What are you watching?

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hulu has the Mary Tyler Moore show, which I have never seen. I have been watching the first season and I am really enjoying it. It's very funny. Ted Knight was really good playing the dumb newscaster. The first year was filmed in 1970 and it's really interesting seeing how much more technology there is today than then. How times have changed. I wonder how the next 50 years will look like?

My wife and I binged all of the seasons a while back, what a fantastic show. I think we watched on Amazon Prime. I had watched some of it when I was a kid and get a bit nostalgic just hearing the theme song.

Last night we watched an episode of "Here's Lucy" which is on Amazon Prime. That was a real blast from the past. The show started in 1968. Nowhere near as good as the MTM show, but fascinating to see what people were wearing, doing, saying, etc. back then. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here's_Lucy

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and I binged all of the seasons a while back, what a fantastic show. I think we watched on Amazon Prime. I had watched some of it when I was a kid and get a bit nostalgic just hearing the theme song.

Last night we watched an episode of "Here's Lucy" which is on Amazon Prime. That was a real blast from the past. The show started in 1968. Nowhere near as good as the MTM show, but fascinating to see what people were wearing, doing, saying, etc. back then. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here's_Lucy
Wait till you see the episode where Chuckles the Clown dies.... :biglaugh:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished watching the first 2 seasons of the Danish original 'The Killing'

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you watched The Investigation? Another Nordic Noir mini series. A gritty procedural
We've pretty much watched every one we can find but I'll look for it. I'm always digging for more because my wife and I love these series. I can't list them off the top of my head but there's gotta be 25 or so we've seen.

Just checked... The Investigation is on HBO. I just have Netflix, Prime & Topic.

I was thinking about trying this Israeli one next.. Black Space about a murder in a high school. We'll see how that goes.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was thinking about trying this Israeli one next.. Black Space about a murder in a high school. We'll see how that goes.
There's an Israeli spy drama I've been wanting to watch, Fauda, which is meant to be good.

I watched a French show The Bureau (brilliant, on par with Sopranos/Wire/Breaking Bad imho) and fans of that have recommended Fauda to me

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just watching Surviving R Kelly on Netflix after he's been found guilty. How this man is just being convicted after almost 30 years of statutory raping numerous teenage girls is appalling. Until this society is able to punish rich and powerful people we'll continue to see monsters like this.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched a French show The Bureau (brilliant, on par with Sopranos/Wire/Breaking Bad imho) and fans of that have recommended Fauda to me
Ya know, much like Kyler on Star Wars, I have never watched the Sopranos or Breaking Bad--- which was filmed here onder my nose in Albuquerque. I had in-laws that are set carpenters, lighting techs etc and my wife watched it but I just was never interested...an act worthy of procscecution they say.
Now that I'm awake in an Ambian haze after 1am, I'll admit I love some of the Mexican telenovelas. They are a Ton more soapy, mostly love triangles and such--heavy on the family drama, but my Spanish is passable so I pick up lot of it and learn something new, plus there's always some hotties around to enjoy.

But with good Nordic Noir, I'm all in, ambien Haze or not!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else watching Midnight Mass.. Mike Flanagan’s new horror(ish) limited series on Netflix. It is all kinds of moody, weird, fracked up. A deep dive into religion, devotion, grief. If you liked Haunting Of Hill House or Gerald’s Game or the parts of the Shining sequel that were good (basically everything outside of the allusions to the Shining movie), I highly recommend. Also recommend you don’t read anything about it and let it just unfold before you as it’s a pretty great slow burn. You’ll either be in or out by the end of the first episode.

Just finished episode 5... just messed up in all the best ways.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Expedition Unknown with Josh Gates never fails to entertain me, even the older episodes that I've missed or watched twice.

The episode Digging into D-Day about the Normandy invasion was quite interesting.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Hated Angel on Buffy--such an annoying archetype--and avoided Angel the show for a long time. Turns out he's a good character in that one. Actual--gasp--depth.

Yeah, I avoided it at first too. Angel is probably the better show of the two once it got its feet under it. I loved the way they used the flashbacks in it to fill out Angel, Spike, Dru, and Darla's characters.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I avoided it at first too. Angel is probably the better show of the two once it got its feet under it. I loved the way they used the flashbacks in it to fill out Angel, Spike, Dru, and Darla's characters.
Maybe, but not for my tastes. Not even close. I loved the way Angel started but the way they handled Cordelia in addition to the back and forth Good Angel/Bad Angel storylines ruined the show for me. At least they somewhat redeemed themselves with a solid final year (with Spike). But Buffy, other than a really weak season, was superior IMO.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I won't go that far, although I did really enjoy the character development, including Cordelia. I will say Angel is better than the latter seasons of Buffy, IMO.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Red on White

Here's one for your Nordic Noir fix.. 6.episodes...good stuff. Wife and I binged it in a couple of nights
The Chestnut Man... Enjoy

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished up White Lotus, it was…well I’m not saying it was great, but I couldn’t look away. Anyways, if you’re into naval gazing rich white people with a bit of humor it’s worth watching.
Soon-to-be-wife and I started watching this and you nailed it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Just finished up White Lotus, it was…well I’m not saying it was great, but I couldn’t look away. Anyways, if you’re into naval gazing rich white people with a bit of humor it’s worth watching. Not a comedy though, FYI.

Watched the first episode of Reservation Dogs. Will be watching more.
I loved White Lotus.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Is anyone else watching Midnight Mass.. Mike Flanagan’s new horror(ish) limited series on Netflix. It is all kinds of moody, weird, fracked up. A deep dive into religion, devotion, grief. If you liked Haunting Of Hill House or Gerald’s Game or the parts of the Shining sequel that were good (basically everything outside of the allusions to the Shining movie), I highly recommend. Also recommend you don’t read anything about it and let it just unfold before you as it’s a pretty great slow burn. You’ll either be in or out by the end of the first episode.

Just finished episode 5... just messed up in all the best ways.
I loved "Doctor Sleep". It was so close to the novel.

I've been trying to convince my GF to let me watch Midnight Mass. I love horror, she loves Disney...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson