What are you watching?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran out of the programs I normally view so I started watching "The Food That Built America."

It's surprisingly good. Last night, I was watching the history of the competition between McDonald's and Burger King.

Previously I had watched the competition between Campbell Soup Company and Heinz.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished Wynonna Earp. Hella cheesy as I mentioned previously, but I loved the characters and really actually enjoyed the whole series as a whole.

Next show I am dipping my toes in is DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. I historically haven’t been interested in most shows on the CW but this one peaked my interest, so I’m gonna give it a go.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Mare of Easttown

It has been awhile since we have gotten hooked so hard on a show. Kate Winslet, all the acting really, is a joy to watch.

Two episodes to go.

I found it good but not great. I'm probably judging it a little too harshly because there are some True Detective vibes. They are also wildly inconsistent with the accents. Some really good writing and acting, though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mare of Easttown

It has been awhile since we have gotten hooked so hard on a show. Kate Winslet, all the acting really, is a joy to watch.

Two episodes to go.

one of the best limited "dead girl" series ever. Writing, acting, pacing, plot twists and weaving of universal theme done to perfection, IMO. There was only ONE moment where I thought OH COME ON! And it didn't even have to do with the murder mystery.

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mare of Easttown

Two episodes to go.
All I want to drink now is Rolling Rock and Yuengling slicing fruits on my tablet.

OP
OP
Town Drunk

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Season Five of The Wire. Easily the worst season of the series.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mare of Easttown

Two episodes to go.

I just cancelled HBO max I think it ends the 28th so I guess I'll have to give this show a go before it ends.

Did a purge today HBO Max, Starz, and Hulu all got the axe.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Season Five of The Wire. Easily the worst season of the series.
Yeah it was a shame that it finished like that

The whole idea of the newspaper being that season's angle was a good one but the serial killer thing was more farce/comedy than gritty the drama it had been

Apparently this was when there was a writer's strike happening which affected the quality

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Mare of Easttown

Two episodes to go.

We loved Mare. Got totally hooked. Have to admit it felt really outdated to have to wait a week between each episode.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
one of the best limited "dead girl" series ever. Writing, acting, pacing, plot twists and weaving of universal theme done to perfection, IMO. There was only ONE moment where I thought OH COME ON! And it didn't even have to do with the murder mystery.

Allright, inquiring minds need to know what that one moment was. Spill it please.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hulu has the Mary Tyler Moore show, which I have never seen. I have been watching the first season and I am really enjoying it. It's very funny. Ted Knight was really good playing the dumb newscaster. The first year was filmed in 1970 and it's really interesting seeing how much more technology there is today than then. How times have changed. I wonder how the next 50 years will look like?

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hulu has the Mary Tyler Moore show, which I have never seen. I have been watching the first season and I am really enjoying it. It's very funny. Ted Knight was really good playing the dumb newscaster. The first year was filmed in 1970 and it's really interesting seeing how much more technology there is today than then. How times have changed. I wonder how the next 50 years will look like?

Keep your eyes peeled for the Georgette scenes where she does her "Oh that's good, no that's bad" routine. I always found those hysterical. I've searched youtube and can't find any of them.

I think I've watched about every Nordic Noir show there is. I can't find any new ones. I've got a NN jones.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
A&E Biography on the WWE wrestlers. Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, and now Mick Foley.

The Hart and Michaels bios need to be watched back-to-back. So good. So sad. So many dead superstars that should still be with us.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
After hesitating for years, I've started Grimm. It's ok.

And Searching for Italy with Stanley Tucci. I love that one.

Also watching Lego Masters with my 5-year-old.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose