What I Saw

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
They forgot what Edmonds does best. No short passes to him in the first half.

Keim failed to get a CB at the deadline. Now he’ll try to draft one, but it may cost him the NFC West.

Why is Steveler the backup QB if he can’t sneak for 6 inches?

How many times did the Cards run up the middle on 2nd & 7?

Never let the game come down to a long kick to tie!

One thing for certain, the NFC West is a only a slightly above average conference.

The defense was hapless. Peterson didn’t get beat deep but his I’ll-timed attempt to make a heroic interception contributed to the loss. He let the drives keep moving. The blitzes failed to contain Tua. Tua played a great game but the Cards needed to pressure him more. Only rushing 4 typically didn’t work. Baker had a weak game. He probably should have been used more in coverage.

Once again an offensive game plan with little creativity. They scored 30+ points but not enough to overcome the 10 the points offense gave away. They have no idea how to run a 2 minute drill. Last game’s success looks more like good fortune.

Isabella was brutal. He needs to be benched and to have to earn his way back to the field in practice. If he gets back to the field and fails, he should be released.

Nice to see Williams back in there.

The Cards are still looking like a team trying to sneak into the playoffs despite the expansion.

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
The second I saw Zane trot out for the game tying FG is the second I knew we lost. Dude is awful from any range beyond 45 yards. The announcers jinxed us all game long.
Scratch that. The second I knew we were gonna lose is when the announcers opened the game by saying that the Dolphins hadn't beaten us in Phoenix since '96.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Can we just put this to rest? You can do that with so many draft picks in drafts every year. Every year.
The issue isn't necessarily that we didn't draft Metcalf specifically, but more so that we drafted someone that almost does nothing for us.

There are probably multiple players doing good things in the league that were drafted pretty close to that pick, but Metcalf is the one everyone brings up because he is a WR.

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The second I saw Zane trot out for the game tying FG is the second I knew we lost. Dude is awful from any range beyond 45 yards. The announcers jinxed us all game long.

Yeah, those darn announcers jinx us all the time. :rolleyes:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Welcome to Earth my homies!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The issue isn't necessarily that we didn't draft Metcalf specifically, but more so that we drafted someone that almost does nothing for us.

There are probably multiple players doing good things in the league that were drafted pretty close to that pick, but Metcalf is the one everyone brings up because he is a WR.
Yeah we blew it. How about Brady, Montana and hundreds of other draft picks that were passed over? Time to move on. Keim's drafts are not stellar.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They forgot what Edmonds does best. No short passes to him in the first half.

Keim failed to get a CB at the deadline. Now he’ll try to draft one, but it may cost him the NFC West.

Why is Steveler the backup QB if he can’t sneak for 6 inches?

How many times did the Cards run up the middle on 2nd & 7?

Never let the game come down to a long kick to tie!

One thing for certain, the NFC West is a only a slightly above average conference.

The defense was hapless. Peterson didn’t get beat deep but his I’ll-timed attempt to make a heroic interception contributed to the loss. He let the drives keep moving. The blitzes failed to contain Tua. Tua played a great game but the Cards needed to pressure him more. Only rushing 4 typically didn’t work. Baker had a weak game. He probably should have been used more in coverage.

Once again an offensive game plan with little creativity. They scored 30+ points but not enough to overcome the 10 the points offense gave away. They have no idea how to run a 2 minute drill. Last game’s success looks more like good fortune.

Isabella was brutal. He needs to be benched and to have to earn his way back to the field in practice. If he gets back to the field and fails, he should be released.

Nice to see Williams back in there.

The Cards are still looking like a team trying to sneak into the playoffs despite the expansion.

Offense offense offense and more offense.

our offense didn’t cost us this game. How many damn points do we need to score.

I saw a ROOKIE QB March up and down on this defense all damn day.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many reasons for loss. The biggest one is a turnover for a td.
Penalties. We literally gave them the equivalent of 6 or 7 first downs.
4th down calls. Here’s the thing. You could go for it 100 times but fail one time and you’re stupid. I was praying we would play action to the TE on our last 4th down attempt.

Good teams struggle at times. Great teams overcome it. We are not a great team. The good news is there aren’t too many great teams in this league.

The Seahawks got shellacked today. I believe the have allowed the most points in the league. The Steelers were pushed to the wall against by one of the worst teams in the league.

I feel bad about this one but I don’t feel despair. Just about any team in this league can beat any other team on any given Sunday.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At some point people have to expect that the opposing team, no matter their record, is still an NFL team.
You are so right. Many will translate this loss as a team not ready for prime time. Maybe we’re not. But in 3 or 4 weeks we may.

Welcome to today’s NFL.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Isabella over DK is an absolute crime on Steve Keim's draft watch. Gonna hurt us for years.

For some reason this is a very controversial opinion around here.

Be prepared to be shouted down and told you are living in the past even though Isabella is currently on the roster doing nothing meanwhile Metcalf is killing the league week in and week out.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Be prepared to be shouted down and told you are living in the past even though Isabella is currently on the roster doing nothing meanwhile Metcalf is killing the league week in and week out.
You aren't living in the past if you criticize AI, but you are living in the past if you keep bringing up DK.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I am going to make this simple. Yes, questionable time management calls by Kliff but when you drop thirty points on what is a good defense, your defense has no excuse. To be fair Vance did not have the horses today in the secondary, and that basically means the best team won

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am going to make this simple. Yes, questionable time management calls by Kliff but when you drop thirty points on what is a good defense, your defense has no excuse. To be fair Vance did not have the horses today in the secondary, and that basically means the best team won
Eh the dolphins were missing all their running backs, a wr, and lost a wr mid game and they won. Vance gets no pass from me.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Eh the dolphins were missing all their running backs, a wr, and lost a wr mid game and they won. Vance gets no pass from me.

That's fair but I am not going to blame offensive calling or even the time management, and that added perspective falls on the defense... I still do not know why we do not send blitzes and stick to man in accord with your point

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Nah, you just keep whining & complaining about something for the millionth time & act like we’re Gods & can go back & change what happened, lol.

You clearly need to start acting like a grown man.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Nah, you just keep whining & complaining about something for the millionth time & act like we’re Gods & can go back & change what happened, lol.

You clearly need to start acting like a grown man.
I think, this is not as much about not drafting Metcalf, who obviously fell due to concerns which all the teams in the initial rounds verify, but the act of drafting a small school speed guy so early who is no John Brown when we could drafted a myriad of other guys

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose