The Trade Deadline

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Its the Jets so I would still pressure them into taking a 2nd round pick..

However, your logic does make sense. Assuming the team still believes Williams is capable of living up to his draft hype.
Gotta hope that he can help our DL, the way he helped the Jets.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would like to only give up a second rounder, but a late first is still good value for a former #3 overall pick. We need to start rebuilding the defense anyway and a young guy who can help us make a playoff push this year is a plus.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is someone we should be looking at

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He's having a down year. He has a 61 PFF grade and got roasted by DK.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's having a down year. He has a 61 PFF grade and got roasted by DK.

Rough times come for every players but this guy would put Arizona in contention, another one is ryan Poole, would be a huge addition and less costly

Last edited:

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What would you trade for Quinnen considering he's 23 and the Jets already paid him a bunch in G money?

Let's start off by saying draft picks are an unknown, look at Simmons so far, and especially draft picks past he 3rd round.

I'll start the ball rolling.

I'd give up next years 1st for Quinnen.

Next years draft is more of crap shoot than normal with the weird college season and opt outs. Quinnen has 2 years on his rookie deal plus a 5th year option. I think he's a much safer pick than someone in the draft.

Id give up a first all day long. We are not getting a better D-Lineman than Williams in the draft. Its not our #1 area of concern, but its an area that needs young talent. Offer them a 2nd and 3rd to start. Then we could trade down and recoup some picks...but if it takes a 1st I would do it.

We clearly scouted him a lot as he was in the hunt for #1 overall pick. A lot of people liked him better than Bosa for various reasons.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Right now if I'm Keim Im calling about 3 guys.

Q Williams -Willing to offer up to a 1st because he becomes a cornerstone type guy.

John Ross - Willing to trade a 5th rounder for a speedster that hopefully brings more to the table than Isabella. We get to try him out this year and see if we are interested in picking up his 5th year option. If he hits here and stays healthy he brings a new dimension to this offense.

Even Engram - willing to offer a 5th, hoping a change of scenery is good for him. At the very least, I think he is more talented that the TEs we threw out there on Sunday Night. He could form a nice duo with Maxx Williams if he works out.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Q Williams -Willing to offer up to a 1st because he becomes a cornerstone type guy.

John Ross - Willing to trade a 5th rounder for a speedster that hopefully brings more to the table than Isabella. We get to try him out this year and see if we are interested in picking up his 5th year option. If he hits here and stays healthy he brings a new dimension to this offense.

Even Engram - willing to offer a 5th, hoping a change of scenery is good for him. At the very least, I think he is more talented that the TEs we threw out there on Sunday Night. He could form a nice duo with Maxx Williams if he works out.

Have to be prudent about our draft picks. We only have five ATM (maybe we get a good one for Reddick). I'd consider a 2nd next year and a 3rd in 2022 for Q. Williams. Others? Nope.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Have to be prudent about our draft picks. We only have five ATM (maybe we get a good one for Reddick). I'd consider a 2nd next year and a 3rd in 2022 for Q. Williams. Others? Nope.

I get your point, but Im not concerned with a 4th or later pick in this next years draft. I think those players are going to be hard to judge, and will be lucky to beat out anyone currently on our roster. I would rather have proven NFL guys.....even if you can argue that Ross and Engram haven't proven much.

Other than the rookies being on cheaper deals, I would prefer we invest in more proven players while our playoff window is open.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I get your point, but Im not concerned with a 4th or later pick in this next years draft. I think those players are going to be hard to judge, and will be lucky to beat out anyone currently on our roster. I would rather have proven NFL guys.....even if you can argue that Ross and Engram haven't proven much.

Other than the rookies being on cheaper deals, I would prefer we invest in more proven players while our playoff window is open.

John Ross has 700 yards receiving in his four year career. Engram is not much more productive than any of the TEs we have on the roster. None of which merit giving up draft capital to acquire. Golden for a sixth made sense because of our lack of pass rushers, which I'd argue is far more important than a 2nd string TE or WR4 or WR5.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
John Ross has 700 yards receiving in his four year career. Engram is not much more productive than any of the TEs we have on the roster. None of which merit giving up draft capital to acquire. Golden for a sixth made sense because of our lack of pass rushers, which I'd argue is far more important than a 2nd string TE or WR4 or WR5.

Id take either one of those guys for a 5th. The potential was there to be drafted in the 1st round. Both have had injury issues. I would rather take a shot on a guy re energizing his career or facing being out of the league than I would let keim draft a 5th round rookie who didnt play for over a year.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
At this point, the same reason why I once wanted to trade Reddick because he was a non factor, Reddick is a different player now because he's a factor and would not want to trade him

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

A TE who can catch like Arnold and block which Arnold can't do.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
A #2 for Quinnen Williams would be stealing.
He’d be the best DT in this draft or the next one.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A #2 for Quinnen Williams would be stealing.
He’d be the best DT in this draft or the next one.

I think we'd have to offer a 1.

I'd offer a 1st if we could swap a 4th or 5th.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trader Keim won't.

Probably not. I would though.

Keim does know more about trading that I do. I'd argue I know as much or more about drafting that he does though.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
It’s the Jets so you never know but I can’t see them giving up Williams for a 2nd round pick. I think if that’s all they were asking in return they would have got it by now.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put the argument in a CV. There's a really good, fun, paying job waiting for you.

Skills:

Do not consistently blow first round draft picks.
Do not overdraft players from small schools.
Do not have a low success rate signing drafted players to 2nd contracts.

I could go on, but there isn't much of a need. If Keim drafted using mock drafts, we'd be a much better team.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Skills:

Do not consistently blow first round draft picks.
Do not overdraft players from small schools.
Do not have a low success rate signing drafted players to 2nd contracts.

I could go on, but there isn't much of a need. If Keim drafted using mock drafts, we'd be a much better team.

When you sit down for the interview I'd avoid mentioning that you'll base your recommendations on "mock" drafts and not the work done by your scouting team. ;)