That’s Why You Fire Kliff

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Ah, you're misreading it. I was low-key admitting I use hyperbole but saying I wasn't going to cop to it unless he copped to his homerism. Effing A I use hyperbole, like, all the time. Like, more than anyone ever in the history of the world. And my hyperbole is the BEST hyperbole EVAH.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Second most successful regular season in Cardinals history and a franchise record with 8 road wins.

Both our coach and GM can't suck.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
Reaction score
Haha, NO. Nice try moving the goal posts, but literally nobody here said he watches NO game film. All players are MADE to watch film by the coaches every week.

I'll go back & reread the thread when I get a chance but I'm pretty sure there were a few posts that said he didn't watch any film. Outside of what he has to watch in the QB room etc. of course.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Kliff is a frustrating coach. Tons of flaws. He’s been winning most this season despite himself.

One thing that drives me nuts is the lack of discipline. The Cards have been in the top 5 most penalized teams in every season he has coached.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Kliff is a frustrating coach. Tons of flaws. He’s been winning most this season despite himself.

One thing that drives me nuts is the lack of discipline. The Cards have been in the top 5 most penalized teams in every season he has coached.
Discipline is better than last season. Dre Kirkpatrick and Patrick Peterson were penalty machines last year. A lot of this year's PIs are marginal.

Most frustrating are the false starts. Second is the delay of games. No reason for either IMO.

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
Except that I don't do that Stout. For example, over the last several weeks I've acknowledged/lamented Murray's lack of success in meaningful games. Neither have I blamed all of his recent struggles on our suspect O-line (or Kingsbury's play calling). Overall, K1 played pretty poorly during the losing streak.

What I really dislike, however, is when Murray, or any Cardinals player, unfairly becomes a message board punching bag.

For example, when the NY times article came out, despite the actual quote, the narrative on this board, led by the darksiders of course, quickly become that Murray watches no film. And this later morphed into him "not putting in the necessary work to get better" and that "he's not committed to being great".

Do any of us on this board know exactly how hard Murray works at his craft, or his mindset about success? No. And so given imperfect information, I think a reasonable poster would refrain from impinging on his worth ethic, or his desire to win.

And that's just one of many examples. The "Isaiah Simmons is a bust" narrative being another. We'll probably see a few threads this week about benching/trading Byron Murphy too.

No player is going to be great every game, and occasionally may have a multigame slump. They're only human beings after all, and I wish the "knives would come out" (so to speak) a little slower on this board, which I otherwise prize for it's intelligent discourse and football acumen.
Finally someone speaking with a modem of intelligence!
thank you CW.

Stout

Reaction score
Finally someone speaking with a modem of intelligence!
thank you CW.
First, a modicum of intelligence, not modem lol

Second, CW just claimed he isn't a KM homer, yet has been arguing he'd rather have KM than prime Kurt Warner in a playoff game. Didn't feel like calling him out for it on the thread again, but since it's a prime part of the post you're quoting...yeah, no lol

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can close this thread now. The win against the cow piles changes the question is when do we extend Kingsbury.
11-6, 12-5, Doesn’t matter.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
First, a modicum of intelligence, not modem lol

Second, CW just claimed he isn't a KM homer, yet has been arguing he'd rather have KM than prime Kurt Warner in a playoff game. Didn't feel like calling him out for it on the thread again, but since it's a prime part of the post you're quoting...yeah, no lol

Please stop misquoting me.

1. If you read my response in that thread, I clearly say I'd have to think about KW or K1.

2. Neither do I refer to "Kurt Warner in his prime". 1999 was his best statistical year by a mile, when he won the MVP and Superbowl. But I specifically refer to KW in our 2008/2009 season, in which he was good, but not as good as 1999 - 2001 KW.

3. You're calling out that guy for quoting a post of mine that discusses KW/K1. But in the post of mine he quotes/praises I actually don't mention the KW/K1 issue.

Wow. Lol...

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure about this, but it seems to me that after coming back from his injury, Kyler is not as quick as he was earlier in the year. It's possible that teams are just defending him better. But he can't out run as many as he used to. JMO.

Stout

Reaction score
Please stop misquoting me.

1. If you read my response in that thread, I clearly say I'd have to think about KW or K1.

2. Neither do I refer to "Kurt Warner in his prime". 1999 was his best statistical year by a mile, when he won the MVP and Superbowl. But I specifically refer to KW in our 2008/2009 season, in which he was good, but not as good as 1999 - 2001 KW.

3. You're calling out that guy for quoting a post of mine that discusses KW/K1. But in the post of mine he quotes/praises I actually don't mention the KW/K1 issue.

Wow. Lol...
You're very much showing a pattern of blind KM homerism to the point of silliness, then trying to go back and cover it up like, "Nah, not me, I never said it LIKE THAT." You're a blind KM homer. And that's okay to be--a blind supporter of your college and pro QB. Nothing wrong with holding that opinion; it just won't be common or often shared.

Right now: Prime KW or prime KM in the playoffs. Who would you pick? Will you paper over your earlier comments on another thread or own up to it?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
You're very much showing a pattern of blind KM homerism to the point of silliness, then trying to go back and cover it up like, "Nah, not me, I never said it LIKE THAT." You're a blind KM homer. And that's okay to be--a blind supporter of your college and pro QB. Nothing wrong with holding that opinion; it just won't be common or often shared.

Right now: Prime KW or prime KM in the playoffs. Who would you pick? Will you paper over your earlier comments on another thread or own up to it?

Disappointing man. Didn't want it to be like this between us, but okay. Hope I don't have to put you on ignore like I did to cheese.

For the record, if I had to win a playoff game today, I would chose 1999 Kurt Warner over 2021 K1. Pretty easy decision.

Stout

Reaction score
Disappointing man. Didn't want it to be like this between us, but okay. Hope I don't have to put you on ignore like I did to cheese.

For the record, if I had to win a playoff game today, I would chose 1999 Kurt Warner over 2021 K1. Pretty easy decision.
CW, I let it lie on one thread, but then it came up not of my accord on another thread.

And I agree with you--that's an easy decision.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Kurt is arguably a top-5 postseason QB all time. He was merely above average in the regular season outside of 1-2 seasons with a ridiculous supporting cast in the early 2000’s.

In 6 playoff games for the Cards he’s thrown 16 TD to 4 INT’s and has a 117 passer rating. If he doesn’t throw one of the most influential picks in history or is the victim of some Patriots tomfoolery we might be talking top-3. But the pick happened so we can’t do that.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
After deep deliberation with myself it is my earnest desire that Cardinals fire Kliff and hire Joe Judge.
Giant fans want to know how high a draft pick will you give them for Joe Judge? If not, then they'll just go ahead and fire him. And they have a GM that they'd be willing to give up and a bridge in Brooklyn.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just read that the Cardinals are only the 8th team to win 8 regular season games on the road. 5 of those 7 made it to the SB!

That's impressive!
Every other team did it at 8-0. We we’re actually 7-1 in the 8 games those other teams accomplished that feat in. Only reached 8 wins because we got an extra road game that the other teams didn’t because of the extra game thus season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson