Cardinals : AJ green signed

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m probably alone on this but I would still would go iOL over WR. Factor K1’s size + athleticism to hesitate EDGEs, I think he needs iOL protection more than any other QB in the league.

A duo of either AVT/Asante Jr or Greg Newsome/Wyatt Davis would have me do backflips

But I’m not opposed to going WR. I get it.
I agree with your assessment. I’m good with a combo of any of those 3 positions in the first two rounds.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Murphy has proven he can only play the slot and both this team and users here have made it clear that's his role.

Calling him our #1 CB is ridiculous, the guy can't handle WRs with size and speed on the outside.

Not a surprise at all considering this was his draft profile..

You must be registered for see images attach

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also are we only interested in signing guys with just initials for some reason? JJ Watt, AJ Green, TY Hilton

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we want a burner for WR4 that would cost no money then how about Marquise Goodwin?

He's had a year off. Has a 950+ yard season. He'd cost vet min.

He's perfect WR4 material. Expecting Keim to draft a decent late round WR4 is fantasy land considering his WR draft history.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
It wouldn’t shock me to see them trade up in the draft. Not really much in free agency. Likely re-sign PP, hopefully to a one year deal.
That’s what I’ve been advocating for. If Chase, Waddell, or Smith fall, trade up and get one of them. Especially Chase.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we want a burner for WR4 that would cost no money then how about Marquise Goodwin?

He's had a year off. Has a 950+ yard season. He'd cost vet min.

He's perfect WR4 material. Expecting Keim to draft a decent late round WR4 is fantasy land considering his WR draft history.
I dont think Keim is ready to give up on Andy yet for better or worse.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Green was completely frustrated with his role in Cincy. He basically hasn’t been on the field for 2 years. So, fwiw, he’s a young 32.

I’d rather have had Fuller but not totally against this. But there are concerns. And it’s not a bad price.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
while Green wasnt my first (or second, or third....) choice -- the benefits of this:

1. high character guy who will do things the right way, work hard, good locker room, etc --
2. A vet who will recognize the coverage and be where he is supposed to be, on time. important with a young QB
3. Size on the outside they need
4. Excellent hands / can make the tough catches
5. The three other teams in the division play lots of zone. his experience and size help here
6. Kirk and Isabella now are exclusively in the slot. I think this really benefits Kirk

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Green was completely frustrated with his role in Cincy. He basically hasn’t been on the field for 2 years. So, fwiw, he’s a young 32.

I’d rather have had Fuller but not totally against this. But there are concerns. And it’s not a bad price.

He played every game and had 104! passes thrown his way.

That is hardly being frozen out.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am not upset about this move but it is odd he was their #1 target per Gambo and #2 was TY Hilton.

I would WAAAAY rather have TY
Hilton is another small receiver. Cardinals were looking for a larger target. I’m fine with the signing. I think Green was suffering from Bengalitis & will have a resurgence playing opposite Hopkins.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Couldn’t agree more. He’s been saving himself the last couple seasons. I think we’ll be pleasantly surprised at AJ’s contributions this season. I did like Fuller, but guys with consistent hammy issues always scare me.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually don't mind this because I love Green and IF he can get healthy this is a good deal. If he can't 6 million is probably too high but it's not a franchise breaker.

The concern is he hasn't been good since 2018, but that's due to injury. He doesn't have the speed anymore but then that's a function of the ankle injury if you saw him play last year despite the claim he was 100%(his coach said so) you could see he wasn't, he was still favoring the ankle. I assume the Cards saw enough to decide that wasn't the case anymore.

Big guy always had great hands, all I can say is I'd rather Murray is throwing to him than Isabella.

I still would love Waddle mind you, Green is a short term play but if he can get healthy would be cool.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
He played every game and had 104! passes thrown his way.

That is hardly being frozen out.
Did you watch, get any bengals coverage? Here in Columbus, we get a ton of coverage. Higgins and Boyd were the priorities moving forward with Burrow.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose