardinals organization there are people that are enamored with him. And it only takes one GM to be enamored.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know who you’re referring to maybe I missed somebody’s post but I don’t think he’s the guy at all here or anywhere… Way too many shortcomings… Just because I don’t think he’s a guy doesn’t mean I don’t think another team wouldn’t be willing to trade the kitchen sink to get him either… Just like on this board and within the Cardinals organization there are people that are enamored with him. And it only takes one GM to be enamored.
Perhaps.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But, naw, we couldn't have afforded him lol

You think Cooper is happy coming here to be WR2 to Nuk?

He wants to go somewhere where he's WR1. Like the Brown's.

I'm sure GMs are talking with his agent to see if it's worth trying to trade for him before trading draft picks.

If the agent says "He wants to be WR1 and have min 130 targets. Can you do that?" you're not going to waste a pick on a disgruntled player.

Its probably why he only went for a 5th because most teams have a WR1 already and it limited the options.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You think Cooper is happy coming here to be WR2 to Nuk?

He wants to go somewhere where he's WR1. Like the Brown's.

I'm sure GMs are talking with his agent to see if it's worth trying to trade for him before trading draft picks.

If the agent says "He wants to be WR1 and have min 130 targets. Can you do that?" you're not going to waste a pick on a disgruntled player.

Its probably why he only went for a 5th because most teams have a WR1 already and it limited the options.
You just won't be willing to admit this FO does a single thing wrong this offseason, will you? It's not that we failed to go after a player that would vastly improve and put a weapon around KM; it's that it simply wouldn't work! Or, or, if it did work, it wouldn't work out, because he'd be disgruntled!

I've watched you morph from KM loyalist to KM critic, which only makes sense. I've also watched you morph from valid team criticism to near blind support of this FO. Where has that come from? I'm genuinely curious. It's Kevin Bacon Animal House "remain calm, all is well" level support, from my perspective. Where's it coming from? We're a much worse team than we were last year atm, and bargain basement, wait-and-hope deals aren't getting us back to our previously inadequate level of roster construction. We needed to exceed what we had last year to have any hope of a playoff run. Instead, we're not even standing pat. Our division rival SB champs are improving on their championship team and laughing at us. Yet you're perfectly happy with that and think Keim's doing a great job. Why?