Antonio Brown

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If a team wants to bring in Antonio Brown, that’s not my problem. But if you’re a team thinking you’ll “fix him,” you’ll be sorely disappointed and embarrassed. I wouldn’t want him on my team, but if he were, I would’ve cut him after the fake vaccine card incident. That was enough to say that he still hasn’t figured it out and needs counseling away from the sport

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
He wants everything done on his conditions, as he sees fit. I think he believes he is bigger than much of what is going on around him. Dude is Uber talented and one of the greatest of all time, but his ego and sense of worth/importance is delusional.

I got pissed off on a contract once, and rightfully so- was lied to in just about every possible category. I attempted to reconcile with the entity, they wouldn’t budge, so I popped smoke and left. My other colleagues in the industry said “they’re going to crash and burn on that contract without you.” I started believing that too. But guess what, they didn’t, and somehow they still have it! The bucs and the rest of the league will live to fight another day without AB. It’s possible he has SMI going on, but the more attention he gets, the more it feeds that illness (ie- releasing his rap song moments after walking off the field). You want out, there’s the door, good luck, and don’t look back, because that door is going to lock behind you.

Ps- he was a far better football player than he is rapper….

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bring a complete moron and Dhead doesn’t mean he has CTE.

If he didn’t have football skills, he’d probably have been incarcerated years ago. Some people are just obnoxious a-holes.

True but he wasn't always like that he's gotten worse over the years. Also given how long he's played statistically it's highly unlikely he does NOT have CTE. In the studies to date 99% of the brains studied of ex NFL players showed CTE and 91% of the ex college players had it.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would think he has a few of these symptoms based on his behavior.

The symptoms of CTE include memory loss, confusion, impaired judgment, impulse control problems, aggression, depression, anxiety, suicidality, parkinsonism, and, eventually, progressive dementia. These symptoms often begin years or even decades after the last brain trauma or end of active athletic involvement.

TJ

Reaction score
My mental health professional opinion based on pure conjecture (using some old-school DSM IV language): That he's always (CLEARLY) been Axis 2, and probably got TBI to go with it. As much of a diva as he was, something changed, drastically, and his behavior changed commensurately.

DSM-5 came out 9 years ago and the multi-axial system hasn’t been a thing in a while man lol.

But yeah, AB probably has a Cluster B personality disorder.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
My mental health professional opinion based on pure conjecture (using some old-school DSM IV language): That he's always (CLEARLY) been Axis 2, and probably got TBI to go with it. As much of a diva as he was, something changed, drastically, and his behavior changed commensurately.

DSM-5 came out 9 years ago and the multi-axial system hasn’t been a thing in a while man lol.

Sounds like both of you know a lot about mental health. What do you do?

Thank you for your commitment to helping people in this space...really important and needed.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

lol Yes, I know. As I said, I'm a mental health professional. Actually, it came out almost 8 years ago, because I had to take a class on the DSM IV in 2014 right before the V came out. Folks always do still talk about Axis II and Cluster B, though.

Edit: Correction, almost 9 years ago--the prerequisite class was in 2013, not the month I graduated, obviously lol So you hit it right, TJ, on the publication year.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score

Thank you for your commitment to helping people in this space...really important and needed.
I'm a social worker with the VA and do trauma therapy. My main duty is addictions treatment.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm a social worker with the VA and do trauma therapy. My main duty is addictions treatment.

And as a health professional, Stout, what treatment would you prescribe for someone with the following addiction:

:madarms: "Effing A I use hyperbole, like, all the time. Like, more than anyone ever in the history of the world. And my hyperbole is the BEST hyperbole EVAH".

:);):D

Stout

Reaction score
And as a health professional, Stout, what treatment would you prescribe for someone with the following addiction:

:madarms: "Effing A I use hyperbole, like, all the time. Like, more than anyone ever in the history of the world. And my hyperbole is the BEST hyperbole EVAH".

:);):D
Nothing. Laughter is the best medicine and they were clearly being facetious :D

TJ

Reaction score
lol Yes, I know. As I said, I'm a mental health professional. Actually, it came out almost 8 years ago, because I had to take a class on the DSM IV in 2014 right before the V came out. Folks always do still talk about Axis II and Cluster B, though.

Edit: Correction, almost 9 years ago--the prerequisite class was in 2013, not the month I graduated, obviously lol So you hit it right, TJ, on the publication year.
LOL the 5 came out a month before I graduated with my MA. My practicum supervisor hammered us about it, so we had no choice but to check it out.

