The Trade Deadline

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Ummmm, with Jones done, Reddick is one of our most important defensive players now. Ship him off and we are starting people off the street at olb. No thanks.

this will be a weird offseason coming up, but its conceivable that if Reddick flashes, some team will pay up for him, and the Cards end up with a 3rd or 4th or 5th round comp pick......

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I’m not convinced Ertz is that much better than what we have at tight end now and I don’t want to trade an OLB after losing chandler.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've entered an alternate reality where people think Reddick is worth keeping because he hasn't been total garbage playing about 40% of snaps and that either Ertz is cooked because he's been the only healthy receiving option and Wentz has been bad, or that Arnold with his 2 catches a game is somehow on the same level.

Reddick isn't going to get snaps at bang linebacker. He's always going to play Sam in rotation because he's finally learnt one role and Vance like to drop him into coverage. So makes no difference Jones being out.

As a player Reddick isn't fit to clean Ertz cleats.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I argue that Ertz is still better as a player than Reddick and helping Kyler with another vet offensive player would be better overall. Despite what those on the board think, Ertz is better than any TE on our roster and he can still win one-on-one matchups. He is struggling in Phily because teams are playing heavy inside and forcing WEntz to throw the ball vertically to the edges.

I would rather see more of GArdeck and Fitts and Simmons at OLB over REddick.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Watching Lamar today...ugh. Feel like he hasn't progressed as a passer this offseason like he did last offseason.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
David njoku asked for a trade, freak athlete TE but production hasn't matched his skill yet.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only reasonable trade should be for a pass rusher or cornerback
Tigh ends aren't even involved much as receivers so I think this guy has no clue about the Cardinals team if he put a trade proposal regarding a tigh end like ertz

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think a good trade candidate would be John Ross from the Bengals. He asked for a trade. He could likely be had for a 6th or 7th rounder.

he’s shown flashes but has battled injuries. He could be the guy to stretch the defense and was a top 10 pick.
He’d be a huge upgrade over Isabella as the guy over the top because he actually has athletic ability when on the run and can make a play on the ball.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think a good trade candidate would be John Ross from the Bengals. He asked for a trade. He could likely be had for a 6th or 7th rounder.

he’s shown flashes but has battled injuries. He could be the guy to stretch the defense and was a top 10 pick.
He’d be a huge upgrade over Isabella as the guy over the top because he actually has athletic ability when on the run and can make a play on the ball.
]\

Last year of his rookie deal and his CAP hit won't be small. I say nay nay.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

John Ross sucks.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
You may recall last year I correctly anticipated a busy trade deadline. This year I’ve asked around and scouts are again being asked for more evaluations than 2018 and back. They are saying they think the current crisis will mute some of the activity. However, they are expecting movement. Several teams feel a major financial crisis will impact next year’s cap, so they’re cautious about adding payroll obligations. Others seem highly motivated to get rid of payroll. Most feel teams will be looking for situational fixes instead of long term deals. A few of those long term obligations may happen but most trades will be bandaids aimed at making the 2020 playoffs.

From the Cards point of view I’d think they should be looking for pass rushing help. That category will be in short supply. However I feel a pass rushing threat to offset the loss of Jones is needed. The WFT has replaced
DE Ryan Kerrigan with Chase Young. Admittedly Kerrigan has played more 4-3, but coming out he was viewed as a potential OLB. He couldn’t play every down at OLB but in passing situations he could put his hand on the ground and be very effective. The Cards might use some 4-3 sets as previous DCs have done. I think he could play the WLB spot with some work. He’ll likely go for a fourth or fifth round pick.

Kerrigan has a great motor, being relentless in pursuit of the QB. He’s a solid locker room presence and would add another veteran voice. He’s motivated to prove he can still be an impact player so he’s the kind of guy who could make a solid short term contribution.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You may recall last year I correctly anticipated a busy trade deadline. This year I’ve asked around and scouts are again being asked for more evaluations than 2018 and back. They are saying they think the current crisis will mute some of the activity. However, they are expecting movement. Several teams feel a major financial crisis will impact next year’s cap, so they’re cautious about adding payroll obligations. Others seem highly motivated to get rid of payroll. Most feel teams will be looking for situational fixes instead of long term deals. A few of those long term obligations may happen but most trades will be bandaids aimed at making the 2020 playoffs.

From the Cards point of view I’d think they should be looking for pass rushing help. That category will be in short supply. However I feel a pass rushing threat to offset the loss of Jones is needed. The WFT has replaced
DE Ryan Kerrigan with Chase Young. Admittedly Kerrigan has played more 4-3, but coming out he was viewed as a potential OLB. He couldn’t play every down at OLB but in passing situations he could put his hand on the ground and be very effective. The Cards might use some 4-3 sets as previous DCs have done. I think he could play the WLB spot with some work. He’ll likely go for a fourth or fifth round pick.

Kerrigan has a great motor, being relentless in pursuit of the QB. He’s a solid locker room presence and would add another veteran voice. He’s motivated to prove he can still be an impact player so he’s the kind of guy who could make a solid short term contribution.

The NFC East is still in play.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The NFC East is still in play.

Kerrigan played something like 7 snaps on Sunday, and he's healthy. He's on the outs.

Another option would be Everson Griffin, who is likely to be cut when Gregory is activated. He's not been playing well at Dallas, is he just a bad fit on a bad defense or is he cooked?