Antonio Brown

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has officially been released. I could see the Rams claiming him. Is salary is peanuts.

Would you want to claim him just to block other teams. Put him on IR and pay him to not play for someone else?

Of course, the 49ers could claim him too before us.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has officially been released. I could see the Rams claiming him. Is salary is peanuts.

Would you want to claim him just to block other teams. Put him on IR and pay him to not play for someone else?

Nobody is claiming him

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OBJ and AB? Evacuate LA!

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
the problem is hes still pretty good. Someone is going to keep employing him until he shows he is washed...which he isnt yet. The guys had 42 catches for 545 yards and 4 TD's in 7 games.

Im usually not in on every "bring in the next guy to get cut" thread...but I would have problem bringing him in for the rest of the season. I don't think he is as much of a "distraction" as people claim. Either hes out hurt, or he plays and produces. Hes better than all of our WR's not named DHop, who might miss the entire playoff run.

The rams brought in OBJ, and I think they are a better, more dangerous team with him that without.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He has already had ankle surgery per his statement. He is out til next year

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
slightly off topic, but:

i have heard there is a dark side to BAs personality. He wore on some guys -- John Brown as an example.

AB is hardly innocent here - but its a glimpse into BAs style

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the problem is hes still pretty good. Someone is going to keep employing him until he shows he is washed...which he isnt yet. The guys had 42 catches for 545 yards and 4 TD's in 7 games.

Im usually not in on every "bring in the next guy to get cut" thread...but I would have problem bringing him in for the rest of the season. I don't think he is as much of a "distraction" as people claim. Either hes out hurt, or he plays and produces. Hes better than all of our WR's not named DHop, who might miss the entire playoff run.

The rams brought in OBJ, and I think they are a better, more dangerous team with him that without.
OBJ doesn’t offer nowhere near the amount of concerns AB does

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
slightly off topic, but:

i have heard there is a dark side to BAs personality. He wore on some guys -- John Brown as an example.

AB is hardly innocent here - but its a glimpse into BAs style
Hated how BA always threw his players under the bus. That comment he made about Justin Bethel still doesn’t sit right with me.

That’s one I thing I like about Kliff. He’ll never do or say something like that.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hated how BA always threw his players under the bus. That comment he made about Justin Bethel still doesn’t sit right with me.

That’s one I thing I like about Kliff. He’ll never do or say something like that.
Well sometimes players need some busses thrown on them. But it should be only done in extreme circumstances or reasons.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well sometimes players need some busses thrown on them. But it should be only done in extreme circumstances or reasons.
They never do. Under no circumstance you should throw your players under the bus, especially when you never do it to your own coaches. That’s pathetic.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They never do. Under no circumstance you should throw your players under the bus, especially when you never do it to your own coaches. That’s pathetic.
Fake news

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I'm sure blame lies in both parties, as BA is a hard ass on his players, but AB's history as a malcontent and the histrionics that ensued after being told off by BA gives me pause about supporting AB.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I have yet to seen any player respond to BA like AB, or against any organization like AB does... dude has serious issues and there is also that other possible aspect that maybe he's also a selfish prick which also has those issues

BigCardsFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
BA is simply put a real man who wants men on his team.

We honestly desperately need him back to turn some of our players into real men tbh.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bucs officially release Antonio Brown, respond to his statements​

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers announced Thursday that the team officially terminated Antonio Brown's contract.

The announcement came one day after Brown released a statement about his abrupt departure from the team.

On Sunday, he took off his jersey and left the field shirtless.

Brown claims he was cut from the team after telling the coaches he could no longer play on his injured ankle.

"I didn't quit, I was cut. I didn't walk away from my brothers. I was thrown out," Brown said in a statement. "Being fired on the sideline for having a painful injury was bad enough."

The Bucs acknowledged that Brown was treated for an ankle injury, but was cleared to play.

"At no point during the game did he indicate to our medical personnel that he could not play," the team said.

Coach Bruce Arians said Brown complained that he wasn't getting the ball. He said that's when he told him, "Get the F out of here."

According to USA TODAY, the NFL Players Association plans to investigate the circumstancing surrounding Brown's termination.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are also reports that Brown had to be calmed down at half time because he felt he wasn't getting the ball enough.

If that is true I can see why the coaching staff would react with a "YOU'RE DONE" at his refusal to check into the game.

All in all, we know that Brown has mental problems had has lied, repeatedly, about things big and small. I suspect that he is full of **** when it comes to his exchange with the coaches before his tantrum.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson