Cardinals Economics - Kyler and the Future

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler going to get $40 mil minimum. 5 years $250 mil $200 mil guaranteed.
Meh… let him walk… Watson is clearly a better QB. He has a much higher touchdown to interception ratio then Kyler. His YPA are a full yard higher then Kyler. His Comp % is 2 points higher then Kylers. If Kyler wants Deshaun Watson money he needs to play like Watson…

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Meh… let him walk… Watson is clearly a better QB. He has a much higher touchdown to interception ratio then Kyler. His YPA are a full yard higher then Kyler. His Comp % is 2 points higher then Kylers. If Kyler wants Deshaun Watson money he needs to play like Watson…
Oh, I agree but think Keim & Co. will cave. If they can get multiple 1st picks and change for him they should.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

QB's don't grow on trees, and that is not how the market works.

Do you think Kirk is the 3rd best WR in the NFL? Why did he get paid like it then...

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
QB's don't grow on trees, and that is not how the market works.

Do you think Kirk is the 3rd best WR in the NFL? Why did he get paid like it then...
Because the Jaguars are stupid and why they will continue to be perennial losers just like us if we pay Kyler like that… Kyler isn’t DeShawn Watson he panics to easy compared to Deshaun who is cool under pressure in sees the field better than Kyler…. No doubt it’s a risk… Just how I feel I don’t think Kyler Takes us to a Super Bowl even with decent talent around him he’s got too many shortcomings no pun intended…

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. Because they are the Jaguars and they had a lot of money to waste.
Jaguars or no, my point will still stand. New contacts aren't awarded on some sliding scale of skill/importance/whatever you want to call it. New contacts are awarded and the good players get top5+ money when it is time to re-up, whether they are worth it or not.

It is just a cold hard fact that some don't want to admit.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because the Jaguars are stupid and why they will continue to be perennial losers just like us if we pay Kyler like that… Kyler isn’t DeShawn Watson he panics to easy compared to Deshaun who is cool under pressure in sees the field better than Kyler…. No doubt it’s a risk… Just how I feel I don’t think Kyler Takes us to a Super Bowl even with decent talent around him he’s got too many shortcomings no pun intended…
Teams ALWAYS overpay every offseason, and again, that will never change.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spending big bucks to achieve nothing
That's a whole 'nother issue. We can't get anywhere drafting, and we are in cap hell. So how do you expect us to get better?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

So you want the CARDS to field offers now, right?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's a whole 'nother issue. We can't get anywhere drafting, and we are in cap hell. So how do you expect us to get better?

Just saying that i use to see bad teams spending huge money in free agency and keep being in the bottom
Free agents are use to be free agents for a reasons, old or nothing special, one year wonder
Our roster has many holes, many positions to fill, they cant spend lot of money to fill couple of positions with players that are paid like game changer and they are not
I think they will add players at the right price starting from next week and waiting for some cuts with the salary room to do it

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Two of Keim's picks that many here consider a dime-a-dozen just got well paid on the open market.

15 of our starters and rotation backups on 'D' are draft picks, JJ, Kennard, Gladney are the exceptions.

We are not in Cap Hell.

Can we do better, do we need to do better... YES!

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And you know this how?
Cause Murray is younger i guess more talented without off field issues and teams without a legit qb would do cart wheels to get him
However i know the fanbase is pretentious here, so after Murray they will have a qb to get excited

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cause Murray is younger i guess more talented without off field issues and teams without a legit qb would do cart wheels to get him
However i know the fanbase is pretentious here, so after Murray they will have a qb to get excited
But how can he be worth that much? He is nowhere near the level of Watson, right?

Just to be clear, my direct query to your post is how you know teams are offering that for Kyler. According to sources, no one has enquired about Murray in a trade.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can either make the case for Cap Hell or you can't.

It can, and has been done several times in the past. If we aren't consistently in cap hell, why don't we splurge in FA?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joking?
What level? He put the best stats after the, season was already over for them
Kyler is the better qb imo
Kind of. It isn't me saying that Kyler is nowhere near the player that Watson is. Others are doing it.