Free agency thread 2022

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Lol this is funny statement, there are so many great qbs in the league and after being inactive for a season everyone dream to play with him
Now this deshaun looks a prime time Peyton Manning

Last edited:

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kyler wouldn't achieve that though. He doesn't have near the resume that Watson has. A bunch of teams would be out of size alone and he wants paying more than he should at this stage. That reduces the value.

The reason Watson and Wilson cost so much is that they are proven franchise QB's that have made the playoffs multiple times and won games. Kyler is still potential.
Like I said..I think Philly takes that deal. They have been competitive with Hurts...and Kyler is essentially a better version of Hurts.

That division is so weak, getting a QB like Kyler and signing him to a new deal almost assures you win that division 3/5 years. In the NFC west it doesnt.

I think they best thing for both KK and KM are to be apart from each other and develop their own style.

I think Mayfield or Minshew could be successful here, and we would be just as competitive as we have been with Kyler.

The sticking point may be them not wanting to give up Smith....and if thats the breaking point then we take back our 2nd and they keep Smith.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like I said..I think Philly takes that deal. They have been competitive with Hurts...and Kyler is essentially a better version of Hurts.

That division is so weak, getting a QB like Kyler and signing him to a new deal almost assures you win that division 3/5 years. In the NFC west it doesnt.

I think they best thing for both KK and KM are to be apart from each other and develop their own style.

I think Mayfield or Minshew could be successful here, and we would be just as competitive as we have been with Kyler.

The sticking point may be them not wanting to give up Smith....and if thats the breaking point then we take back our 2nd and they keep Smith.
Ahahah this team without Murray goes back to the Rosen Bradford Willks golden year

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ahahah this team without Murray goes back to the Rosen Bradford Willks golden year
I dont think so at all. I think we can achieve a .500 record with either of those QB's just like we have with Kyler.

Its AMAZING how much some people here over value Kyler.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont think so at all. I think we can achieve a .500 record with either of those QB's just like we have with Kyler.

Its AMAZING how much some people here over value Kyler.

I hope he will force a trade and go play somewhere else, so u can enjoy the minshew dude take this franchise where it deserve to be

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wonder what Lincoln Riley saw that made him play Baker Mayfield over Kyler?

I know Baker was good in college, it's why he went #1, but I find it hard to believe that Kyler wasn't a better passer in practice plus his better wheels.
Baker's eligibility was supposed to run out after Kyler's transfer year. He gained another year and had just been a top 3 Heisman candidate. And far too entrenched as a leader to be passed up even if the guy behind him was more talented. Its possible Kyler wouldn't have transferred to OU if he knew he'd have to sit another year. If Kyler graduated early/not played baseball and signed with OU out of HS then he might have started.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
d

While it would be very easy to disagree with you and laugh at it. You do make solid points.

Minshew wouldn't have the arm to consistently make throws against the NFC West. It can be argued despite his good mobility he'd just get beaten up/overwhelmed too. Just look at that Cowboys game to end the year.

Baker would be solid in Arizona IMO. Probably a good fit for Kliff's style. The problem is they have issues going back to college. Kliff was essentially looking to replace Baker not long after he got the job.

Problem with us getting picks for Kyler is that Keim is still the one making them. Our best bet is Kyler living up to his potential overcoming Keim.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Looking at that the Browns paid for Watson...I would make a move and sell high on Kyler. I just don't think hes the guy, and I think if we pay him 50 million per year we will regret it, because I dont think Kyler ever becomes the "face of the franchise" other than being highly paid. I dont think he loves Football, or AZ, or the fans, or the teammates...anything like that. To me he feels like a very talented athlete, that has been told he is the best on the field since High School. He is trying to cash in as much as possible, and then get out with no injuries and then really live his life. It's totally fine, just not who I want to hand our franchise to with a huge deal.

That said...

I would trade: Kyler, Isabella and our 2nd round pick to Philly....for Their 3 first round picks and Devonta Smith and Garnder Minshew.

I think they would take that deal. They could make the move to take over the NFC East. Dallas is worse, the division is there for the taking, and they are not sold on Hurts (who they could also flip for picks).

I would then send our 3rd round pick to Cleveland for Baker Mayfield.

We get 2 QB's that played in the same Air Raid System as Kyler. Both Mayfield and Minshew in the last year of their deal. Make it an open competition in camp and may the best man win (and potentially get an extension).

