Cardinals : AJ green signed

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Price for a WR2 is right. AJ Green is not a #1 anymore, but should be good for around 700-800 yards next season. I’m fine with it. He’s an obvious upgrade over the corpses behind Hop

AJ Green was 87th out of 87 qualifying WRs last season in DVOA and DYAR. Tee Higgins was 27th and Tyler Boyd was 55th.

Kirk was 60th.

I think the right argument here is that Green is a guy you know can play on the perimeter and take advantage of some 1:1 matchups on the outside (maybe). His 45% catch rate late season is extremely concerning. He drops a couple of balls and Murray will ignore him for the next month.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’d say the price was right. Green suffered last year in an offense that wasn’t suited to his talents. He’s an upgrade from Fitz and much will depend on how willing Murray is to use him. IMO Murray undervalued Fitz and failed to appreciate what he could have provided. Now the Cards bring in a solid receiver who is more of a possession receiver at this point of his career. Frankly either of these players, properly used, could give the Cards a more potent offense. So I’m guessing say “thanks” to Fitz and “welcome” to A.J. Now throw him the ball! He’s a quality addition and he has something to prove. I’m betting her earns those incentives if Murray gives him a chance. They could still draft someone to spread the field, but likely won’t do so in round 1.
The difference being that with Fitz it forced Kyler to throw over the middle which he's not good at yet. Green plays on the outside so Kyler will give him more chances. Whether he's cooked or not time will tell.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Accurate
AJ Green was 87th out of 87 qualifying WRs last season in DVOA and DYAR. Tee Higgins was 27th and Tyler Boyd was 55th.

Kirk was 60th.

I think the right argument here is that Green is a guy you know can play on the perimeter and take advantage of some 1:1 matchups on the outside (maybe). His 45% catch rate late season is extremely concerning. He drops a couple of balls and Murray will ignore him for the next month.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw a j green once live when he was a bulldog lol vs asu actually dude has huge good hands well at uga lol

Really hope cards luck out on watt or green panning out if both fail kiem is in trouble

Go cards keeping fingers heavily crossed

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kirk was 60th.

lol. awesome.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Problem: Are you content with AJ Green as our #2, Kirk as our #3, and whatever else we have at WR? Because I am pretty damn certain Keim isn't about to go sign another WR. I mean, it's Keim, after all.

I want Kirks replacement in the draft. I still think WR is about our #3 draft priority. If we don't take a WR in the 1st 3 rounds we probably made a mistake.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
The difference being that with Fitz it forced Kyler to throw over the middle which he's not good at yet. Green plays on the outside so Kyler will give him more chances. Whether he's cooked or not time will tell.
great point. Kyler loves throwing the side-outs

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Price for a WR2 is right. AJ Green is not a #1 anymore, but should be good for around 700-800 yards next season. I’m fine with it. He’s an obvious upgrade over the corpses behind Hop

If he's our new WR2, I'll puke. The problem is, we still need a speedster to stretch the field; we still need that #2.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d say the price was right. Green suffered last year in an offense that wasn’t suited to his talents. He’s an upgrade from Fitz and much will depend on how willing Murray is to use him. IMO Murray undervalued Fitz and failed to appreciate what he could have provided. Now the Cards bring in a solid receiver who is more of a possession receiver at this point of his career. Frankly either of these players, properly used, could give the Cards a more potent offense. So I’m guessing say “thanks” to Fitz and “welcome” to A.J. Now throw him the ball! He’s a quality addition and he has something to prove. I’m betting her earns those incentives if Murray gives him a chance. They could still draft someone to spread the field, but likely won’t do so in round 1.
Well stated Harry. I predicted this signing a few weeks back, as I think Green is a nice fit for Murray. Big body, good hands, and loves the sidelines. Being in Cincy has been almost a prison sentence for Green. I do believe he has purposely saved himself the last couple seasons believing he'd have one more opportunity to shine. Now the Cardinals can move Kirk back into the slot where he belongs & I'm expecting him to have his best season. I do believe they will still draft a WR too, but definitely not in the 1st round.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got to believe now that we traded for our Center, that first round pick is going to be a WR.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which is why the Cardinals are historically one of the worst professional sports organizations. This one takes the cake. Keim is and always has been a meathead and Michael hires all of these idiots.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he's our new WR2, I'll puke. The problem is, we still need a speedster to stretch the field; we still need that #2.

That has to be the intention. No way you spend this much money otherwise.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've got to believe now that we traded for our Center, that first round pick is going to be a WR.

What?

Center was never going to be our first round pick.

It's going to be a CB is Keim even has a lick of sense. If the top 2 aren't there, we need to trade down and try and get a 3rd back.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
What about CB? Right now Alford is our CB1. Alford!
It wouldn’t shock me to see them trade up in the draft. Not really much in free agency. Likely re-sign PP, hopefully to a one year deal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson