OT: Jaguars trade for Mac Jones

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's a 6th round pick for a 3 year starter that was pick 13 that will cost $2.7m.

Very smart move.

Not one for us because Jones is too different to Kyler.
Agreed. Still, they got him for less then we got Dobbs for, and will have a full offseason program to bring him up to speed. It's a damn good trade for them.

He'll have more weapons there and will likely get a chance to play since Lawrence gets nicked pretty often. Which is also why it's such a damn good trade for them.

Pats likely QB at 3, but let's hope they don't trade back a few spots because the we're sweating.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Agreed. Still, they got him for less then we got Dobbs for, and will have a full offseason program to bring him up to speed. It's a damn good trade for them.

He'll have more weapons there and will likely get a chance to play since Lawrence gets nicked pretty often. Which is also why it's such a damn good trade for them.

Pats likely QB at 3, but let's hope they don't trade back a few spots because the we're sweating.
Still could sign Baker Mayfield. If so, they trade down or take MHJ

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The book isn't closed on Mac Jones. There are numerous examples of QBs that can play well in a system, with good receivers, who struggle with bad o coordinators and lesser talent.

It's actually a bit crazy that anyone thought he would succeed last year with the crap they were running out there.

Plus he's from Jacksonville. Grew up a Jags fan. And Pederson is great with QB's.

A year there will rebuild him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Pats trading back is better for us, because 100% anyone trading up is for QB.

The only real danger to us is if the Pats LOVE MHJ so much they turn down a bunch of trade capital to get him, which is extremely unlikely.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Plus he's from Jacksonville. Grew up a Jags fan. And Pederson is great with QB's.

A year there will rebuild him.
Two things:
1. While I root for Mac Jones, I think you should add the word MIGHT in talking about a rebuild.
2. Reference to Pederson being great with QB's, and I'm not disputing that, but at this stage of his career I thought that Lawrence would be further along.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two things:
1. While I root for Mac Jones, I think you should add the word MIGHT in talking about a rebuild.
2. Reference to Pederson being great with QB's, and I'm not disputing that, but at this stage of his career I thought that Lawrence would be further along.

The Urban Meyer effect