Free agency thread 2022

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don’t want to have to see AJ Green just sit down instead of looking up field after catching a pass for 17 weeks again.

Somewhere along the line AJ Green has played basketball. I like the way he blocks out a defensive back although I'm not making a case to bring him back.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder what Lincoln Riley saw that made him play Baker Mayfield over Kyler?

I know Baker was good in college, it's why he went #1, but I find it hard to believe that Kyler wasn't a better passer in practice plus his better wheels.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Looking at that the Browns paid for Watson...I would make a move and sell high on Kyler. I just don't think hes the guy, and I think if we pay him 50 million per year we will regret it, because I dont think Kyler ever becomes the "face of the franchise" other than being highly paid. I dont think he loves Football, or AZ, or the fans, or the teammates...anything like that. To me he feels like a very talented athlete, that has been told he is the best on the field since High School. He is trying to cash in as much as possible, and then get out with no injuries and then really live his life. It's totally fine, just not who I want to hand our franchise to with a huge deal.

That said...

I would trade: Kyler, Isabella and our 2nd round pick to Philly....for Their 3 first round picks and Devonta Smith and Garnder Minshew.

I think they would take that deal. They could make the move to take over the NFC East. Dallas is worse, the division is there for the taking, and they are not sold on Hurts (who they could also flip for picks).

I would then send our 3rd round pick to Cleveland for Baker Mayfield.

We get 2 QB's that played in the same Air Raid System as Kyler. Both Mayfield and Minshew in the last year of their deal. Make it an open competition in camp and may the best man win (and potentially get an extension).

We also go into the draft with FOUR first round picks, and we would have already gotten our WR2 in Smith. We could use those 4 picks on premium positions like Edge (great edge class), CB (pretty good CB class) and OLine (pretty good OLine class).

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Looking at that the Browns paid for Watson...I would make a move and sell high on Kyler. I just don't think hes the guy, and I think if we pay him 50 million per year we will regret it, because I dont think Kyler ever becomes the "face of the franchise" other than being highly paid. I dont think he loves Football, or AZ, or the fans, or the teammates...anything like that. To me he feels like a very talented athlete, that has been told he is the best on the field since High School. He is trying to cash in as much as possible, and then get out with no injuries and then really live his life. It's totally fine, just not who I want to hand our franchise to with a huge deal.

That said...

I would trade: Kyler, Isabella and our 2nd round pick to Philly....for Their 3 first round picks and Devonta Smith and Garnder Minshew.

I think they would take that deal. They could make the move to take over the NFC East. Dallas is worse, the division is there for the taking, and they are not sold on Hurts (who they could also flip for picks).

We get 2 QB's that played in the same Air Raid System as Kyler. Both Mayfield and Minshew in the last year of their deal. Make it an open competition in camp and may the best man win (and potentially get an extension).

We also go into the draft with FOUR first round picks, and we would have already gotten our WR2 in Smith. We could use those 4 picks on premium positions like Edge (great edge class), CB (pretty good CB class) and OLine (pretty good OLine class).

Attachments

• 8D9BA3F0-DD93-4881-93ED-D3F3BFDBCE27.jpeg
    8D9BA3F0-DD93-4881-93ED-D3F3BFDBCE27.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 20

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That said...

Kyler wouldn't achieve that though. He doesn't have near the resume that Watson has. A bunch of teams would be out of size alone and he wants paying more than he should at this stage. That reduces the value.

The reason Watson and Wilson cost so much is that they are proven franchise QB's that have made the playoffs multiple times and won games. Kyler is still potential.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard