Suns @ Lakers Thursday Playoff game thread 6-3-2021 - Game 6

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns currently 3 point underdog for this game.

Any recent updates on Paul?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't care so you found this site, made an account, and started trolling incessantly? Ok.

Just put him on ignore like the rest of us did. We can't even see what he is typing. LOL. He will be talking to himself (probably not the only thing he does with himself) until he gets banned.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just put him on ignore like the rest of us did. We can't even see what he is typing. LOL. He will be talking to himself (probably not the only thing he does with himself) until he gets banned.

Did that after I replied. I know I should have done it before but we all make mistakes.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man. As I look at this and I look at his body language, I think LeBron is done. Not his career. He is done this year. If he puts out a herculean effort, the Lakers might have a chance to win this series, but then he has to face another series with that squad. But he also knows that AD is just going to continue to be hurt, his own ankle cannot be that good, and the rest of the team is not dependable. I don't think he wants to do it. He is tired and hurt.

I think he wants to go home, talk to Rich Paul, and see what the Lakers can do to retool for next year. He does not want to play anymore. Suns win game 6. LeBron plays well enough to look respectable but goes home. This would be consistent with LeBron's behavior through the years. He will fight when he knows his team has what it takes, but he knows when to throw in the cards too.

Vogel is going to get fired and JKidd will coach the Lakers next year and there will be a huge revamp of that team.

I obviously could be wrong, but that is the vibe I am getting.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man. As I look at this and I look at his body language, I think LeBron is done. Not his career. He is done this year. If he puts out a herculean effort, the Lakers might have a chance to win this series, but then he has to face another series with that squad. But he also knows that AD is just going to continue to be hurt, his own ankle cannot be that good, and the rest of the team is not dependable. I don't think he wants to do it. He is tired and hurt.

I think he wants to go home, talk to Rich Paul, and see what the Lakers can do to retool for next year. He does not want to play anymore. Suns win game 6. LeBron plays well enough to look respectable but goes home. This would be consistent with LeBron's behavior through the years. He will fight when he knows his team has what it takes, but he knows when to throw in the cards too.

Vogel is going to get fired and JKidd will coach the Lakers next year and there will be a huge revamp of that team.

I obviously could be wrong, but that is the vibe I am getting.

I don't think you're that far off. Wouldn't surprise me if his ankle starts bothering him early, allowing him a clean exit and to push a narrative of "if he was healthy".

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am trying to put my finger on why, but there is something about this Suns team that reminds me of the Terry Porter, Clyde Drexler, Cliff, Kevin Duckworth, Portland teams of the 1990's. Maybe its just the combo of offense and defense and the depth.

Teams that stupidly didn’t pick ________ because they already had __________?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Teams that stupidly didn’t pick ________ because they already had __________?

Teams that advance past the 1st round?

Mavs and Luka fans are basically the Celtics still happy about fleecing the Nets.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Arizona Sports, James Jones reported Chris Paul is ready to go for game 6.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anthony Davis is waiting to be medically cleared and will be a game time decision.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More on Anthony Davis.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope will be a game time decision.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some snippets from an interview with James Jones from an article at Arizona Sports.

By Kellan Olson June 2, 2021 at 2:21 pm:

“Chris is fine. We’ll be ready to go, he’ll be ready to go,” the GM told Arizona Sports’ Burns & Gambo on Wednesday. “I think he’s shown over the course of his career and specifically recently that if he’s able to help his team he’ll be out there. We’ll be good and we’ll get ready for a battle.”

-------------------------------------

“Until Chris isn’t out there, we always plan and expect him to be there.”

-------------------------------------

“I don’t know how to say it any clearer than that. Unless Chris isn’t playing, he’s playing.”

https://arizonasports.com/story/267...ready-to-go-for-game-6-vs-lakers-per-suns-gm/

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Sit Paul. If AD starts, he may play himself out of the game. Groin injuries hurt and they reoccur very quickly (don't ask me how I know). Let Paul rest, unless we feel we have to have him on the court. We will have a game 7 at home. We need to win this series, but we also have to look at the big prize.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Sit Paul. If AD starts, he may play himself out of the game. Groin injuries hurt and they reoccur very quickly (don't ask me how I know). Let Paul rest, unless we feel we have to have him on the court. We will have a game 7 at home. We need to win this series, but we also have to look at the big prize.
Can't take game 6 for granted. If Paul feels like he can play his game than play him and try and close them out. Never want to let a series come down to 1 game if you have a chance to avoid it.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I say follow the same prescription as the last game. Let him start. If he's not playing well, take him out. Cam Payne has shown that he can fill in admirably. The Lakers have had no answer for him thus far.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Recipe for failure.

AZ Native

Reaction score
Recipe for failure.
Not really. AD is hurt and will play hurt. If we need Paul, put him in. If not, rest him. He is always hurt in the playoffs. Without a healthy Paul we are going nowhere.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The injury report for the game on Thursday is out for Suns and Lakers.

Phoenix: Chris Paul is listed as PROBABLE.

Ty-Shon Alexander is OUT.

Abdel Nader is OUT.

Los Angeles Lakers: Anthony Davis and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope are QUESTIONABLE.

AZ Native

Reaction score
Can't take game 6 for granted. If Paul feels like he can play his game than play him and try and close them out. Never want to let a series come down to 1 game if you have a chance to avoid it.
No one is taking it for granted. AD's groin injury is much worse than they are saying. (ever had one?). We don't have to start Paul but can still bring him in when we need him. Agreed, we want to win game 6, and I think we will and still see how it goes without starting Paul. The guy gets hurt every playoff. Give him a chance to heal if possible.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
No one is taking it for granted. AD's groin injury is much worse than they are saying. (ever had one?). We don't have to start Paul but can still bring him in when we need him. Agreed, we want to win game 6, and I think we will and still see how it goes without starting Paul. The guy gets hurt every playoff. Give him a chance to heal if possible.
I would rather have him out there to start so we know immediately how effective he will be and to avoid a slow start. That would be better than trying to insert him later in the game and finding out in an important time in the game that he can't be effective.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would rather have him out there to start so we know immediately how effective he will be and to avoid a slow start. That would be better than trying to insert him later in the game and finding out in an important time in the game that he can't be effective.
Agree. Considering it’s not a break in case of emergency game, I don’t get sitting him then seeing we’re losing and then possibly blowing him for an elimination game 7 if he’s already so dinged up we don’t want to start him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose