The Trade Deadline

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So now that Ive taken time to look at Evan Engram...I think I wouldn't offer more than a 5th. The guy has injury concerns, and his productions has gone down every year.

JJ Watt is the one that intrigues me the most...but I honestly think the DHOP trade works against us. Houston doesnt want to give us their other franchise players.

That being said, Watt is still an impact player. If he can stay healthy, he helps get us to the playoffs. His contract is huge, and I doubt Houston would take less than a 2nd or 3rd....so it would really need to be a "win now" type of move.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo says no more trades are likely. He usually has pretty good sources so I tend to believe him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd send a 7th for Everson Griffin. I fancy he gets cut anyway but at least it ties him up. Has 3m left due this year.

Even with Golden it's still a weak room. Griffin, Golden, Reddick and Kennard would give us a chance and keep guys fresh for late in the game.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Do the Cardinals not take advantage of this time off to adapt another RB into the offense. Look, I luv some Chase Edmunds but this is the time to think proactive and get another vet without putting all your chips on Eno and Foster if Chase can't be a every down back due to possible injury and frankly you need someone to spell him... me no thinky Drake will be an option for a while

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Do the Cardinals not take advantage of this time off to adapt another RB into the offense. Look, I luv some Chase Edmunds but this is the time to think proactive and get another vet without putting all your chips on Eno and Foster if Chase can't be a every down back due to possible injury and frankly you need someone to spell him... me no thinky Drake will be an option for a while

Plus I dont think he will be a high priority free agent. We have seen Edmonds do well in this offense, although in a more limited role.

I would give Eno a shot no matter what. On paper he does a lot of what we want to do well.

I might look at bringing in another vet that could theoretically carry a large load if need be. Maybe Lamar Miller? Someone who has been a feature back before?

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
We are already down our 4th (Hopkins) and 6th (Golden) round picks this year right? Do we have any coming back in? I don't anticipate them using anymore and leaving our draft cupboard completely bare.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We are already down our 4th (Hopkins) and 6th (Golden) round picks this year right? Do we have any coming back in? I don't anticipate them using anymore and leaving our draft cupboard completely bare.

I agree to an extent, but if there were a draft to do it in, this is it. A lot of players will be being judged on tape from last year, and these guys will have sat out an entire year. I think those mid round type guys are going to be hard to judge.

This year, I would be up for trading most draft picks depending on the deal. If Q Williams is actually availble, I would trade our 1st for him. Certainly a 2nd and 3rd.

There isn't going to be a D-Lineman any better/younger in our section of the draft. Think of it this way...in 2019...would we have traded a future 1st (2 years down the road..in the 20's+) for the #3 pick in the draft? I think Williams is actually pretty good, but Im not willing to put much stock into his time with the Jets.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Burkhead from NE is pretty good and might be available. Not a super star, but could be a nice addition, even when Drake returns.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus I dont think he will be a high priority free agent. We have seen Edmonds do well in this offense, although in a more limited role.

I would give Eno a shot no matter what. On paper he does a lot of what we want to do well.

I might look at bringing in another vet that could theoretically carry a large load if need be. Maybe Lamar Miller? Someone who has been a feature back before?

in college Eno ran between the tackles pretty well. So the argument that he's a good backup to edmonds has some merit, he's quick he is strong for his size, and he was a pretty good receiver in college. But he's totally untested, can he pass block and again who is the short yardage guy?

He's more similar to Chase than Drake so there's some continuity there although I think Chase is more elusive and more explosive.

I expect we'll try to find a veteran who can push a pile, maybe even a guy like Peyton Barber in Washington. Gibson had a big game last week, they still have Bryce Love rehabbing had a setback with swelling in the knee but they may be in a position they could move Barber for a late round pick, he's nothing special but he's a short yardage guy

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Detroit has a plethora of RB's including AP, Kerryon Johnson, and Bo Scarbrough.

Don't forget about Jonathon Ward...he was activated over Eno already this year (bigger RB).

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Call and offer them our 1st rounder. Right now it is looking like it will be in the 20's. This draft is a crapshoot with all the players sitting out. Quinnen Williams is getting better, despite being on one of the worst teams ever. He has already surpassed his numbers from last year, and IMO will be much better on a better overall defense.

Yes...our 1st round pick COULD turn out to be a starter, but IMO you go with the known quantity. He's only 22. He has some NFL experience, and he has a lot of untapped potential still in there.

Think of a future D Line of Lawrence, Fetu, Williams. Huge, strong against the run, frees up our LB's by commanding double teams, and with enough burst to push the pocket

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rich Cimini
ESPN Staff Writer

Rumors are rampant with the Nov. 3 trading deadline fast approaching. DT Quinnen Williams has come up in speculation, but he's not being shopped by the Jets, per league source. Will they get calls on Williams? Yes. They did last year. Would they trade him for the right package? Yes, I think they would consider anything. That's how Jamal Adams got traded. But it's wrong to say they're actively looking to deal Williams.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

Compensatory pick?

I think we were in line for a compensatory 7th until the Jags cut Cassius Marsh and Rodney Gunter retired. Think we're even now - Lost two and gained two. No comp picks this years. But if Marsh being on Indy's roster counts, maybe we still get the 7th.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What would you trade for Quinnen considering he's 23 and the Jets already paid him a bunch in G money?

Let's start off by saying draft picks are an unknown, look at Simmons so far, and especially draft picks past he 3rd round.

I'll start the ball rolling.

I'd give up next years 1st for Quinnen.

Next years draft is more of crap shoot than normal with the weird college season and opt outs. Quinnen has 2 years on his rookie deal plus a 5th year option. I think he's a much safer pick than someone in the draft.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Call and offer them our 1st rounder. Right now it is looking like it will be in the 20's. This draft is a crapshoot with all the players sitting out. Quinnen Williams is getting better, despite being on one of the worst teams ever. He has already surpassed his numbers from last year, and IMO will be much better on a better overall defense.

Yes...our 1st round pick COULD turn out to be a starter, but IMO you go with the known quantity. He's only 22. He has some NFL experience, and he has a lot of untapped potential still in there.

Think of a future D Line of Lawrence, Fetu, Williams. Huge, strong against the run, frees up our LB's by commanding double teams, and with enough burst to push the pocket
Its the Jets so I would still pressure them into taking a 2nd round pick..

However, your logic does make sense. Assuming the team still believes Williams is capable of living up to his draft hype.