We also go into the draft with FOUR first round picks, and we would have already gotten our WR2 in Smith. We could use those 4 picks on premium positions like Edge (great edge class), CB (pretty good CB class) and OLine (pretty good OLine class).

This sounds great until you look at who would be making all of those picks...

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Looking at that the Browns paid for Watson...I would make a move and sell high on Kyler. I just don't think hes the guy, and I think if we pay him 50 million per year we will regret it, because I dont think Kyler ever becomes the "face of the franchise" other than being highly paid. I dont think he loves Football, or AZ, or the fans, or the teammates...anything like that. To me he feels like a very talented athlete, that has been told he is the best on the field since High School. He is trying to cash in as much as possible, and then get out with no injuries and then really live his life. It's totally fine, just not who I want to hand our franchise to with a huge deal.

That said...

I would trade: Kyler, Isabella and our 2nd round pick to Philly....for Their 3 first round picks and Devonta Smith and Garnder Minshew.

I think they would take that deal. They could make the move to take over the NFC East. Dallas is worse, the division is there for the taking, and they are not sold on Hurts (who they could also flip for picks).

I would then send our 3rd round pick to Cleveland for Baker Mayfield.

We get 2 QB's that played in the same Air Raid System as Kyler. Both Mayfield and Minshew in the last year of their deal. Make it an open competition in camp and may the best man win (and potentially get an extension).

We also go into the draft with FOUR first round picks, and we would have already gotten our WR2 in Smith. We could use those 4 picks on premium positions like Edge (great edge class), CB (pretty good CB class) and OLine (pretty good OLine class).
This.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol, in no way is this a serious statement

If you want to be “weak” somewhere, it’s the position where we just drafted in back-to-back years in the 1st round.
No it’s serious. You can get away with journeyman D lineman just fine.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
doesn’t really have to be that great though. They have a good team around him to carry him, just has to limit turnovers.
He kind of does with kc, the bills, San Diego, denver and Cinci all having better qbs.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey @Brian in Mesa , I'm ready for you to post the darkside thread for this year. Since the humiliating defeat in the playoffs, this organization has said nothing, done nothing. Why I keep coming back to the board expecting to see some big move/trade I dunno. I should just confine my visits to the board to the boring post thread and leave it at that. I'm a bitter old man.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Albert Breer

@AlbertBreer

If Rams QB Matthew Stafford plays out his new contract, which expires just as he turns 39, it'll push his career earnings to $422 million. The record, right now, is held by Aaron Rodgers (~$306 million). Also, I'm told the new deal lowers Stafford's cap # for '22 (it was $23M).

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
btw, I've become more bitter since my last post 2 minutes ago and I would love it for someone here to just slap some sense into these guys. I'm out, but not totally out! hahaha

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
d

While it would be very easy to disagree with you and laugh at it. You do make solid points.

Minshew wouldn't have the arm to consistently make throws against the NFC West. It can be argued despite his good mobility he'd just get beaten up/overwhelmed too. Just look at that Cowboys game to end the year.

Baker would be solid in Arizona IMO. Probably a good fit for Kliff's style. The problem is they have issues going back to college. Kliff was essentially looking to replace Baker not long after he got the job.

Problem with us getting picks for Kyler is that Keim is still the one making them. Our best bet is Kyler living up to his potential overcoming Keim.

I think Baker could do well here as well. And I think Baker has been served a big helping of humble pie by this whole situation. Give him a chance to make it work with Kliff. Winning cures all, and while I'm not completely convinced that Baker will completely resurrect his career here...I think he could easily put up a good year. He has put up 2 good years out of 4 and this system SHOULD fit him well.

I know I keep going on about Minshew...I just think the kid has earned a spot in the NFL...even if its as a backup. I don't get the people that hate on him so much. All he has done is perform well when given the chance. His numbers are solid, and he takes care of the ball.

We have seen the 49ers go to a SB and an NFC Championship game in the last few years with Jimmy G. We do not have to have a top 5 QB to be a contender. We need a top 15 QB and a solid team around him. Id take Baker at 5 years/100 million than Kyler at 5 years/250

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler wouldn't achieve that though. He doesn't have near the resume that Watson has. A bunch of teams would be out of size alone and he wants paying more than he should at this stage. That reduces the value.

The reason Watson and Wilson cost so much is that they are proven franchise QB's that have made the playoffs multiple times and won games. Kyler is still potential.

A 28-25 NFL record, 1 playoff win in 4 seasons, and 22 sexual abuse allegations. Quite the resume.