Suns @ Lakers Sunday game thread 5-9-2021

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We aren't getting the calls but that's always the case (for any team) when the opponent is so clearly the aggressor.

exactly.

the suns quite frankly play dumb.

the number one goal should be drawing fouls on Davis.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns start Saric next to Ayton to begin 2nd half.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Playing like complete sheet and within 12 at half. We will be ok

If we can start making our 3's we might be able to force them to adapt to us by going smaller. If not, we'll probably get blown out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton has tended toward pathetic since that good 8 game streak that once again fooled all of us that he had rounded a corner.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton can't afford to foul Caruso. He now has 3 fouls.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Caruso is smart he is working hard to get ayton in foul trouble

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns trail 72-56 with 7:25 in 3rd.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea ayton still has some training to do..... suns need more production from ayton against key opponents players

Ugh this sucks

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker, Crowder, Cam J, Saric have all trended in the wrong direction over the past 8+ games as well...

No. Booker’s been averaging 30 the last 8 games, Crowder has missed 7 of the last 8 games with injury and in the one game he played was HUGE against NY.

Dario has been bad for months. Cam has been bad for a month.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like that pirouette move by Frank.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want more shots for mikal and less for booker.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
No. Booker’s been averaging 30 the last 8 games, Crowder has missed 7 of the last 8 games with injury and in the one game he played was HUGE against NY.

Dario has been bad for months. Cam has been bad for a month.
Too lazy to research, but IMO, Booker has steadily become less efficient while increasingly turning over the ball.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too lazy to research, but IMO, Booker has steadily become less efficient while increasingly turning over the ball.

okay. You’re wrong. He’s actually been the only consistent scorer for the team in the last 8 games.

that’s not to say I even disagree with your opinion of him. He’s not a superstar. He’s an All-Star. So is Paul. The problem is they need Ayton to be an All-Star player too in order to compete with the two best teams in the league... the Lakers and Nets, who have superstars and solid rosters otherwise.

but they have made an INCREDIBLE jump from worst team in the league two years ago to a top 5 team in the league. That’s quite a feat. Bumping up to the next level though is the hardest and I’m not sure how they do that in the off-season. But I won’t rule it out.

I just hate that the Lakers are likely going to be our first round opponent. Would have been great to get a series win under the team’s belt after a year like this.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

30 turnovers in his last 13 games, not bad. He shot poorly last night but he was .500 or above in 6 of the previous 7 games (9 for 19 on the night he was below .500).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payne (15) has been playing with intensity all night.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
No dude, it’s called understanding basketball and being realistic.

I am. I brought up the lack of effort because there was a complete lack of effort. This team has had a horrid problem of uneven effort through the season (an issue with a good young team that knows its a good team)

This is not an either/or statement here - when you play a team that is a bad matchup for you (like the lakers are) you can't start with a crap effort.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End of 3rd quarter:

Lakers 98 - Suns 77

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is really depressing.

feel like the season is effectively over.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am. I brought up the lack of effort because there was a complete lack of effort. This team has had a horrid problem of uneven effort through the season (an issue with a good young team that knows its a good team)

This is not an either/or statement here - when you play a team that is a bad matchup for you (like the lakers are) you can't start with a crap effort.

i just can’t buy that a team going on the road, against a team they’re likely to play in the playoffs comes out with lack of effort. I saw a team get dominated from the jump by bigger size.

and honestly, Ash, if they came out overlooking their likely playoff opponent missing a bunch of guys after getting the snot kicked out of them by the Spurs in a similar scenario not that long ago, this team doesn’t have anything close to what it takes mentally to win a round against anyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard