Booker Question

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Just minor fault. The game was still in question and T could be the difference in a game. Look at least I’m consistent. All season I’ve had problems with a lot of books technicals. I don’t think it helps his cause in a larger sense with refs that he’s viewed as a hot head.

Yes a T could be a problem. But it wasn’t and the way the Suns had been playing it meant nothing in the outcome.

I think the good from the gesture far outweighs the bad that could have been.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes a T could be a problem. But it wasn’t and the way the Suns had been playing it meant nothing in the outcome.

Honestly I think the guys on the team already all know they have each other’s back. I don’t think books hollow gesture changed a thing.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It was probably Bookers most reasonable technical of the entire season. If another player did it, Paul or Crowder, would they be criticized? I'm almost certain Ayton would be applauded for showing that sort of emotion and leadership if he did what Book did.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It was probably Bookers most reasonable technical of the entire season. If another player did it, Paul or Crowder, would they be criticized? I'm almost certain Ayton would be applauded for showing that sort of emotion and leadership if he did what Book did.
That’s fair. But life is about specific facts and circumstances. Would’ve still been frustrated with getting a T at that juncture no matter who it was. But would’ve at least been happy to see Ayton with some balls.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s fair. But life is about specific facts and circumstances. Would’ve still been frustrated with getting a T at that juncture no matter who it was. But would’ve at least been happy to see Ayton with some balls.

Fact is, no punches were thrown so why be angry or hold it against Booker over what could have happened?

No one voiced displeasure with Booker's action at the time this happened. Most couldn't believe he was hit with a technical consisting Jokic charged and pushed him.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
"what if the suns won the coin flip"
and
"what if Paxson missed that 3"
in no way compares to
"what if the Booker v Jokic face-off got out of hand and led to a technical, ejection, or suspension?" -- after he was already ejected from a playoff game and has been getting technicals all year.

as if, risky behavior should only be criticized if something bad comes out of it. here's a comparison. why discourage a friend from driving drunk? just say "good luck. i hope someone doesn't get hurt or you get jailed or get your license suspended"

shame on me for debating trolls

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Fact is, no punches were thrown so why be angry or hold it against Booker over what could have happened?

No one voiced displeasure with Booker's action at the time this happened. Most couldn't believe he was hit with a technical consisting Jokic charged and pushed him.
I’m not “angry,” just think his actions weren’t necessary and at the time ended up being potentially a net negative bc jokic wasn’t issued a T (as I believe he should’ve been). Hindsight is all well and good but at the time it was an opportunity for the nugz to make a close game closer. And as I’ve already said, I’d like book to cultivate a cooler demeanor so refs don’t think he’s a hothead and have a quick trigger on his T’s.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
shame on me for ever debating someone who'd compare "what if Paxson missed that 3" to "what if the Booker v Jokic face-off got out of hand and led to a technical, ejection, or suspension?" -- after he was already ejected a prior playoff game and has been getting technicals all year.

as if, risky behavior should only be discouraged if something bad comes out of it. here's a comparison. should we discourage a friend from driving drunk or just wish them "good luck?"

You're the one who wanted to say what Booker did could have cost us a title. Why not bring up something else that did actually cost us a title?

Now you want to compare this to drunk driving? Makes perfect sense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We really need a) news on CP3 or b) games to restart.

I wasn’t crazy about Booker going tough guy. I think in that moment I said out loud “keep your composure” just due to Suns PTSD. But nothing came of it so I ain’t gonna argue back and forth for pages.

in future, that’s Crowder’s role to get into a guy’s face.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You're the one who wanted to say what Booker did could have cost us a title. Why not bring up something else that did actually cost us a title?

Now you want to compare this to drunk driving? Makes perfect sense.
Wha? Did he actually say that??

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You go ahead and keep dying on that hill.
I love when you keep an argument going but I’m the one “dying on a hill.” Okay chap. It was great for book to get a needless T in a close game bc otherwise none of the suns would’ve known he has their backs.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So much stupid macho BS (and I say BS bc there was never going to be any fight, so getting in Jokic’s face in reality meant ZERO) on this board and in society.

It meant something to the team.

Jokic really did hurt Cam. Intentionally. Mightve been an accident that he hit him in the head, but it wasn't an accident that he hit him. And that was a big swing from a very large man. There was a lot of force behind that.

Booker had to do what he did. An NBA lockerroom is a brotherhood, and there are unwritten rules that you do not let slide when it comes to your brother. Booker could not allow Jokic to lay Cam out like that and not say or do anything. That is incredibly soft. I'm not one for inane displays of testosterone, but I do not like the message sent by Booker walking away right there at all. If someone did that to Cheese with you standing right there, what would you do Ouchie?

Whether Book was actually wanting to fight Jokic is irrelevant. He stood up to a much larger man for Cam. It takes courage to do that, and people follow courage. I hate Book's stupid, mindless techs and frustration fouls, but this was real leadership. And they're a stronger team for it.

Last edited:

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
Honest question, anyone that was against what Booker did actually played in organized sports? My entire life playing football/basketball , if my teammate gets cheapshotted we are having at least a few unpleasant words and it’s in your face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I love when you keep an argument going but I’m the one “dying on a hill.” Okay chap. It was great for book to get a needless T in a close game bc otherwise none of the suns would’ve known he has their backs.
Please. This is such a meaningless argument it borders on nonsensical. You keep crying after the fact all you want there Ouchie.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think some of you arevth

It meant something to the team.

Jokic really did hurt Cam. Intentionally. Mightve been an accident that he hit him in the head, but it wasn't an accident that he hit him. And that was a big swing from a very large man. There was a lot of force behind that.

Booker had to do what he did. An NBA lockerroom is a brotherhood, and there are unwritten rules that you do not let slide when it comes to your brother. Booker could not allow Jokic to lay Cam out like that and not say or do anything. That is incredibly soft. I'm not one for inane displays of testosterone, but I do not like the message sent by Booker walking away right there at all. If someone did that to Cheese with you standing right there, what would you do Ouchie?

Whether Book was actually wanting to fight Jokic is irrelevant. He stood up to a much larger man for Cam. It takes courage to do that, and people follow courage. I hate Book's stupid, mindless techs and frustration fouls, but this was real leadership. And they're a stronger team for it.
He absolutely hurt Payne. But to insinuate he was trying to hurt him is being disingenuous. This is jokic. He’s a big goofy nice guy. Did he mean to foul hard? Yup. But he wasn’t trying to hit Payne in the face and wasn’t trying to hurt him. It was a stupid, even potentially dangerous, play given his size. But he wasn’t attacking Payne.

book could have called him out without rushing over to him and getting nose-to-nose. literally no one has said he should’ve run away (at least I think so - lots of posts from people I ignore).

if someone did that to cheese first he’s literally my brother, second it’s not an NBA game, third it’s not the playoffs. You just can’t compare the situations. They’re just not comparable.

again there was never going to be any fight. If there was book would have just tackled him immediately. By just tough guying in his face and waiting for everyone to pull them apart he proved zero. This is the freaking nba. Literally everyone knows nothing is going to happen. The commentators literally laugh about it in real time whenever it happens. But yeah it was critical. Okay.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Honest question, anyone that was against what Booker did actually played in organized sports? My entire life playing football/basketball , if my teammate gets cheapshotted we are having at least a few unpleasant words and it’s in your face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not much. Only soccer, little league, swim team, basketball, pop Warner, captain of my high school football team, college football, and more intramural football, basketball, softball and adult rec league and beach league football and hoops. So I clearly have no idea what I’m talking about. Particularly having been captain of many of those teams.