What I Saw

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
You aren't living in the past if you criticize AI, but you are living in the past if you keep bringing up DK.

Got it. Ok so if I say:

“Boy Isabella really sucks. Like legit does he even belong on an NFL field type of suckage.”

And then...

“Oh, on a completely unrelated topic, has anyone happened to notice what this guy DK Metcalf is doing every week? Woah!”

Does that qualify me as not “living in the past”??

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think, this is not as much about not drafting Metcalf who obviously fell due to concerns which all the teams in the initial rounds verify but the act of drafting a small school speed guy so early who is no John Brown when we could drafted a myriad of other guys
Nah, this dude clearly wants all of us to cry & complain with him every single day when it comes to Isabella vs Metcalf, lol. Look at his post history.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Got it. Ok so if I say:

“Boy Isabella really sucks. Like legit does he even belong on an NFL field type of suckage.”

And then...

“Oh, on a completely unrelated topic, has anyone happened to notice what this guy DK Metcalf is doing every week? Woah!”

Does that qualify me as not “living in the past”??
It's living in the past when every time AI plays poorly or DK plays well you use it as an opportunity to say "see, we should have drafted DK instead of AI".

It does no one any good to harp on past mistakes when things aren't going well in the present.

Of course you are welcome to live in the past if you want, but some people who would rather look forward are going to voice their displeasure on the topic constantly coming back up.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Nah, you just keep whining & complaining about something for the millionth time & act like we’re Gods & can go back & change what happened, lol.

You clearly need to start acting like a grown man.

I didn’t know football message board posts were somehow now a measurement of manhood but I suppose that sounds about right for 2020

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn’t know football message board posts were somehow now a measurement of manhood but I suppose that sounds about right for 2020
You stopped crying about it for a post. There you go. Baby steps, baby steps.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's fair but I am not going to blame offensive calling or even the time management, and that added perspective falls on the defense... I still do not know why we do not send blitzes and stick to man in accord with your point
Because Tua would burn them with those practice-squad cb’s on a island. He showed he had a quick release, good decision making and made quick reads

Wanderer

Veteran
Reaction score
I am concerned about the defense. I know there were 2 CBs out, but that was a bad game.

The ILBs were just picked on. It is time to just let Simmons role and live with the mistakes. He is the only hope of a bug defensive jump mid season.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
It's living in the past when every time AI plays poorly or DK plays well you use it as an opportunity to say "see, we should have drafted DK instead of AI".

It does no one any good to harp on past mistakes when things aren't going well in the present.

Of course you are welcome to live in the past if you want, but some people who would rather look forward are going to voice their displeasure on the topic constantly coming back up.

No one is living in the past. It’s about looking at what guys are doing right now. Like, TODAY. Isabella had a horrid game. Could I stop there, yea I could.

Guess what though? There is more to the story. A monster that was taken a couple picks later by a division rival continues to absolutely kill it.

I’ll continue to throw that out there to further accentuate the first point. Trust me, I know it stings. Like I’ve said before though, until something happens with the first part of the equation the second part will always be there whether you want to be reminded about it or not.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The fact that it happens every single week should be all the more reason to bring it up.

No one is living in the past. It’s about looking at what guys are doing right now. Like, TODAY. Isabella had a horrid game. Could I stop there, yea I could.

Guess what though? There is more to the story. A monster that was taken a couple picks later by a division rival continues to absolutely kill it.

I’ll continue to throw that out there to further accentuate the first point. Trust me, I know it stings. Like I’ve said before though, until something happens with the first part of the equation the second part will always be there whether you want to be reminded about it or not.
Everything you said is precisely "living in the past". It's seeing someone who was a mistake and using that as an opportunity to say "we should have done this instead". That is basically the definition of living in the past.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Everything you said is precisely "living in the past". It's seeing someone who was a mistake and using that as an opportunity to say "we should have done this instead". That is basically the definition of living in the past.

What we should have done is obvious.

What happened TODAY is also obvious.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The D scheme is still horrid even though missing a few heist today. It’s not like they were much better full strength, constantly having wrs wide open is a terrible scheme! How many long 3rd downs does this D give up, it seems a crazy amount. We have gotten some lucky red zone D that has saved our asses way too much. And at this point Simmons not being play more is an absolute joke, he simply cannot be worse that what’s being fielded. He won the damn Seattle game for us? That still doesn’t buy him some damn playing time?

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m okay with beating on Joseph. Clearly his blitz scheme fell apart again. It was especially poor as the secondary might as well have always played man. They couldn’t cover anyway.

Still the offense could have outscored the Fins. The problem isn’t Isabella played poorly (not for the first time) but rather he was the target for a critical 3rd down. With 2 of the best possession receivers in NFL history, he’s the call!

The Murray fumble wasn’t the only time he carried the ball recklessly. Again is there any real discipline being exercised? This is not an advanced QB issue, especially for a QB who runs often.

Then there’s the use of Edmonds. He has never claimed to be a power back who excels at running between the tackles. Keim had time to adjust but didn’t. The same is true of the CB weakness. Are they committed to making the playoffs or cutting costs for the expected lower cap. Where was Steveler? The only way it makes sense to have him as the backup is if KK’s going Wildcat. Otherwise Hundley is a better all around backup.

Where’s the creative offense? No jet sweeps, which would seem to suit Edmonds. No complex pass patterns even though Murray often had time. No roll out passing patterns or two man games; very vanilla.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once again an offensive game plan with little creativity. They scored 30+ points but not enough to overcome the 10 the points offense gave away. They have no idea how to run a 2 minute drill. Last game’s success looks more like good fortune.

Isabella was brutal. He needs to be benched and to have to earn his way back to the field in practice. If he gets back to the field and fails, he should be released.

This is what concerns me the most. The Cardinals had better talent but got out coached. Isabella has to know where the sticks are. Where is the accountability? Then Kliff calls a timeout after Isabella blows the first down, thus giving the Dolphins offense more time. Contrast that with the Dolphins who run a textbook 2 minute drill and steal 3 points at the end of the half. FRUSTRATING!!!!

Reaction score
This is what concerns me the most. The Cardinals had better talent but got out coached. Isabella has to know where the sticks are. Where is the accountability? Then Kliff calls a timeout after Isabella blows the first down, thus giving the Dolphins offense more time. Contrast that with the Dolphins who run a textbook 2 minute drill and steal 3 points at the end of the half. FRUSTRATING!!!!

It shows the difference in NFL coaching experience between KK & Flores. It's K2's second year coaching in the NFL vs Flores' 16th year. I think K2 is doing pretty good for only having coached 1.5 years in the NFL. There's a big difference between the NFL & college. K2 will get better with time & I hope we hang on to him.