There were significant changes to Autism, PDD, and MR Dxs, and at the time I worked predominantly with kiddos on the spectrum, so I had to know the ins and outs

TJ

Reaction score

Thanks! I’m a psychotherapist and behavior analyst. I specialize in working with young males (teens and adults) with emotional regulation, life transition issues (such as failure to launch), and other behavioral and emotional concerns.

Stout

Reaction score
LOL the 5 came out a month before I graduated with my MA. My practicum supervisor hammered us about it, so we had no choice but to check it out.

There were significant changes to Autism, PDD, and MR Dxs, and at the time I worked predominantly with kiddos on the spectrum, so I had to know the ins and outs
I had heard about those changes and reviewed them before my clinical test. Yeah, working with kids on the spectrum would make that a must--the changes to Autism were particular large. I had to take the class covering the DSM as a prerequisite ending in May because you had to have that class to get into the 2nd year MFA classes. Literally days after that class ended is when the DSM V came out, making the class irrelevant. Such a lousy setup and the worst timing!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Thanks! I’m a psychotherapist and behavior analyst. I specialize in working with young males (teens and adults) with emotional regulation, life transition issues (such as failure to launch), and other behavioral and emotional concerns.

That’s a legit diagnosis and not just a terrible movie?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Thoughts come to mind, but before I go there, please explain?

TJ

Reaction score
That’s a legit diagnosis and not just a terrible movie?
Not a diagnosis, more of a symptom of anxiety, depression, etc. It's a loose term for teens who have concerns entering adulthood and end up staying with their parents long-term.

TJ

Reaction score
Thoughts come to mind, but before I go there, please explain?

It's a term used to describe a teen/young adult who doesn't leave the care of their parents/caregivers. For example, they may be concerned with financial independence (taking on their own cell phone bill, paying their own rent, etc.), basic living skills (grocery shopping, filling a prescription, etc.), social situations away from their parents, etc. It's kinda fascinating because it gets to the ins and outs of why we see adults in their 30s living with their parents, and it's not always about not being able to afford rent.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's a term used to describe a teen/young adult who doesn't leave the care of their parents/caregivers. For example, they may be concerned with financial independence (taking on their own cell phone bill, paying their own rent, etc.), basic living skills (grocery shopping, filling a prescription, etc.), social situations away from their parents, etc. It's kinda fascinating because it gets to the ins and outs of why we see adults in their 30s living with their parents, and it's not always about not being able to afford rent.

Well, in some societies children are socialized to remain close to home, within the unit and it's the norm. Italy is a pretty good example.

TJ

Reaction score
Well, in some societies children are socialized to remain close to home, within the unit and it's the norm. Italy is a pretty good example.
Yes. Those are non-clinical reasons that I dont treat. If there are religious/cultural considerations in play, I wont touch it, unless it’s someone who’s differentiating from their family culture.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Man, I really could have used you back in the late seventies.
my treatment was a bludgeon to the skull for acting like a weirdo....made even stimming stressful, which defeats the purpose

back then, in my neck of the woods...autism wasnt a thing. a kid was either ********, or he wasnt...and being a straight A student...obviously I wasnt ********...so my step dad felt it his duty to beat the weirdo out of me.
worked for the most part, I learned how to function in society...but I function so much better when I stay away from it, lol

Reactions: TJ

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Man, I really could have used you back in the late seventies.
my treatment was a bludgeon to the skull for acting like a weirdo....made even stimming stressful, which defeats the purpose

back then, in my neck of the woods...autism wasnt a thing. a kid was either ********, or he wasnt...and being a straight A student...obviously I wasnt ********...so my step dad felt it his duty to beat the weirdo out of me.
worked for the most part, I learned how to function in society...but I function so much better when I stay away from it, lol
Unfortunately that was many of us in society brother.

From the sounds of it, I think many in the know and circles of trust are really worried AB is going to do something to hurt himself/ end his life. I certainly don’t want to see that.

We had a rash of dudes kill themselves throughout the valley fire departments before I retired. A military brother/good friend/ and fellow fireman (he’s 2 decades older than me) said, “you know what is causing this? A lack of leadership…”

I think 2nd chances are important, I believe everyone should have an opportunity for redemption, but rules and discipline were put in place for a reason.

I hope former/retired teammates are calling and he is picking up for them.