Bucks @ Suns Thursday game thread 2-10-2022

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Right now you may be correct, but if NY changes its policy on covid and Durant comes back healthy.and simmons is himself that will be tough for any team to face.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Sitting on the beach in Haleiwa after watching the sunset. Checked here for the score. Looks it was a great game for the good guys. I will read the thread later. You guys are the best.

Attachments

• C0711BAE-7193-4A2F-8D78-C0528F3F721C.jpeg
    C0711BAE-7193-4A2F-8D78-C0528F3F721C.jpeg
    300 KB · Views: 4

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Loved our strat of throwing big at Giannis. Guys he can’t consistently out muscle and with the length to dare him to take jumpers.
Unfortunately he creates a lot of contact and gets the refs to call the fouls on other teams. he is the new untouchable.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Preparing myself to be disappointed come June. Literally on;y one acceptable outcome to this season

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I look forward to Ja and the Grizz roughing the Warriors up in 7 games in the second round, loosening them up for the kill.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s only because Payne has been out for a while. Earlier this season his minutes were super manageable.
I think about it with more than just Paul. These guys have played a lot more basketball in a compressed amount of time than they’re used to. Booker for instance barely got an offseason, and there’s absolutely times like tonight where it’s disconcerting that the subs aren’t trusted to shoulder a large lead.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Preparing myself to be disappointed come June. Literally on;y one acceptable outcome to this season

I climaxed too soon on the Warriors thinking they were too good. If Dray isn’t fully healthy they’re a completely different team. We got the west on lock.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can’t wait. It’s like being on drugs for like two months straight. Some nights are bad trips, but the majority of them are euphoric highs.

And after getting NOTHING for almost a decade, I’ll take all I can get.
you are absolutely correct!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think about it with more than just Paul. These guys have played a lot more basketball in a compressed amount of time than they’re used to. Booker for instance barely got an offseason, and there’s absolutely times like tonight where it’s disconcerting that the subs aren’t trusted to shoulder a large lead.
You're right our turnaround was shorter than usual and with the international play Booker especially is probably showing signs of it in his legs but they should get more rest in the last third of the season with our roster adds and injured players returning.

But the minutes haven't been all that bad. Mikal leads the Suns in minutes per at 34.8 per game followed by Booker at 34 and CP at 33.3. It's been a little higher lately since all the injuries but with the break coming I don't think they're very concerned about it.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, in the arena you notice some little things and miss out on some huge stuff.

Had absolutely no clue that Connaughton got hurt.

When did it happen?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I climaxed too soon on the Warriors thinking they were too good. If Dray isn’t fully healthy they’re a completely different team. We got the west on lock.
On lock? Hardly. I like our chances but Memphis has the best record in the NBA from Christmas forward. They're 19-4 followed by the Suns at 18-5.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
On lock? Hardly. I like our chances but Memphis has the best record in the NBA from Christmas forward. They're 19-4 followed by the Suns at 18-5.

I love Memphis and Ja but you fear more than one player on the Grizzlies? We may have 4 of the best 5 players in that series.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Memphis and Ja but you fear more than one player on the Grizzlies? We may have 4 of the best 5 players in that series.
Jaren Jackson is a completely different player the past 6 weeks or so, he's finally starting to look like the star some thought he'd be. And they are like us, very deep with two way players. Fear may not be the right word but they worry me more than the Warriors do right certainly but even when they had Draymond and I think most of us realize a healthy Golden State could beat us. So again, no lock AFAIC.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Grizzlies are similar to the Nuggets last year, IMO. Solid cast surrounding 1 star but ultimately they'll only go as far as Ja can carry them. The Nuggets fell apart despite us letting Jokic hit his averages, although he had to work for them. They don't have anyone else who can go off and win games for them in the postseason.

I don't fear any team that is just 1 star like that. The Bucks beat us because Middleton and Holiday played like All-Stars to compliment Giannis, who played like the best player in the world.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92