Wk 11-Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks Pre Game Thread 11/15/21-11/20/21

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Going to try the impossible guys. Leaving in the morning to drive to Flagstaff so we can go see the GC. Going to DVR the game, and will try to avoid getting the score until we're back home on Thursday. Usually never works but I always still try. Won't be on the board until late late on turkey day, so Happy Thanksgiving in advance to everyone.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well, I believe KM will play so it is a moot question.

But, I wonder if Colt McCoy has ever started a game in Seattle against Russell Wilson? If so when? How did it turn out?

Just last December....

Hmm awful cardinals teams occasional beat teams in bizarro games. Doesn’t mean anything.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Everything you said yes but from what (no pun intended lol) I read, Watt may be back for our first playoff game if we get the first round bye? He's attacking his rehab hard & is determined to play this season. I mean why would he not? He's at the end of his career & may never get the chance to play in the SB & we have a good chance to get there this year.
If there’s a human being that can do it I believe it is watt. I’m just not sure a human being can actually do it.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If there’s a human being that can do it I believe it is watt. I’m just not sure a human being can actually do it.
I think he will come back, but I also think it will be highly likely that he re-injures it and has to get surgery again in the offseason.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That would be wild if Watt came back for the NFC Championship or Super Bowl and got a sack or two!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When he had the surgery they said 2-3 months, the 9th of January will be 2 months. If we get the number 1 seed & the bye it will give him another week as well. I read that he's already doing weight training, now, that could be just lower body but I'm no physical therapist so Idk really. Time will tell. I think he sees the potential for a SB with this team & that will drive him even harder to come back. Just one man's opinion though lol.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
When he had the surgery they said 2-3 months, the 9th of January will be 2 months. If we get the number 1 seed & the bye it will give him another week as well. I read that he's already doing weight training, now, that could be just lower body but I'm no physical therapist so Idk really. Time will tell. I think he sees the potential for a SB with this team & that will drive him even harder to come back. Just one man's opinion though lol.

It’s not about him returning it’s about him being effective.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I get that but I'm sure he would only return if he could be effective. One thing he does well that just absolutely changes pass patterns is batting down balls at the los. Drive killers & it drives OC's nuts. We could use him if nothing else for that possibility on passing downs. Just saying.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every single time I see Kyler under center I love it, then they go away from it & I just don't understand why?

I'm guessing it's as simple as this.

Kyler played his whole life from shotgun. His shotgun snaps probably outnumber under center snaps by 1000 to 1.

I'm guessing he's just not very comfortable in it. Especially having his back to the play under play action.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing is certain, Hop has gotten quite soft. Still remember Boldin pulled his hammy pretty bad in the 2008 playoffs & only missed 1 game. Wait until the NFL goes to an 18 games schedule. Guys like Hopkins will intentionally miss 3-5 games per season.

I think this is more the team than Hopkins. We already know Nuk was putting himself back in the game vs GB.

I think this is the team wanting him 100% for later rather than extending the issue.

The week 12 bye hasn't helped. I think a large part of the thinking has been for the last few weeks just to get to the bye and heal up. I think if our bye came in week 6 we would have seen a different approach.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's as simple as this.

Kyler played his whole life from shotgun. His shotgun snaps probably outnumber under center snaps by 1000 to 1.

I'm guessing he's just not very comfortable in it. Especially having his back to the play under play action.
I keep reading that he may not be comfortable being under center? Yes he has been in shotgun his whole life. I think he can be so much more dangerous under center, so many more possibilities a defense has to consider when he is. Bootleg rollout, play action, will he run.........? Only one way to learn but unless KK makes him do it......?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals at Seahawks

WR DeAndre Hopkins (hamstring) remains out for the Cardinals, but QB Kyler Murray (ankle) is listed as questionable after a week of practice. G Justin Pugh (calf), LB Tanner Vallejo (knee), and RB Jonathan Ward (concussion) are also out. S Budda Baker (heel), C Max Garcia (Achilles), QB Colt McCoy (pectoral), DT Corey Peters (shoulder), and S James Wiggins (knee) drew questionable tags.

We learned on Friday that the Seahawks won’t have RB Chris Carson (neck) on Sunday or at any other point in the 2021 season. S Jamal Adams (groin), LB Cody Barton (quadricep), DE Kerry Hyder (calf), T Jamarco Jones (back), and CB D.J. Reed (groin, knee) are listed as questionable.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cardinals at Seahawks

WR DeAndre Hopkins (hamstring) remains out for the Cardinals, but QB Kyler Murray (ankle) is listed as questionable after a week of practice. G Justin Pugh (calf), LB Tanner Vallejo (knee), and RB Jonathan Ward (concussion) are also out. S Budda Baker (heel), C Max Garcia (Achilles), QB Colt McCoy (pectoral), DT Corey Peters (shoulder), and S James Wiggins (knee) drew questionable tags.

We learned on Friday that the Seahawks won’t have RB Chris Carson (neck) on Sunday or at any other point in the 2021 season. S Jamal Adams (groin), LB Cody Barton (quadricep), DE Kerry Hyder (calf), T Jamarco Jones (back), and CB D.J. Reed (groin, knee) are listed as questionable.
We need to pray that Murray plays. If you thought McCoy had a noodle arm when healthy, a pectoral injury will bring back memories of Matt Flynn or Christian Ponder.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I keep reading that he may not be comfortable being under center? Yes he has been in shotgun his whole life. I think he can be so much more dangerous under center, so many more possibilities a defense has to consider when he is. Bootleg rollout, play action, will he run.........? Only one way to learn but unless KK makes him do it......?

I agree, it should be a bigger part of the offense.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we can trust JJ Watt, at this point in his career, to not return if he can't play at a high level. The last thing he will want to do is hurt the team and embarrass himself.

I am not JJ Watt, but I do know how much of a bitch it is to rehab shoulder surgery. It was much harder and more painful than the hip.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we can trust JJ Watt, at this point in his career, to not return if he can't play at a high level. The last thing he will want to do is hurt the team and embarrass himself.

I am not JJ Watt, but I do know how much of a bitch it is to rehab shoulder surgery. It was much harder and more painful than the hip.
I’ve needed surgery for a torn labrum for almost 3 years now. Been told by several to just bear with it if I can put it off. They said the rehab and pain for shoulders is excruciating. I’ve never been under knife before and decided I’m in no hurry…. Ya I’m a puss :)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve needed surgery for a torn labrum for almost 3 years now. Been told by several to just bear with it if I can put it off. They said the rehab and pain for shoulders is excruciating. I’ve never been under knife before and decided I’m in no hurry…. Ya I’m a puss :)
Absolutely the right choice. I could have my other shoulder replaced if I wanted too. It is bad. However, the arm is still usable and as long as it is I am not getting surgery.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Our father the orthopedic surgeon has always been of the philosophy, if you don’t have to cut, do not cut.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard