That’s Why You Fire Kliff

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let's keep Kliff aside; who on this pathetic teams ever raised to the occasion to make a play on the field in a must win game. The top players have to take the heat as well for their gutless performances like Kyler, DJ Humphries, Budda Baker, Byron Murphy...

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The main reason I'm not too mad about this loss is after Locket burned us early I had to look up the guy covering him. WHO THE HELL IS BREON BORDERS?!?!?!? Beating anyone is gonna be a struggle with a guy like that on the field. We better hope we can get Wilson or Peterson back for the playoffs.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardinals won the division 3 times in the last thirty years. Thank You Kyler and Kliff for failing spectacularly at the finish line with a 95.6 % probability to win entering December.

John Madden was right about Cardinals when he used the word "Futile" to describe the existence of Cardinals as a franchise.

Ugh why do I love to root for this franchise year after year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The main reason I'm not too mad about this loss is after Locket burned us early I had to look up the guy covering him. WHO THE HELL IS BREON BORDERS?!?!?!? Beating anyone is gonna be a struggle with a guy like that on the field. We better hope we can get Wilson or Peterson back for the playoffs.
Yeah, no. We were playing a crappy team who had just as many injuries or more. You just have to look at some of their defenders who were making our "starting offensive line" look like dog poop.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Cards don't win against the Rams I am 100% OK with firing Kliff.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
If the Cardinals get run off the field on Monday, tempers will flare, but it will be for naught.

I won't be super-excited about it either, but with "just" eleven wins, K2 deserves another year to try to get it fixed. VJ too.
Try to get what fixed? Is Kliff going to suddenly become a disciplinarian? Will VJ have a D that anyone can figure out?

Doing the same thing and expecting different results is insanity. This team is desperate for leadership and an identity. You could have talked me into progress early in the year, but THE EXACT SAME THING happens twice in a row.

You really want to bring Kliff back again if we end up losing 5 of 6 to finish the season, and every game that matters?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Try to get what fixed? Is Kliff going to suddenly become a disciplinarian? Will VJ have a D that anyone can figure out?

Doing the same thing and expecting different results is insanity. This team is desperate for leadership and an identity. You could have talked me into progress early in the year, but THE EXACT SAME THING happens twice in a row.

You really want to bring Kliff back again if we end up losing 5 of 6 to finish the season, and every game that matters?

It's complicated.

I think we have a better roster than we did last year, and while healthy, I think Kliff and VJ we're able to leverage this additional talent into more wins, and a trip to the playoffs. So they get credit for that.

But our depth has been sorely tested over the last five or six weeks. What if our depth would have been a little better yesterday? Could we have gutted out a win? I think maybe.

But also, I understand that the K2, VJ and K1 not winning clutch games is a thing. It's not resolved.

Kliff and Kyler are still young however. They both appear to have plenty of innate talent, a while perhaps they are not great leaders now, they can learn to be better. You cannot, however, make someone have "more talent".

So yes, I'd rather take the risk that Kingsbury will become a better leader vs. blowing the whole thing up this year.

Also, I think the roster that K2 is working with could still be a little better. Keim has been on a mild heater for about two years now, I'd like to see what he could do with one more year of K1's rookie contract.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
It's complicated.

I think we have a better roster than we did last year, and while healthy, I think Kliff and VJ we're able to leverage this additional talent into more wins, and a trip to the playoffs. So they get credit for that.

But our depth has been sorely tested over the last five or six weeks. What if our depth would have been a little better yesterday? Could we have gutted out a win? I think maybe.

But also, I understand that the K2, VJ and K1 not winning clutch games is a thing. It's not resolved.

Kliff and Kyler are still young however. They both appear to have plenty of innate talent, a while perhaps they are not great leaders now, they can learn to be better. You cannot, however, make someone have "more talent".

So yes, I'd rather take the risk that Kingsbury will become a better leader vs. blowing the whole thing up this year.

Also, I think the roster that K2 is working with could still be a little better. Keim has been on a mild heater for about two years now, I'd like to see what he could do with one more year of K1's rookie contract.
No worries here, the entire gang will be back for the 2022 season. Keim and Bidwill will make sure of that. They will probably extend Murray and when the 2023 season rolls around and they then decide KK isn't it, the new coach will be stuck with Murray and the the dilemma will be what to do with Murray especially if the new HC doesn't see him as his QBOTF or one that will fit the offense he would like to run.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's complicated.

You don't get 5, 6, 7 years to figure things out and slowly right the ship in the modern NFL. Teeny tiny baby steps are no longer a thing. Not winning clutch games several seasons in a row is a trend, and it cannot be allowed to continue.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No worries here, the entire gang will be back for the 2022 season. Keim and Bidwill will make sure of that. They will probably extend Murray and when the 2023 season rolls around and they then decide KK isn't it, the new coach will be stuck with Murray and the the dilemma will be what to do with Murray especially if the new HC doesn't see him as his QBOTF or one that will fit the offense he would like to run.
THIS x100.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't get 5, 6, 7 years to figure things out and slowly right the ship in the modern NFL. Teeny tiny baby steps are no longer a thing. Not winning clutch games several seasons in a row is a trend, and it cannot be allowed to continue.
Just to play devil's advocate...

Things are never a thing. Until they are. The Cardinals are going to stay on that path unless the ship completely capsizes. Right or wrong. Kliff will get it fixed or he won't. Just because the rest of the NFL doesn't do that won't matter this offseason.

IMO. There is no way he gets fired now. He will probably get extended. Perhaps a completely humiliating loss in LA will mean no extension.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just to play devil's advocate...

Things are never a thing. Until they are. The Cardinals are going to stay on that path unless the ship completely capsizes. Right or wrong. Kliff will get it fixed or he won't. Just because the rest of the NFL doesn't do that won't matter this offseason.

IMO. There is no way he gets fired now. He will probably get extended. Perhaps a completely humiliating loss in LA will mean no extension.
Loss means he gets a one year extension. Win means two years

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard