Cardinals : AJ green signed

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What?

Center was never going to be our first round pick.

It's going to be a CB is Keim even has a lick of sense. If the top 2 aren't there, we need to trade down and try and get a 3rd back.

I didn’t think we’d go C, but I think this probably satisfies Keim that the O-line as a whole is fine and will want to make a sexy pick at WR for Kyler.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
People get hung up on CB1 and CB2 and ultimately, unless you have a rare CB who you can put on an island in man coverage (which is rare) it doesn't matter because teams will just roll coverage to the more dominant WR anyway.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Cohesion, versatility, and contesting catches are more important in a secondary than a #1 CB is. No Jalen Ramsey's on the market.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn’t think we’d go C, but I think this probably satisfies Keim that the O-line as a whole is not as big a need as WR for Kyler.
I’m probably alone on this but I would still would go iOL over WR. Factor K1’s size + athleticism to hesitate EDGEs, I think he needs iOL protection more than any other QB in the league.

A duo of either AVT/Asante Jr or Greg Newsome/Wyatt Davis would have me do backflips

But I’m not opposed to going WR. I get it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m probably alone on this but I would still would go iOL over WR. Factor K1’s size + athleticism to hesitate EDGEs, I think he needs iOL protection more than any other QB in the league.

A duo of either AVT/Asante Jr or Greg Newsome/Wyatt Davis would have me do backflips

yeah. I’m not saying it would be the right or wrong move. Just what I expect to happen.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Kadarious Toney? Love his tape...

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a j green once live when he was a bulldog lol vs asu actually dude has huge good hands well at uga lol

Really hope cards luck out on watt or green panning out if both fail kiem is in trouble

Go cards keeping fingers heavily crossed
I was at that game in Athens. Holy waterfalls batman! We almost had to build an ark!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
AJ Green last year: 47/523/4

Andre Johnson’s 2nd to last year: 41/503 yards, 4 TD

Andre Johnson’s final year with Tennessee: 9 rec, 85 yards, 2 TD

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Murphy has proven he can only play the slot and both this team and users here have made it clear that's his role.

Calling him our #1 CB is ridiculous, the guy can't handle WRs with size and speed on the outside.
He has shown that he is at his best in the slot...he can play everywhere.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Murphy has proven he can only play the slot and both this team and users here have made it clear that's his role.

well that settles it

the Cards made it clear it was his role this year

Murphy is a young player, playing only 1 full year of major college football. i dont think its inconceivable that in year 3 Murphy is ready to move outside.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AJ Green was 87th out of 87 qualifying WRs last season in DVOA and DYAR. Tee Higgins was 27th and Tyler Boyd was 55th.

Kirk was 60th.

I think the right argument here is that Green is a guy you know can play on the perimeter and take advantage of some 1:1 matchups on the outside (maybe). His 45% catch rate late season is extremely concerning. He drops a couple of balls and Murray will ignore him for the next month.

His catch rate is 45% because so many balls were wayward. You remove the balls that weren't catchable and it was 75%.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
He has shown that he is at his best in the slot...he can play everywhere.
If I didn't have to jump off of my computer right now, I'd go dredge up the posts by so many here who were lambasting me for being disappointed we had a guy that wasn't suited for the outside, and how many people hammered on the importance of him staying in the slot and how a slot defender is key to winning in the NFL.

He can "play everywhere" in the sense that Chandler Jones could technically play ILB too, it's not really his forte. Counting on him to cover a DK Metcalf is laughable.

well that settles it

the Cards made it clear it was his role this year

Murphy is a young player, playing only 1 full year of major college football. i dont think its inconceivable that in year 3 Murphy is ready to move outside.
He's never been groomed to be moving outside, and as a rookie it was clear he was lost playing outside. He's not a great player. He's okay. He certainly isn't a #1 CB.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is very stupid because Tee Higgins had a 63% catch rate and Tyler Boyd had a 72% catch rate.

Would they have caught 100% of their targets with a different QB?

Different routes. A lot of Greens targets were deep balls and Burrow (and the trash they wheeled out later) struggled deep.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bad signing. :( Not a fan of this as Green is old and well past his prime. :(

We still need a legit #2 wide receiver. :(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose