Rondale "Bust" Moore

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Kirk, Isabella, Moore. Three second round receivers, three disappointments; and Keim will need to sign at least one decent WR in the offseason.

BigCardsFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
he's not a bust but absolutely stupid drafting a 5'7 Wr in the 2nd round who is not a special teams ace

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of short players I really wonder where Houston's Marcus Jones goes or if he's drafted at all? 5'8" CB who returned like 10 kicks for TD's in his college career punts and kickoffs. he's small but he's electric fast and cuts on a dime. I think KO returns are almost pointless at this point so many touchbacks just take the ball at the 25. But it will be interesting does anybody take Jones and is he too small or will he still be impactful as a punt returner in the NFL?

Really hard to judge I figured Jaylen Waddle would be a return demon in the NFL and while he didn't get too many chances he was largely ineffective in the NFL at it.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
As I said, I'm tired of tiny receivers that do jack. Did Steve Smith produce? Yes, so I would love to have had him. Unfortunately, RM is like 90% of the other tiny college receivers that try to make the NFL. So far.
Deandre is little

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
As I said, I'm tired of tiny receivers that do jack. Did Steve Smith produce? Yes, so I would love to have had him. Unfortunately, RM is like 90% of the other tiny college receivers that try to make the NFL. So far.
steve smith,..in his rookie year had 10 catches in 15 games for 154 yards.

I would say Moore has performed better than that.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
You think he would be a stud on this team? I don't. People see a player having success on one team and automatically assume that he would have success on a different team.
I think Freiermuth would be good on any team. And better than Moore on any team. I’d been touting him for a couple years. Originally wanted him as a 1sr rounder. That he was there in round 2 could’ve been a steal.

Instead Moore squatted like about 600 pounds and put up good workout numbers. Too bad he really was only good 3 years ago as a freshman at Purdue.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Freiermuth would be good on any team. And better than Moore on any team. I’d been touting him for a couple years. Originally wanted him as a 1sr rounder. That he was there in round 2 could’ve been a steal.

Instead Moore squatted like about 600 pounds and put up good workout numbers. Too bad he really was only good 3 years ago as a freshman at Purdue.
I want them to stop spending 2nd round picks on small WRs but I doubt we get our wish until we rid ourselves of Keim.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
There was one play last night where Griese pointed out if Kyler had seen it he could have hit Moore on exactly that play. I think it was a play he threw deeper instead don't remember but I remember thinking Moore was actually running deeper routes last night.

If we let Kirk go I assume Rondale is the slot guy next year but again I'd be surprised if we let Kirk go.

I would be shocked if we kept Kirk. He has plenty of good tape out there to convince some team that he can be a good #2.

We didn't actually draft him to return kicks I don't think the book on him in college was he didn't really return them. I think it became apparent in camp that we had nobody else and didn't want to use Kirk, so we tried Rondale. Early in the year he had several returns where he was one block away from busting it, but it's been awhile since one of those happened.
He didn't return kicks in college, but Keim definitely said that we'd be putting Moore back there and he'd be a moster, which made no sense at the time and less sense now.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I’m running it back with the pass catchers minus Green. They all get open it’s on Kyler to hit them.

Rondale Moore made several plays early on to show he belongs in the league and has a bright future.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Again why so many targets for A Rookie? 82 I think - Had like 18 runs at 180 lbs. I think he did his best, must Kingsbury a turn on something. Cause some pretty good veterans were starving for touches.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I’m running it back with the pass catchers minus Green. They all get open it’s on Kyler to hit them.

Rondale Moore made several plays early on to show he belongs in the league and has a bright future.
I'm sorry, did we watch the same game? He screwed up a kick return, had a negative yardage catch, had a catch gifted to him on a play he gifted it to the opposing player, and I think had only 1 other catch. If that's showing he belongs in the league and has a bright future, I'd hate to see how bad a player would have to be to show he's not good enough.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm sorry, did we watch the same game? He screwed up a kick return, had a negative yardage catch, had a catch gifted to him on a play he gifted it to the opposing player, and I think had only 1 other catch. If that's showing he belongs in the league and has a bright future, I'd hate to see how bad a player would have to be to show he's not good enough.
I think he was talking about early on in the season before he disappeared.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol great contribution.
Why would I contribute to such a dramatic thread about a young kid who did far more than any of our other recent WR picks? Or that has only played one year?

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Short QB and a Short receiver is a problem when looking to connect downfield.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol great contribution.
Stout you are too severe with the kid, he had almost 500 yards while missing some time and playing as a fourth receiver
Still 21/22, he is much tougher and has better hands then Isabella, i understand yiur frustration now about the team and a crappy season ending
But its not everything black

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sorry, but this kid has been a bust thus far. I hope he can flourish moving forward, but my fears for this pick have been more than realized. Can't stay healthy. A liability on KR (he cost us dearly when he brought the kick out, pinning us back again). Nothing downfield--one of his only catches he gifted to the DB as an INT, and only the DB's good will gave him the ball back. King of the 1-yard or negative-yard specials. Just a complete waste.
May have been mentioned already but the coaches in my opinion underutilized him which is the reason he had so many negative plays on offense. They never used him downfield.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
while lots to be down on with the Cards right now, this feels like an overreaction

Moore had a role -- the extension of the running game / stretch horizontally guy

on 11 on 11 views: Moore was open on deeper stuff lots, but Murray went other places.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
May have been mentioned already but the coaches in my opinion underutilized him which is the reason he had so many negative plays on offense. They never used him downfield.
This could be valid. Hard to know if they didn't utilize him like that because he couldn't handle it, KK is incompetent, they needed him for the smaller role, or what.

yagetonemoreyear

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Most of what I saw of him was, he was being a victim of Kliff/Kylers penchant for having Kyler pivot left or right and firing a pass out to that player standing 3 feet behind the LOS.
That should be considered a trick play, not some bread and butter Cardinal offense bulls##t. It NEVER works.

My ex starting getting into football and Cardinals last year, one day she turns to me and says "why are they ALWAYS throwing the ball sideways to some guy who goes nowhere ?"
Exactly. Why are they ALWAYS doing that ? And why is their supposed super fast sonic-boy the one just sitting there being sized up by the defense ?

And Kingsbury can't figure this out ? And if it is Kyler's audible doing this, why the hell has s##t NOT rained down on him from above ? It is obvious, his cognitive abilities are not quite as good as he thought they were.

Rondale should have been 20 yards downfield and accelerating, not standing like a dummy for a play that I really don't think I saw work a single time since about game 4.

We have no idea if Rondale is a bust.
We know Kingsbury is a bust.
We know VJ is a bust.
We know Kugler is a bust.
We do NOT know Rondale is a bust until they use him the way he was touted to be used when drafted. More Cradinal Coach/Co-ordinator incompetence.

A decent coaching staff and we'd be odds on to play in the big show... even with Kyler as QB. that is how bad these clowns are.