Suns @ Bucks Sunday Finals game thread 7-11-2021 - Game 3

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Actually... NO. I mean, you’re really making yourself look even more foolish than usual.

Saric didn’t play in the first game we beat them this season. We beat them with freaking FRANK starting. And we beat them in Game 1 of this series where he played 2 minutes before tearing his ACL. And then we didn’t have him AGAIN in Game 2 where we won.

Three of the four games Saric didn’t play when we were 4-0 previous to tonight.

what’s the next thing you’re going to hang your hysteria hat

As for Giannis, even with his big numbers in the first two games, this was the first game where he showed zero hesitancy with his knee. He’s clearly 100% and more importantly, the knee is not in his head…
My point(s) stand… Monty has a massive problem without Dario. Now you can take that, multiply by a gazillion and twist it into something I’m not saying… as you usually do.
But from my vantage point, the Bucks have some things figured out. Middleton and Holiday are back. Monty is gonna need his bigtime players to play flawlessly in Game 4. And he’ll now have to somehow design a way to keep Ayton out of foul trouble.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like Devin Booker sitting was more than rest.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
LOL… you don’t like my opinions Cheese. I’m heartbroken.
Anyway, we aren’t playing a Kawhi-less Clipper or a Murray-less Nuggets, or even a Laker team with a half of an AD.
Monty has a mountain to climb in terms of coming up with adjustments that can tilt this back in the favor of the Suns.
Please don't do this. I hear this garbage used all the time to discredit the Suns. Please don't bring this crap here.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s a real shame Ayton didn’t get to play the second half. He was so good. 2 or 3 of those fouls were garbage.

Weird game by Booker. Don’t know why he took so many contested 3s. His effort on defense wasn’t very good. Reminded me of Ayton in game 2.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty talks about foul discrepancy.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
As for Giannis, even with his big numbers in the first two games, this was the first game where he showed zero hesitancy with his knee. He’s clearly 100% and more importantly, the knee is not in his head…
My point(s) stand… Monty has a massive problem without Dario. Now you can take that, multiply by a gazillion and twist it into something I’m not saying… as you usually do.
But from my vantage point, the Bucks have some things figured out. Middleton and Holiday are back. Monty is gonna need his bigtime players to play flawlessly in Game 4. And he’ll now have to somehow design a way to keep Ayton out of foul trouble.

Relax. "Middleton and Holiday are back." They are always inconsistent. I'm not sure what you mean by back when they are known to disappear in games. The Suns lost because they missed a bunch of open 3's and shots that they have made in most games in these playoffs. The Bucks didn't really stop the Suns tonight. The Suns shot themselves out of the game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard for Ayton not to commit fouls with players running into him.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Please don't do this. I hear this garbage used all the time to discredit the Suns. Please don't bring this crap here.
It’s not crap. Just making my point that adjusting to this loss will be more difficult than at any other time during this post season.
No need to have such thin skin man…

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Relax. "Middleton and Holiday are back." They are always inconsistent. I'm not sure what you mean by back when they are known to disappear in games. The Suns lost because they missed a bunch of open 3's and shots that they have made in most games in these playoffs. The Bucks didn't really stop the Suns tonight. The Suns shot themselves out of the game.
Hope you’re right…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yeah. You’re wrong again. Giannis showed zero hesitancy last game. And guess what? Giannis averaged 40 ppg against us in the regular season too. We won both games. One without Saric. Also won when he had a 40 point game without Saric in Game 2. Also, Giannis shot 80% from the line. 20% better than he normally does.

the Bucks just played as well as they could and we played our worst game in over a month. You can wet your bed and pull the covers up over your head but you’ll be undervaluing the Suns... just like you have all season and ever since they traded for CP3.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol the art of complaining without complaining.
It's passive aggressive and it's weak. IMO . As much as I couldn't stand the Spurs...thats what I loved about Pop. He just brushed that type of question off and didn't use it as fuel to make excuses for the loss.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dario hasn’t been a critical contributor for most of the games. He is not the reason the Suns lost. The Suns have won 6 of 7 of the last games against the Bucks. It’s way to early to say they have figured out anything just yet. The Suns defense was non-existent and Booker had an aweful game.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You’re right. It’s also on Bridges and Paul who was a ball stopper tonight.

blaming the refs in a game where we played like crap is just as weak as Booker not showing up at all tonight.

CP3 for me.
2nd quarter. We had the lead, he just slowed the game so much and he had like 3 bad possessions in a row. The ball just completely didn’t move. It’s like he wanted to be the hero tonight.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
yeah. You’re wrong again. Giannis showed zero hesitancy last game. And guess what? Giannis averaged 40 ppg against us in the regular season too. We won both games. One without Saric. Also won when he had a 40 point game without Saric in Game 2. Also, Giannis shot 80% from the line. 20% better than he normally does.

the Bucks just played as well as they could and we played our worst game in over a month. You can wet your bed and pull the covers up over your head but you’ll be undervaluing the Suns... just like you have all season and ever since they traded for CP3.
I don’t care what took place in the reg season.
I am a Suns fan and will cheer and hope they pull out a win Wednesday night.
I can’t wait to see you twist this post into some form of absurdity! LOL!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t care what took place in the reg season.
I am a Suns fan and will cheer and hope they pull out a win Wednesday night.
I can’t wait to see you twist this post into some form of absurdity! LOL!

You may not care but it’s super important for the Suns mental wise. If you don’t think Monty is going to bring that up and use the tape that’s crazy.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It sounds like Devin Booker sitting was more than rest.

thank you

for all the people trying to excuse him tonight. He played lazy af. I fully expect him to come out guns blazing

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not to concerned I don’t think the Bucks did anything new or something we haven’t seen we just played lazy a lot of standing around tonight no hustle at all

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Dario hasn’t been a critical contributor for most of the games. He is not the reason the Suns lost. The Suns have won 6 of 7 of the last games against the Bucks. It’s way to early to say they have figured out anything just yet. The Suns defense was non-existent and Booker had an aweful game.
Not saying he is the reason we lost. What I’m trying to say - clearly ineffectively - is that the task ahead for Monty is made significantly more challenging because Dario is gone.
The Bucks were flawless tonight in executing their plan of being crazy aggressive, with Giannis driving to the lane all game. They finally got DA into foul trouble. And with DA on the bench, the Suns had no answers… And when Portis was on the floor with Giannis, Dario’s absence was amplified.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CP3 for me.
2nd quarter. We had the lead, he just slowed the game so much and he had like 3 bad possessions in a row. The ball just completely didn’t move. It’s like he wanted to be the hero tonight.

I don't normally get that feeling about Paul but I felt that tonight. Just a bad game from our key contributors. Paul, Booker, and Ayton.

Before anyone complains about me saying Ayton had a bad game, he did, I don't care about his stats. His fouls were legit fouls. He knew he needed to stay out of foul trouble but didn't. Its fine, it happens. Its not a big problem unless its repeated. His hands also sucked tonight after the first quarter.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
You may not care but it’s super important for the Suns mental wise. If you don’t think Monty is going to bring that up and use the tape that’s crazy.
If I were Monty, I’d bring it up and use the tape!
But I’m not Monty and my job isn’t to ensure the Suns are mentally right…

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson