Cardinals @ Jaguars postgame thread

Reaction score
In the bad old days, almost every Cards team I can remember would've folded at 19-10 and that interception. I don't care who we were playing. Instead this team got a stop, and then BAM..... we have a TD drive following the INT and defense outscores the Jags offense 7-0.

At LEAST these guys have some fight and character in the face of adversity.
Fudge Yeah AJ!

Btw, I love your avatar. One of my favorite bands.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yeah, well we will skip all kind of beats if we use him against Aaron Donald.

I for one am terrified of that matchup.
Rodney Hudson will be helping to whatever side Donald is lined up on unless they put SJD right on top of him. If that is the case, look for the Cardinals to run right at Donald and pull a backside lineman to handle the OLB. The scary one will be if the move him over Josh Jones. Expect a lot of Maxx if that happens. This is where Hudson will earn his money either helping or handling a good NT one on one.

Cole never managed to do that vs the Rams.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
random rant:

and this is across the NFL -- why cant they teach the "pick" receiver to at least look like they are trying to run a route?

if Maxx squares in and faces the QB looking like he wants a pass, i dont think he gets a flag
I thought that's EXACTLY what he did?!

...dave

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I watched some of the All 22. It's really something the NFL should make available to everyone because I don;t think anyone can really judge a game until you can see it all.

There were a bunch of times we had guys open downfield and Kyler took the quick underneath throw. Has great as he has been his biggest weakness is lack of patience in a clean pocket. There have been several throws where we got 6 to Edmonds but there was 25 available to Kirk or Moore but just doesn't go through his reads or look their direction.

After watching it back I'm a little less critical of Kliff. I can see why he was frustrated and why some that led to some of the decisions he made, even though it shouldn't. Not including the FG try of course.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched some of the All 22. It's really something the NFL should make available to everyone because I don;t think anyone can really judge a game until you can see it all.

There were a bunch of times we had guys open downfield and Kyler took the quick underneath throw. Has great as he has been his biggest weakness is lack of patience in a clean pocket. There have been several throws where we got 6 to Edmonds but there was 25 available to Kirk or Moore but just doesn't go through his reads or look their direction.

After watching it back I'm a little less critical of Kliff. I can see why he was frustrated and why some that led to some of the decisions he made, even though it shouldn't. Not including the FG try of course.
If you have the time you should post some screen shots at times so we all can see?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here's Kyler's INT. Really not sure what he's thinking here unless he someone didn't see the deep safety.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I think you hit the nail on the head. Kyler still is learning when to hold the ball in the pocket because he protection is there and he can get a chunk play and when to get rid of it quick because the protection is not there. I would postulate that this is because Kyler is still learning how to identify the defense pre-snap and then confirm post snap to deliver the ball to the player who will open up vs that coverage. He is just not at that mental level yet.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Here's Kyler's INT. Really not sure what he's thinking here unless he someone didn't see the deep safety.

This frustrated me because the two-high S look was clear from the get go. Even if he was looking at trying to get the WR behind the opposite S who is keying on Hopkins, the WR does not have that leverage. I said it another thread but he either didn't see it or didn't care and neither are ok.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

Brit: curious if Cards receiver who is at the 30 (rondale?) comes across and settles between hashes, or, if its a dig where he is at

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson