Dennis Gardeck - 2nd round tender

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Second-round tender: One-year contract worth the greater of (a) $3.259 million or (b) 110 percent of the player's prior-year base salary. Draft-choice compensation: second-round pick.

Interesting decision based upon the injury he suffered. My guess is they see a larger role for Gardeck.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The stretch explanation is that Keim saw Gardeck as a cheaper version of what Haason Reddick does best. Sub package, situational pass rusher. Essentially, Golden at 4.5 and Gardeck at 3.2 was viewed as better than Reddick at an amount greater than that. My guess is that Reddick is asking for around the 13 mil mark, and the Cardinals did not believe the market was going to be that high and is letting him see if he can find it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This suggests a much bigger role for Gardeck next year.

His 7 sacks make his role seem bigger than it was. He only had 2 games with more than 10 snaps. He only played 94 snaps and 25 of them came in the Eagles game he hurt himself.

Happy for him. Great dude.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The stretch explanation is that Keim saw Gardeck as a cheaper version of what Haason Reddick does best. Sub package, situational pass rusher. Essentially, Golden at 4.5 and Gardeck at 3.2 was viewed as better than Reddick at an amount greater than that. My guess is that Reddick is asking for around the 13 mil mark, and the Cardinals did not believe the market was going to be that high and is letting him see if he can find it.

but it’s Gardeck coming off an end of season ACL. Expecting the same player back this year is classic Keim Cardinals thinking.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ACL treatment has gotten a lot better in recent years. I've seen so many players go down with ACL tears and come back the next year without missing a beat. I used to think of it as a career ender.

okay. Can you name some of these players. Preferably ones that tore their ACLs in late December so we can gauge recovery time?

ACL’s aren’t career enders anymore. But guy’s aren’t normally anywhere near full health that first year. Especially players that depend on quick bursts like Gardeck does. And the fact that it happened so late in the season gives even less recovery time.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
okay. Can you name some of these players. Preferably ones that tore their ACLs in late December so we can gauge recovery time?

ACL’s aren’t career enders anymore. But guy’s aren’t normally anywhere near full health that first year. Especially players that depend on quick bursts like Gardeck does. And the fact that it happened so late in the season gives even less recovery time.

Yes, ACL's have gone from a career ender to a mostly routine procedure, but you're absolutely right, can anyone name a good percentage of players coming back from an end of the year ACL and performing as well or better the next year? My guess is it's a short list.

It's an awfully big number for a guy who might not be ready for the start of the season, and who likely won't be the same player he was last year.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This suggests a much bigger role for Gardeck next year.

His 7 sacks make his role seem bigger than it was. He only had 2 games with more than 10 snaps. He only played 94 snaps and 25 of them came in the Eagles game he hurt himself.

Happy for him. Great dude.

Can someone explain to me why they think 3 million a year is enough for Gardeck, but that we should pay Reddick 15 million a year for 12 sacks - when he played a ton more snaps to get his.

Neither player is the ideal size or strength to play OLB.

I am actually worried cards will lose Gardeck with this low of an offer.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why they think 3 million a year is enough for Gardeck, but that we should pay Reddick 15 million a year for 12 sacks - when he played a ton more snaps to get his.

can you explain to me why you consistently lie about other people’s opinions on what Reddick should have been offered? All the Reddick people eventually wanted him to get the transition tag, which wasn’t 15 million dollars.

also, can you tell me why you create false narratives like the above making it seem as if Reddick and Gardeck’s output was reasonably similar despite the fact that Reddick was 2nd in the entire league in OVERALL TFLs blowing away Gardeck there, not to mention 5 sacks different AND both of Reddick’s knees are in tact?

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I will take a 2nd round pick for an undersized LB coming off an ACL injury every day of the week. The Cardinals did obviously get some intel that teams would be sniffing around him which prompted the higher tender.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
can you explain to me why you consistently lie about other people’s opinions on what Reddick should have been offered? All the Reddick people eventually wanted him to get the transition tag, which wasn’t 15 million dollars.

also, can you tell me why you create false narratives like the above making it seem as if Reddick and Gardeck’s output was reasonably similar despite the fact that Reddick was 2nd in the entire league in OVERALL TFLs blowing away Gardeck there, not to mention 5 sacks different AND both of Reddick’s knees are in tact?

I'm not making up what people want to offer him. There are posts today of people saying we should pay him 15 million in other threads.

We are never going to agree obviously. Reddick is at 235 is a desperation play at olb. I would never pay big money for a guy with no true position like him.

Not saying Gardeck is ideal either - but honestly I rate them as about the same value as a player.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will take a 2nd round pick for an undersized LB coming off an ACL injury every day of the week. The Cardinals did obviously get some intel that teams would be sniffing around him which prompted the higher tender.

I think you often give the Cardinals too much credit, re: them getting intel.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not making up what people want to offer him. There are posts today of people saying we should pay him 15 million in other threads.

We are never going to agree obviously. Reddick is at 235 is a desperation play at olb. I would never pay big money for a guy with no true position like him.

Not saying Gardeck is ideal either - but honestly I rate them as about the same value as a player.

So, you think a healthy Gardeck has the potential to EVER be 2nd in league in TFL? that’s laughable.

also please go show me people today that are saying Reddick should be getting 15 million per year. Otherwise, stop lying about other’s arguments to make your weak ones look stronger.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave