What are you watching?

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I've been rewatching Battlestar Galactica. Forgot how good that show was. The effects have held up really well too for a 17 year old SyFy show. The surround mix and bass on it are really good too. I've actually been surprised by the sound. I didn't have my good system back when it came out.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been rewatching Battlestar Galactica. Forgot how good that show was. The effects have held up really well too for a 17 year old SyFy show. The surround mix and bass on it are really good too. I've actually been surprised by the sound. I didn't have my good system back when it came out.
I read Battlestar Galactica and instantly thought of the show from 1978. Guess it depends on your age whether you think of the original or the reboot.

Now there’s another Battlestar Galactica series coming from Peacock...

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I read Battlestar Galactica and instantly thought of the show from 1978. Guess it depends on your age whether you think of the original or the reboot.

Now there’s another Battlestar Galactica series coming from Peacock...

I'm old enough that I loved the original as a little kid. The 2003 version was so much better though that it's in my head now as BSG and the 78 show is the original BSG.

The new show on Peacock I'm not sure on. At first they were saying it was going to take place in the same universe as the 2003 version. I've seen rumors recently that it's going to be a reboot. The latter I'm not really crazy about.

OP
OP
Town Drunk

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Doom Patrol. Surprisingly fun. Irreverent with a bouncy pace for what’s kinda dark subject matter.

Just started this. Very fun. Love Brendan Fraser in it. The actress who plays Jane is also phenomenal.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Almost nothing on network TV, just the Unicorn, and I heard Seal Team started back up again. Have started re-watching Eureka with Mom, and we just finished up Haven. While writing, I've been watching Bones in the background. Various Netflix shows too. Expanse is back soon!

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just wrapped up "The Undoing" on HBO Max, it was awesome. Now we are on "Wayne" on Amazon Prime, loving it!

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I've rewatched all 12 seasons of Bones - love that show.

Started on Schitt's Creek but got impatient with it and fast forwarded to the last episode, lol. Started The Man in the Castle but didn't really hold my interest (also fast-forwarded to the last episode). Finally got around to watching all of Downton Abbey.

Been watching Chuck on Amazon prime of late. Love Zachary Levi. Also watching Velvet (from Spain) - your typical soapy drama/love triangle. Looks like my fav Ministry of Time is not coming back to Netflix. Waiting for new episodes of Ms Maisel, Outlander and Mandalorian.

I think I've reached the end of the streaming world - can't find anything worth watching... sigh.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, gonna give it a shot!
Yes!! Give it at least 2 seasons before giving up if it’s not your thing. The first season they were trying to find their way. Mid season 2 through mid season 3 is just amazing, imo. Keep us updated on your progress in the Fringe thread, would love to hear your thoughts (good or bad)

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Yes!! Give it at least 2 seasons before giving up if it’s not your thing. The first season they were trying to find their way. Mid season 2 through mid season 3 is just amazing, imo. Keep us updated on your progress in the Fringe thread, would love to hear your thoughts (good or bad)

I was mixed on Fringe. I haven't rewatched it though since it first aired. For the first season it really felt like an X-Files rip off to me but then it found its own legs. A bunch of payoff didn't do much for me. The fact that it didn't makes sense to me now that I know Jar Jar better. He's not a finisher. Fringe probably had the best finish though of any of his stuff.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started with Dark on Netflix. Great acting in it and very intricate plot so far..

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I've reached the end of the streaming world - can't find anything worth watching... sigh.

Have you tried the Mentalist? Not that it's like either show but I'd think it would hold up well for someone that likes both Bones and Chuck. Since you're okay with sci-fi, you could try Stargate-SG1 followed by the spinoffs of Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe. Or Doctor Who. Or Lucifer. Of course there's always Buffy the Vampire Slayer, even if it's an old favorite it still re-watches well.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching Dark on Netflix. Just finished Season 1. The acting is superb and the filmography is fantastic. It's English dubbed from German but that doesn't remove anything from the series.

Stout

Reaction score
Watching Dark on Netflix. Just finished Season 1. The acting is superb and the filmography is fantastic. It's English dubbed from German but that doesn't remove anything from the series.

Ooh, turn that dubbed crap off and watch with English subtitles. I can't even contemplate watching anything dubbed these days.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score

I've watched the first 3 episodes - so far, I'm liking it. Even if some of the premises seem outlandish. Getting pregnant and giving birth to an almost adult-sized baby in a couple of hours? Ok ... gonna roll with it, lol.

OP
OP
Town Drunk

Town Drunk

Reaction score
I need a new action or drama series to watch. Any recommendations? Was thinking of picking up Into the Badlands again or possibly starting The Last Kingdom.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in desperate need of something good... bad!

OP
OP
Town Drunk

Town Drunk

Reaction score
Seconded. Great books and great show. I'll second Discovery of Witches but, fair warning, it is romance-drama HEAVY. And I was only able to watch season 1 for free, which was a bummer.

Couldnt get past the first ten minutes of the shaky camera...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Seconded. Great books and great show. I'll second Discovery of Witches but, fair warning, it is romance-drama HEAVY. And I was only able to watch season 1 for free, which was a bummer.
Season 2 was very interesting and different. Yes a lot of romance and it probably is similar to Outlander, but there were enough interesting ideas to hold my interest.

Stout

Reaction score
Season 2 was very interesting and different. Yes a lot of romance and it probably is similar to Outlander, but there were enough interesting ideas to hold my interest.

About how I viewed Season 1. Man, I wanted to like Outlander, but I couldn't stand it. I remember not liking how they told the story, but also her running around way-back Scotland mouthing off like a modern woman and not getting the consequences was just awful.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
About how I viewed Season 1. Man, I wanted to like Outlander, but I couldn't stand it. I remember not liking how they told the story, but also her running around way-back Scotland mouthing off like a modern woman and not getting the consequences was just awful.
They avoid that in season 2. The story is actually quite interesting, and it’s a masterclass in casting. The British filmmakers are so good at casting the right looks for their actors.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are watching a show on Amazon Prime now I think it's IMDB tv not sure. It's Russian with Subtitles called Island of the Unwanted.

16 episodes. It's clearly based on Lost, there's not the mythology and stuff of Lost but it's clearly an attempt to capture some of that show.

The premise is a group of Russians who mostly don't know each other travel to Asia for a trip and wind up in a boat that crashes and sinks and they wind up on this island. Then like Lost they do a bunch of flashbacks to off the island where you realize basically all of these people are somehow interconnected.

The language is very difficult you can't look away or you miss because Russians speak VERY fast especially when excited. And there's some really weird stuff where people in Indonesia are speaking their language and it's then dubbed in Russian while you are reading English subtitles. But we actually like it. It's a show I really wish someone would dub into English. We're not done with it yet I think we have 2-3 episodes left but it is an interesting show.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose