Wk 10-Carolina Panthers @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread 11/8-11/13, 2021

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And with backup QBs getting their first ever start with Kyle Allen a couple years ago who we made look like an All-Pro.
I'd love to see someone do a deep dive on the Cardinals vs. backup QBs and backup unknown RBs. Confirm whether our belief is true vs. whether it's #fakenews.

It does seem to be true, but in some of those instances, the Cardinals are really facing the back up QB effect. Back ups tend to come in and play well for a game or two and then struggle mightily after that. That's why I want McCoy off the field as quick as possible because we might see the real McCoy very soon :p

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see someone do a deep dive on the Cardinals vs. backup QBs and backup unknown RBs. Confirm whether our belief is true vs. whether it's #fakenews.

It does seem to be true, but in some of those instances, the Cardinals are really facing the back up QB effect. Back ups tend to come in and play well for a game or two and then struggle mightily after that. That's why I want McCoy off the field as quick as possible because we might see the real McCoy very soon :p

Same on the real McCoy. Dude just played not only the game of his life, but statistically one of the QB games in franchise history. That obviously won’t be repeated.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That’s all good news. Can’t lose the layups if you want HFA and if there was ever a team forced to attack our rushing D, our biggest weakness, it’s this Carolina squad with a back up QB and getting McAffery back.

Last edited:

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
Rondale started well, but teams know he's going to be the target of a WR Screen every time he is on the field now and they have been squatting on those plays, limiting his effectiveness.

He also looks like he is hitting the proverbial rookie wall right now.

I think Kliff needs to run him deep a few times and start making teams pay for squatting on the suspected screens a few times. A few 40+ yard plays will make teams back off a bit.
Agreed. But teams sitting on that screen (and the danger of Rondale’s speed) is opening up a lot of other options.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Panthers’ defense also getting overrated a bit.

Look at the offenses they played against & tell me what was a real standout performance? Saints where they were missing a lot of players & coaches due to COVID(hell they’re still limited offensively with them healthy).

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Reddick is gonna be a demon this Sunday. Wondering if Burns will be able to suit up though.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I dont care that they've played some bad QBs. This is the best defense we'll have played on the year imo. It will certainly be the fastest.

I hope Hopkins hamstring doesnt linger throughout the season.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I expect cam will get a go, at some point, yes different system and all, especially if mcaffrey is back to help guide the backfield. He is their best option, although I haven’t seen Barkley in a minute. But he is new also. Walker will start - but things should go down hill quick, unless cards self destruct. Which they don’t as much this year.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I expect cam will get a go, at some point, yes different system and all, especially if mcaffrey is back to help guide the backfield. He is their best option, although I haven’t seen Barkley in a minute. But he is new also. Walker will start - but things should go down hill quick, unless cards self destruct. Which they don’t as much this year.
Probably got enough time to teach him the no huddle/2 minute offense.

Maybe they do a Leinart/Warner type of situation. Still I'd be surprised to see him get more than a couple plays at most.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Panthers’ defense also getting overrated a bit.

Look at the offenses they played against & tell me what was a real standout performance? Saints where they were missing a lot of players & coaches due to COVID(hell they’re still limited offensively with them healthy).

Yes said same thing. In recent weeks vs Patriots, Giants, Vikings, Falcons, Cowboys and Eagles they have averaged 25.5 points a game. And most of those teams are hardly high scoring.

They blitz a lot and this offense has been great against the blitz.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave