Suns @ Lakers Thursday Playoff game thread 6-3-2021 - Game 6

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Agree. Considering it’s not a break in case of emergency game, I don’t get sitting him then seeing we’re losing and then possibly blowing him for an elimination game 7 if he’s already so dinged up we don’t want to start him.
Yep, he is either too banged up to play at all or he starts and Monty monitors how he looks as the game progresses.

The plus side is that they clearly found treatment that worked for him the first time so it is quite possible it won't take quite as long to recover. Not to mention the previous treatment might stop this reaggravation from being as severe as the first time it happened.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, he is either too banged up to play at all or he starts and Monty monitors how he looks as the game progresses.

The plus side is that they clearly found treatment that worked for him the first time so it is quite possible it won't take quite as long to recover. Not to mention the previous treatment might stop this reaggravation from being as severe as the first time it happened.

hopefully. He really didn’t look good in Game 2 or 3 when there was only one day in between games. That extra day of rest looked like it did his body much better in Game 4 and 5 until the reinjury. It’s why I really hope we win tomorrow and Portland does too. That would hopefully give him a good four days rest between series.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Anthony Davis is waiting to be medically cleared and will be a game time decision.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

After the heat the Warriors medical staff got when Durant was cleared for the finals then got hurt I’d be surprised if he got the green light given the recovery time for his injury. I’m sure they’ll say AD wanted to go so he at least looks motivated to the public. Why they’re containing to not give Trez a shot baffles me.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I just don’t see AD being effective. He may start but will be on the bench soon. Groin injuries are tough. Paul is always hurt in the playoffs. We are going nowhere without him being healthy. But, I’ve been wrong before. Go SUNs.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
It doesn't matter who is out or in for the other team. Davis playing or not playing has nothing to do with whether or not Paul plays. If he can play, he needs to play. Sitting him out on purpose doesn't sounds like a good strategy. You go all in, as if though it were game seven of the finals. Win the game, he'll get some rest. You don't want to play game seven against LeBron.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cool let's beat la at full strength and make lecry walk off court again

Rise up suns war battle chant!!!!! BEAT LA

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
I say follow the same prescription as the last game. Let him start. If he's not playing well, take him out. Cam Payne has shown that he can fill in admirably. The Lakers have had no answer for him thus far.
I somewhat agree. Cam has played well in HIS role. However, the team did not play well when he tried to play Paul's role in game 3. Cam is thriving in the 6th man score first/pass second mentality.

If Paul can't go, yes I'd extend Cam's minutes, but in the exact same role as the 6th man scorer. Which means we need someone else to come in and be a poor man's Chris Paul and run the offense.

I'd seriously consider putting E'Twaun in to replace Paul. He's a vet. He's crafty. And he's played well when we needed him (reference the last game of the season among others). It's not ideal, but it's better than taking Cam, or worse Book, out of their roles. (Heck, if we really want to have fun give Frank a run at it. Maybe he can repeat his game against the Warriors where he went 12/13/8... ok yes, I'm kidding.)

But most importantly, we CANNOT repeat game 3.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul was clearly shaken up from hitting his shoulder again but i think he was dealing with more fear and frustration than pain from hitting his shoulder again.

He looked good shooting his free throws and wasn't hoisting the ball up like he was before when his shoulder was bothering him.

I'm not saying he's 100% but he's likely back to how he was in game 4. Let him start and earn his minutes from there. If he looks bad, take him out.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul was clearly shaken up from hitting his shoulder again but i think he was dealing with more fear and frustration than pain from hitting his shoulder again.

He looked good shooting his free throws and wasn't hoisting the ball up like he was before when his shoulder was bothering him.

I'm not saying he's 100% but he's likely back to how he was in game 4. Let him start and earn his minutes from there. If he looks bad, take him out.
I wouldn’t consider those free throws any indication. He was still warm and it was just FTs. How he felt today will be a much better gauge. Either way? Just like the other games his first few minutes will tell the story.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t consider those free throws any indication. He was still warm and it was just FTs. How he felt today will be a much better gauge. Either way? Just like the other games his first few minutes will tell the story.

he also looked like he was just biting down on pain on those FT. You could see it in his eyes.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not so sure Paul was a hurt as he let on. It may have been his way of saying "hey coach I think we got this one, take me out". Ima get a foul on my way out.

Its an awesome narrative, CP3 fights his way back from injury and overcomes Lebron and that team with all the money and takes his team to the promised land where they thump the Nets in a chippy and highly contested NBA finals 4-3.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure Paul was a hurt as he let on. It may have been his way of saying "hey coach I think we got this one, take me out". Ima get a foul on my way out.

Its an awesome narrative, CP3 fights his way back from injury and overcomes Lebron and that team with all the money and takes his team to the promised land where they thump the Nets in a chippy and highly contested NBA finals 4-3.

I could certainly see it happening but in this case, I don't think so. IMO he was clearly in pain throughout the game.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

i would. You don’t remember what he looked like in game 2. No way in hell he could of made them then.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After the heat the Warriors medical staff got when Durant was cleared for the finals then got hurt I’d be surprised if he got the green light given the recovery time for his injury. I’m sure they’ll say AD wanted to go so he at least looks motivated to the public. Why they’re containing to not give Trez a shot baffles me.

The only thing I can figure, the Lakers are not playing Harrell more is because they want to spread the court. How Harrell has gone from sixth man of the year to sitting with the Lakers is beyond me but I like it because it benefits the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could certainly see it happening but in this case, I don't think so. IMO he was clearly in pain throughout the game.

I agree with this. The way Paul reacted to a low contact foul and didn't return to the game makes me think he was hurting. The reaction was so much, the referees even reviewed it for a flagrant foul.

Hopefully Paul now knows better how to play with the injury.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well judgment day lol massive gm tonight

Very nervous on paul injury staus hope his passes shots look sharp and the bench shows up

Also pray la lakers players other than lebron stay cold especially Schroder can't let him get hot

We are the valley!! Rise up go suns

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Or Anthony Davis will give it a try and see what happens.

A groin is not only painful but limiting in movement especially for a big man who can protect the rim and switch. Maybe offensively he’s be effective at 70%. I think if anything him gutting it out might fire up the rest of his teammates.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The only thing I can figure, the Lakers are not playing Harrell more is because they want to spread the court. How Harrell has gone from sixth man of the year to sitting with the Lakers is beyond me but I like it because it benefits the Suns.

Harrell is a crumb bum looter in a riot that cannot score when the chips are down and gets targeted on defense in the playoffs more than Enes Kanter. Lol Pelinka.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harrell is a crumb bum looter in a riot that cannot score when the chips are down and gets targeted on defense in the playoffs more than Enes Kanter. Lol Pelinka.

Harrell was the 2019-20 NBA NBA sixth man of the year with the Clippers. A team has to know how to use a player. He is a good rebounder, defender and can score inside. The Lakers have used him as an afterthought which has taken him away from his game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose