That’s Why You Fire Kliff

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't get 5, 6, 7 years to figure things out and slowly right the ship in the modern NFL. Teeny tiny baby steps are no longer a thing. Not winning clutch games several seasons in a row is a trend, and it cannot be allowed to continue.
Not to mention collapses down the stretch 2 years running and blowing a 95% chance to win the division. If we get rolled by the Rams I expect him to be fired.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Just to play devil's advocate...

Things are never a thing. Until they are. The Cardinals are going to stay on that path unless the ship completely capsizes. Right or wrong. Kliff will get it fixed or he won't. Just because the rest of the NFL doesn't do that won't matter this offseason.

IMO. There is no way he gets fired now. He will probably get extended. Perhaps a completely humiliating loss in LA will mean no extension.
If we don't win, it would be unconscionable to extend him. He will have proven he is able to lead a team to epic collapses, but, hey, that collapse will have included a playoff loss! Wee! I agree with your "right or wrong," because, though I feel it would be very wrong, it is what I think they're going to do. How well does it go when Keim pretends he's the smartest GM in the league? Not well at all.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
No worries here, the entire gang will be back for the 2022 season. Keim and Bidwill will make sure of that. They will probably extend Murray and when the 2023 season rolls around and they then decide KK isn't it, the new coach will be stuck with Murray and the the dilemma will be what to do with Murray especially if the new HC doesn't see him as his QBOTF or one that will fit the offense he would like to run.

Maybe a reason to grab Flores while available, since Tagovailoa is a bit along the lines of Murray?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe a reason to grab Flores while available, since Tagovailoa is a bit along the lines of Murray?
I don't understand fire KK and hire Flores. Flores had a .490 record in Miami in 3 seasons, no playoffs. KK is .500. Flores has had terribly slow starts to seasons, KK at the end of the season. But they both get to the same point.

Now, maybe have KK coach the first half of season, and Flores the second half. Then we should be 12 wins or more every season.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t feel sorry for Kliff, the person, but the idea of him. Man has leaped over expectations by making the playoffs after being projected to finish last in the division & yet a lot of people hate his guts lmao
Every NFL fanbase has a certain amount of people will want their coach/GM fired every time they string together a couple of losses. Its just the life of a coach

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t feel sorry for Kliff, the person, but the idea of him. Man has leaped over expectations by making the playoffs after being projected to finish last in the division & yet a lot of people hate his guts lmao
I think people are worried Kliff is the Kirk Cousins of coaches. To that I say there Kliff is better than Kirk.

Reaction score
It's complicated.

I think we have a better roster than we did last year, and while healthy, I think Kliff and VJ we're able to leverage this additional talent into more wins, and a trip to the playoffs. So they get credit for that.

But our depth has been sorely tested over the last five or six weeks. What if our depth would have been a little better yesterday? Could we have gutted out a win? I think maybe.

But also, I understand that the K2, VJ and K1 not winning clutch games is a thing. It's not resolved.

Kliff and Kyler are still young however. They both appear to have plenty of innate talent, a while perhaps they are not great leaders now, they can learn to be better. You cannot, however, make someone have "more talent".

So yes, I'd rather take the risk that Kingsbury will become a better leader vs. blowing the whole thing up this year.

Also, I think the roster that K2 is working with could still be a little better. Keim has been on a mild heater for about two years now, I'd like to see what he could do with one more year of K1's rookie contract.

Good post CW. I don't think it's a coincidence that the injuries started showing up & then the losses. Had a couple of certain players not get injured I believe we would have a few more wins in there.

Reaction score
KK takes us to an 11 & 6 record & people want him fired. Only Cards fans would be like this. Yes, I understand we could have achieved more but it would be even more to add to the accomplishments of a head coach in only his 3rd year as an NFL Head Coach. Yes I get **** from cheese & Ouchie for being a rah rah guy but you don't have to be a rah rah guy to see what a guy, who has come into the league with zero NFL coaching experience & took over as Head Coach for the worst team in the league, has done.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
KK takes us to an 11 & 6 record & people want him fired. Only Cards fans would be like this. Yes, I understand we could have achieved more but it would be even more to add to the accomplishments of a head coach in only his 3rd year as an NFL Head Coach. Yes I get **** from cheese & Ouchie for being a rah rah guy but you don't have to be a rah rah guy to see what a guy, who has come into the league with zero NFL coaching experience & took over as Head Coach for the worst team in the league, has done.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Epic collapse. Absolutely Kliff should be questioned if he is the right coach. Doesn't mean he should be fired for 2022.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Good post CW. I don't think it's a coincidence that the injuries started showing up & then the losses. Had a couple of certain players not get injured I believe we would have a few more wins in there.

Rams have no one one their injury list this week. For that reason, they should beat us. Maybe next year we will have all our top players, as well as a better D.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I agree with this a lot. I want to see more just like everyone else on this board. I want to be heading into the postseason on a winning streak. I want to be a favorite. I want to see the Cardinals win big/meaningful games. That said, to ignore the progress of this team HC included is kinda silly.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I agree with this a lot. I want to see more just like everyone else on this board. I want to be heading into the postseason on a winning streak. I want to be a favorite. I want to see the Cardinals win big/meaningful games. That said, to ignore the progress of this team HC included is kinda silly.
That's where I stand. I have a great deal of respect for KK, I mean it's been no small task to get us where we are. With all that said I think this is his ceiling, and this is the best he has to offer. I think it's like Chucky took over for dungy and won a Superbowl. Dungy could only get them so far and Chucky got them over the hump. Just my two cents.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The best is this clown gets at least another year to screw up this team

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

On top of his, “at least we’re in the playoffs” statement, this is horrible. Take some accountability for the team being ill-prepared and undisciplined. JFC, he sucks so bad at his job

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA