Free agency thread 2022

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, we couldn’t afford any named free agents and suddenly we are going to trade picks to acquire a high priced player.
Let’s get real.
Not really the same. And none of the FAs are AJ Brown Caliber players.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Perhaps not. The point is we are not going to trade for a guy like Brown. I’d love it, but it’s not going to happen.

You're right it won't, but mainly because there is zero chance Brown is going anywhere he isn't clear WR1.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Personally I think a First and Third is too high a price for Brown especially considering the Raiders gave up a first and second for Adams. Brown is going to want somewhere in the neighborhood of $90+ million over 4 years. Secondly come 2023 the team would have over $50 million tied up in two WRs because Hopkins cap hit balloons to $30 million in 2023.

Hopkins Contract per Spotrac:
You must be registered for see images attach
Adams - 29 years old
Brown - 24 years old
The draft picks are also a little higher in the adams deal.

I’m good with 1st and 3rd. I could easily live with it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Deebo's success largely comes from Shanny's scheme. That's not to say he isn't good, but no team would be getting the same player.
. . . said no one that actually watched him this year. Deebo was certainly used well, but it’s not like his success was predicated on being wide open due to shanny’s sustem. It was predicated on his speed, power and moves to maximize plays that other receivers wouldn’t have been capable of. Watching him was watching electricity, not oohing and aaahing at how wide open he got due to the play design.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
. . . said no one that actually watched him this year. Deebo was certainly used well, but it’s not like his success was predicated on being wide open due to shanny’s sustem. It was predicated on his speed, power and moves to maximize plays that other receivers wouldn’t have been capable of. Watching him was watching electricity, not oohing and aaahing at how wide open he got due to the play design.
Deebo to me is like Boldin... one tough talented ****

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not counting the qb's he is the most impactful player in the nfl
He's a lot more impactful than Bolden due his ability to be used as an effective running back.

Question with him to me is will he be able to hold up physically for more than a year or 2 with similar usage as last season.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know that he's more mature than when he was at LSU. But, when he first joined the Cardinals, I remember reading that the further away he gets from NO, the better. Assume it had to do with his nightlife.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's a lot more impactful than Bolden due his ability to be used as an effective running back.

Question with him to me is will he be able to hold up physically for more than a year or 2 with similar usage as last season.
No that's why he wants to go somewhere else
Is thinking about career and making money, no need to shorten his career for the sake of a franchise and their brass

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know that he's more mature than when he was at LSU. But, when he first joined the Cardinals, I remember reading that the further away he gets from NO, the better. Assume it had to do with his nightlife.

He's grown up a lot since then

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard