Suns @ Hornets Sunday game thread 1-2-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how it would work if he were traded. We are the team who declined the option so it is probably only us who are handcuffed in terms of how much we can offer him.

Only the Suns are handcuffed when Stix hits free agency. A team trading for him wouldn't be limited.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if he’s traded his next team could pick up his option?

There is no option. Stix will be a free agent after the season. The other team, if he is traded now, can pay Stix what he wants.

The plus for a trade partner is they can play him now and perhaps have an inside track to keep him if he is happy there.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns play at the Pelicans on Tuesday before returning home to play the Clippers on Thursday.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jalen Smith's stats over the last four games.

He had 19 points , 12 rebounds and 2 blocks tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stix is going to get a full MLE

Stix is going to get paid when the Suns could have been set for the future with another big man on a reasonable contract.

If the Suns had wanted to trade him later on for a PGOTF, he might have well fetched one. Without his rights though it's water over the bridge.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bismack Biyombo talks about coming back to the NBA after the death of his father.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stix is going to get paid when the Suns could have been set for the future with another big man on a reasonable contract.

If the Suns had wanted to trade him later on for a PGOTF, he might have well fetched one. Without his rights though it's water over the bridge.
We have to hope he will give us a cam Payne type discount.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stix is going to get a full MLE
It's going to take more than four games to get that.

If he had been drafted at 15 or so, the Suns probably would have picked up his option. I don't think this was a Sarver decision, I think it was a James Jones decision.

Hindsight. The Suns can still offer him his option. I think that is probably about what he is going to get unless he gets a lot more playing time this year.

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
The Suns will be able to spend up to about $10 million (the mid-level exception) if they choose to. I don't think it'll come to that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns will be able to spend up to about $10 million (the mid-level exception) if they choose to. I don't think it'll come to that.

The Suns are limited to offering Stix $4.7 million next season which was the amount of his option.

I'm not sure if they can offer him more than one season. I'd have to look it up.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was going to go to the game but with all the covid I stayed home. Should have gone up and down game. Everyone needs to stop about Stix he is not worth 5 million a year. maybe if he could hit the three and play the 4...............

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Show them what you can do Stix.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to go to the game but with all the covid I stayed home. Should have gone up and down game. Everyone needs to stop about Stix he is not worth 5 million a year. maybe if he could hit the three and play the 4...............
He's a 21 year old big man, what he's worth is far more a projection of what he can become than a summary of what he currently is. And if he could hit the 3 regularly we'd have a snowball's chance in the middle of a Death Valley summer of keeping him after this season. Right now, as he is, we have a snowball's chance in the middle of a Chino Valley fall of re-signing him.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's a 21 year old big man, what he's worth is far more a projection of what he can become than a summary of what he currently is. And if he could hit the 3 regularly we'd have a snowball's chance in the middle of a Death Valley summer of keeping him after this season. Right now, as he is, we have a snowball's chance in the middle of a Chino Valley fall of re-signing him.
We will see, but I doubt it. If he gets more than his qualifying offer I would be really surprised.