Booker Question

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by sinsay, Feb 16, 2021.

1. 1tinsoldier

1tinsoldier Registered

https://ca.nba.com/news/nba-power-r...-players-in-the-nba/akn8i5eq4zs51rbchtyzw3qaz

1. Kawhi Leonard
    2. LeBron James
    3. Kevin Durant
    4. Damian Lillard
    5. Stephen Curry
    6. Chris Paul
    7. Joel Embiid
    8. Kyrie Irving
    9. James Harden
    10. Kyle Lowry
    11. Giannis Antetokounmpo
    12. Luka Doncic
    13. Jimmy Butler
    14. Klay Thompson
    15. Paul George
    16. Nikola Jokic
    17. Victor Oladipo
    18. Bradley Beal
    19. Donovan Mitchell
    20. CJ McCollum
    21. DeMar DeRozan
    22. Lou Williams
    23. Devin Booker
    24. Zach LaVine
    25. Spencer Dinwiddie
    26. Derrick Rose
    27. Fred VanVleet
    28. Trae Young
    29. Jamal Murray
    30. Andrew Wiggins

https://stats.inpredictable.com/nba/ssnPlayerSplit.php

Rank - Effective field goal % Clutch - Clutch2 (crucial)
    3. Chris Paul ----------------- 56% - 40%
    10. Devin Booker -------------- 44% - 22%

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  2. 1tinsoldier

1tinsoldier Registered

just now, seconds to go:
    clippers down 1, drive, fouled, make the free throws.
    portland down 1, miss mid-range jumber at the buzzer

3. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

What point are you trying to make? Your link and rankings are sorted by games played. That doesn't tell how clutch, or unclutch, someone is.

CardsSunsDbacks likes this.
  4. taz02

taz02 Registered

So why is the ball not in Chris Pauls hands in the final seconds?

5. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

You shouldn't edit a post to change its content entirely, especially when its been quoted already and can be seen still.

Your "clutch power rankings" are from the 2019-20 season. So why are you trying to post a big list of players from last season?

Its pretty clear you are cherry picking in an attempt to make Booker look bad. Why else would you erase your previous post without comment and change it to list outdated stats?

6. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

I’d like to see the ball in his hands a hell of a lot more at the end of games than Booker. I mean, let Paul makes plays that can set up Booker for better shots. The hero ball stuff just hasn’t worked all that well throughout his career at the end of games.

the shots I can remember that he hit at the buzzer were a Dallas game where CP3 set him up curling off an Ayton 3 and that turnaround jumper against the Clips that was a bang bang inbound play with only like 2 seconds left, no?

otherwise, I remember this year especially multiple step back 3 attempts which aren’t great shots to win a game.

7. CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks Not So Skeptical

The Clips one was an ISO after a Mika steal, but I do agree that they should mix it up more.

8. 95pro

95pro Registered

Its really predictable. Pack the paint, wait for iso booker, most likely a stepback.

9. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

ah. Even that wasn’t a high percentage shot. It was a pretty incredible make because of degree of difficulty with multiple defenders on him and pressure of the moment, but another in a series of really difficult game winning attempts from him.

10. taz02

taz02 Registered

When I watch the games no one on the court is more under control and in command than CP3. I would rather have booker take the shot in most circumstances but they need to mix it up to lead to better shots.

I believe the rest of the team literally stood still and didn't even move their feet for 4-5 seconds during the last second shot in the Bucks game...Booker was smothered and got lucky with the call....It was an amazing effort by Booker and fun to watch though.

11. 95pro

95pro Registered

They could atleast run some baseline action rather than just standing there going complete iso.

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.
  12. 1tinsoldier

1tinsoldier Registered

i'm sure there are better stats but i don't have the patience to dig more. if anyone thinks Booker's stats are better than depicted, they should have a go at it, but no one does -- because we don't need no stinking stats. we all have eyes

Booker wants the responsibility and no one wants to deny him, but it's NOT in the teams best interest to continue what isn't working. we've waited far too long for a crack at the playoffs than to keep relying on a low percentage shot with a game on the line

and the answer is not to just give the ball to Paul instead. the answer is to stick with sound, fundamental basketball strategies, which he should be a part of, and his teammates too. and in the right situations, still run plays for Booker to get free or create and elevate over a defender like Jordan or Kobe.

i first started liking Chris Paul a couple of years ago after his top-playoff-ranked Rockets were eliminated -- because he rightly complained about the Harden isolation strategies D'antoni relied on. It resulted in his trade.

13. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

You claim our closing strategy isn't working but our record indicates otherwise. That's the stat that matters the most.

14. 1tinsoldier

1tinsoldier Registered

i'll conclude with an answer to the Booker Question...

the Boston game last night was very winnable. just a matter of who cracks first -- them or Booker, and it was Booker.
    3rd quarters are a strain for him, because it's usually when the defense starts wearing him down
    Monty seems to be trying some things -- recently, limiting his minutes in the 4th.
    this time it was leaving him on the floor twice to see if he could play through his foul trouble.
    he failed both times and fouled out.

and the team rallied both times when Booker was out

K-Ray pointed out that "last year when Booker scored less than 20 points the Suns were 1 and 13. This year when he's less than 20 they're 10 and 2."

many times, Booker is the main reason we win games, but too many times, he's the main reason we lost
    it's never missed shots that bug me with a player. it's mental mistakes (which should be correctable with coaching and experience)

it gets back to Monty saying he "wants to take on the world every single play."
    that, and a 24 year old being paid mega-millions to lead an NBA team,
    and to "be like Mike" and be like Koby, is a massive load.

he usually looks annoyed during games and i think it creates a negative vibe with the team and on his own performance

i think Booker should be on some mild meds (chewable?) to lighten his head.
    seriously

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  15. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

You say the Boston game was a matter of who breaks first, Booker or Boston but you also complain that Booker tries putting this team on his back too often. That seems pretty contradictary.

What highlights your ridiculous views on Booker better than anything else is suggesting he be medicated. Like wtf? That's one of the most absurd things I've ever read on this board.