Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if Arte Moreno is a Suns fan. I used to see him at Hillstone on Camelback quite often. While the Angels haven't thrived under him it certainly hasn't been because of a lack of commitment or effort by the top brass.

He certainly has the cash.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
man... you know what will be truly terrible? If there's a ton of allegations, but not something that truly forces him out like the Sterling audio which was the smoking gun. That would be AWFUL.
That’s my fear. Makes team a last destination in the league but gets to remain.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I wonder if Arte Moreno is a Suns fan. I used to see him at Hillstone on Camelback quite often. While the Angels haven't thrived under him it certainly hasn't been because of a lack of commitment or effort by the top brass.

He certainly has the cash.
Wasn't he at one point in the running to be the owner of one of the Valley teams?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was just thinking the Sixers organization is going: "Thank god the Sarver news is taking away from the Ben Simmons news."

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sterling part 2.

The sad part is we kind of have to HOPE that's what it is at this point. allegations are just going to sully the franchise and that arrogant jerk ain't gonna go without a fight. now, if there's ACTUAL hard evidence like Sterling, the NBA could boot his ass. and for me, if the allegations are legit without "hard evidence" I'll be screaming for him to sell anyway, but I bet the owners won't.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. I didn’t remember it being such a quick process.

I think he rattled his saber for a bit, threatening to sue the league, but it wouldn't have done anything but win him some money in damages, if the league bans you then you're banned.

If the scandal is real bad with Sarver then I think he will probably just run and hide, I think he'd want to get his laundry out of public view as quick as possible.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This story had to be brewing with the knowledge of the team with all those people interviewed.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wasn't he at one point in the running to be the owner of one of the Valley teams?

Yeah, he tried to buy the Dbacks, but I don't think Colangelo was ready to sell yet, then not long later the Dbacks investors forced Jerry out but Arte had already bought the angels.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how many pages is this thread going to reach before we actually find out ANY actual information? I'll put the over/under at 17.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Look at Chris Paul's history when he left all his teams and how the owners/GMs left after he left. Point GOD indeed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Gambadoro said a statement from Phoenix Suns would be forthcoming.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
how many pages is this thread going to reach before we actually find out ANY actual information? I'll put the over/under at 17.
I will go waaaaay over. This will dominate ESPN's coverage tonight and I doubt the League will issue anything more than a brief press release until monday.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Suns doubling down on the denials:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest, if Sarver and the Suns go full on FAKE NEWS for a story that has legit sources, I will stop rooting for them until he's gone. I just can not support a team who's owner is an outed racist/sexist/sexual harraser.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phoenix Suns release statement.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the Suns are going scorched earth on this reporting. what the hell is coming?!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll be honest, if Sarver and the Suns go full on FAKE NEWS for a story that has legit sources, I will stop rooting for them until he's gone. I just can not support a team who's owner is an outed racist/sexist/sexual harraser.
What makes you so positive it is not fake news? Do you just automatically believe everything that is reported - that would be pretty stupid considering the amount of news published in recent years that was proved to be 100% fake.

Not saying it is fake, just saying jumping to conclusions at this point is dumb.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson