Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What? When did Steve do that? Do you have an example? I don't remember ever reading Steve doing that. I remember him only attacking Amin, but I'm not sure what that has to do with Woj.

He's twisting it but what he said isn't wholly incorrect. I did question Wojs sources on something because I have seen him take Amin's nonsense and run with it. Also, as a long time follower of Woj, I'm well aware that he frequently interjects his own opinion into a story, sometimes without making that clear.

No one is better at getting the scoop than he is but I suspect he owes and pays off favors for those scoops by slanting opinion pieces at times. Like every reporter.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He's twisting it but what he said isn't wholly incorrect. I did question Wojs sources on something because I have seen him take Amin's nonsense and run with it. Also, as a long time follower of Woj, I'm well aware that he frequently interjects his own opinion into a story, sometimes without making that clear.

No one is better at getting the scoop than he is but I suspect he owes and pays off favors for those scoops by slanting opinion pieces at times. Like every reporter.
Ah ok, my bad. Sorry for trying to support you. ;)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will blanket apologize to people I offended who I believe defended Sarver in the past. Didn't mean to totally derail this conversation.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why didn’t it run after the season?
Might be that the "accuser(s)" were trying to solidify their evidence and release it when it became irrefutable / bulletproof?

I just think it's pretty damning that the org came out and refuted the story even before anything has been published... *grabs popcorn

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Why didn’t it run after the season?
That is a very interesting question. If they were going to run it, would they have run it by the NBA? I would think if they did (and I wouldn't put it past ESPN to run it by them) the NBA would much rather it be ran after the season then a few days after the new one starts.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might be that the "accuser(s)" were trying to solidify their evidence and release it when it became irrefutable / bulletproof?

I just think it's pretty damning that the org came out and refuted the story even before anything has been published... *grabs popcorn

same thinking on both. they've got to know what's coming. or at least have an inkling.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Nothing is published, but it was all over twitter. It was out there so much that the Suns had no choice but to release a statement. Sarver's ego would never allow something like this to go around without addressing it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Someone already put some of the story out there.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
98.7 had Sarver on a few days back, obviously they did not know this story was circulating out there.....

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes, I meant that the actual accusation of whatever is going to drop to the public has not been published yet. We saw the tweet an hour ago that something is brewing and the Suns responded.

I understand there's marketing spin by getting in front of it, but it's pretty damning if you're refuting something that nobody (aside from the close NBA circle) knows about

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone already put some of the story out there.

i'm starting to wonder if it's really that much of a smoking gun? the gruden thing just DROPPED. there was no hype for it beforehand... and usually isn't for stories like these because whoever's written them don't want the person the story is about to get ahead of it like the Suns just did.

bombshell stories usually just explode... you don't see someone lighting the wick as everyone watches with baited breath until it goes boom.

maybe this is kinda a little ado about nothing?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i'm starting to wonder if it's really that much of a smoking gun? the gruden thing just DROPPED. there was no hype for it beforehand... and usually isn't for stories like these because whoever's written them don't want the person the story is about to get ahead of it like the Suns just did.

bombshell stories usually just explode... you don't see someone lighting the wick as everyone watches with baited breath until it goes boom.

It could be much ado about nothing but with Gruden it didn't explode. A small portion of it came out, he seemed to wriggle his way out of it, then the next week the whole story dropped and he was toast.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Chris Paul w/ both LA and AZ organizations as this kind issue went down He must in disbelief.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I really don't know. I'm a facts sort of person first and I weigh the credibility of sources, content and evidence.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

This is my worst fear on the subject. We get all the negatives with the bad press and negative perceptions, without the positive outcome of Sarver being forced to sell. In fact, if the NBA doesn’t force Sarver to sell, this may harden his resolve to not sell for for even longer than he may have been considering since he won’t want any perception in the future that he was “quietly forced out”.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am ANYTHING other than a Sarver defender but if this isn't true? There is irreparable damage. Once you put something out there that even has a slight chance or hint of truth? Sarver is stuck with it forever. When you bring up sexual harassments or racism? Someone will always believe it.

This might be Sarver's death bed owning the Suns no matter what. I would think Sarver wouldn't want to impact the players or the organization. He will lose out on FA opportunities, trade opportunities, advertising opportunities and fan revenue opportunities no matter what IMO. It would have to be an ironclad exoneration.

Outside of an ironclad exoneration, I am predicting Sarver is gone after the dust settles.

P.S. They are now saying the story won't drop until next week?!!?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is my worst fear on the subject. We get all the negatives with the bad press and negative perceptions, without the positive outcome of Sarver being forced to sell. In fact, if the NBA doesn’t force Sarver to sell, this may harden his resolve to not sell for for even longer than he may have been considering since he won’t want any perception in the future that he was “quietly forced out”.

And the story still hasn’t dropped. This one is starting to feel pretty weird.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Some conspiracy theories out there that the Suns themselves leaked this so they could preemptively deny it.