Clippers @ Suns Monday WCF game thread 6-28-2021 - Game 5

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
16 million isn’t a lot in the NBA that’s pretty much role player money and Boogie is nowhere near the player he was before the injuries they picked him up off the scrap heap and Reggie Jackson is quality but let’s not act like he’s a star

come on dude.
I'm not saying they are great. However, in terms of TALENT. Those guys are far capable of having big nights. Just so happened to happen on the same night. Morris was due a big game, Reggie has killed it all playoffs and Boogie is effective in limited mins.

Sunstroke

Veteran
Reaction score
everyone but Book sucked tonight. And Book only looked good in moments.
No wonder CP3 has trouble with closing out series

Completely out coached tonight.
Well ... he's usually not on the active roster when it comes to Confrence final series'
This was a horrible game but why does half this board think we are the ones down 3-1?
Where should we start? 1st quarter, Booker was destroyed, wrecked by Marquis Morris. Booker was late on switches @ the perimeter which
allowed for a huge 1st quarter run for LA. Ayton stood around and watched like it was a game in November. Bridges useless aside from one steal?
Crowder has stunk since game 1 of this series.

Paul George is the best player on either roster no matter how this series ends.
Go Suns!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I am sorry but this is on Monty. If not for the ally oop in Game 2? This series is tied 2-2. The Suns offense has not looked great 3 games running.

Monty can’t figure out their zone. He didn’t prepare them for small ball. He can’t get Ayton the ball. When Crowder or Bridges touches the ball the offense freezes. He has he 3 games to figure this out.

Lue looks brilliant right now.

Naw… Monty is riding with CP3, for better or worse, period.
Chris Paul is the guy who is supposed to be leading the offense. Instead, he is the biggest reason why our offense has hit the skids since his return.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If this goes 7 I may crumble in to a heap of melted flesh. That was a bunch of disorganized kids out there tonight. Pace was a problem.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I am sorry but this is on Monty. If not for the ally oop in Game 2? This series is tied 2-2. The Suns offense has not looked great 3 games running.

Monty can’t figure out their zone. He didn’t prepare them for small ball. He can’t get Ayton the ball. When Crowder or Bridges touches the ball the offense freezes. He has he 3 games to figure this out.

Lue looks brilliant right now.
I love Monty as a coach but I agree.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The way to break a zone is to get in the middle and hit the mid range and your 3 point shooters have to hit 3s they are flat out daring us to shoot and we can’t buy a bucket

3pt
Crowder 0/4
Paul 0/6
Bridges 1/2
Saric 0/2

If you know basketball you know not hitting shots is death against a zone. There going to keep playing it until we prove we can hit shots until then they’ll crowd Ayton down low and dare us to hit shots

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
By the way the suns made it to the conference finals and kicked the lakers asses. Who expected that? Be happy!

I’m content.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not saying they are great. However, in terms of TALENT. Those guys are far capable of having big nights. Just so happened to happen on the same night. Morris was due a big game, Reggie has killed it all playoffs and Boogie is effective in limited mins.

of course there capable of having big nights. Role players producing is the difference between winning and losing

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

of course there capable of having big nights. Role players producing is the difference between winning and losing

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul is the guy who is supposed to be leading the offense. Instead, he is the biggest reason why our offense has hit the skids since his return.
Our offense has been wonky the entire series IMO but maybe it's more of the defense we're playing against. Every game we won has been hard fought and barely taken. Between booker running the pg and now, it's been flat

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

he has not played great, but it is mostly because Lou has changed their defense to not give him his elbow jumper.

since that is 70 percent of his normal shots, that is a big problem.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s fair to compare Monty to Pringles but his inability to make adjustments feels familiar. He has had 3 games to figure out this damn zone. Couple that with skimming out two wins we have legit reasons to worry.

Going to call it now. If the Suns don’t win game 6 the Suns are in deep trouble.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why wasn’t Craig in the game earlier on PG.

Just head scratching

Monty tends to stick with certain players too long. They play their way into the rotation and then they play their way out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Haven’t seen this kind of the end of the world meltdown from you since the Lakers series welcome back
I love when we lose you always come looking to me for a fight. Like clockwork. Keep lying.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I worry that Monty has that coaching blind spot where "what worked before, always works." No matter what.

That has been a longstanding killer with Suns coaches in the post-season. I would hate to see it sink us again, with the possibility of a championship so close... yet again.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not going to happen.

I swear I don’t think most of you watched the regular season games.

Ayton blows when you tried to feed him in the post. First off it’s 50/50 he actually can catch it, and if he does unles he is 3 feet from the basket you get a bad shot attempt.

that is what has to be worked on over the summer and during next regular season. It is not happening now.

totally agree.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I would only be mildly surprised if we lose this series. Maybe once during this series has Phoenix looked like the superior team; whereas, countless times, the Clippers has looked like the team that should be ahead of this series. A few breaks here and there and the Clippers win the series tonight. I don’t know how Phoenix will respond Wednesday, but the floor leader of this team has choked a 3-1 advantage and the rest of the team is still very young.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not going to happen.

I swear I don’t think most of you watched the regular season games.

Ayton blows when you tried to feed him in the post. First off it’s 50/50 he actually can catch it, and if he does unles he is 3 feet from the basket you get a bad shot attempt.

that is what has to be worked on over the summer and during next regular season. It is not happening now.

I didn't see many Suns games at all until the playoffs. For the most part Ayton has been good but 2 of the last 3 games he's had hugely negative plus minus games. He just didn't hold on to the ball tonight kept getting a hand on it but losing it I think because smaller guys bug him

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92