The Trade Deadline

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if we made a move. I think Keim already tipped his hand saying that teams are coveting draft picks this year due to the salary cap going down.

We defintely won't be trading any of our picks away. If someone wants Reddick though for example, I could see is getting a pick back.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if we made a move. I think Keim already tipped his hand saying that teams are coveting draft picks this year due to the salary cap going down.

Kerrigan is a FA next year

when asked about a trade for Zach Ertz, TE -- he asked "can he rush the passer?"

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kerrigan is a FA next year

when asked about a trade for Zach Ertz, TE -- he asked "can he rush the passer?"

Yep, I remember the quote. It was the same article wher he essentially said he wanted to hold on to his valuable draft picks.

I could see a Reddick and lower pick for a player swap. There is no chance he trades a pick higher than 3 this year before the deadline.

football karma

Reaction score
There is no chance he trades a pick higher than 3 this year before the deadline.

I dont think a 10 game rental for Ryan Kerrigan would cost a 3rd

5th? 6th?

i think the bigger challenge in making a deal is that the WFT is a game out of first place at 1-5.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any chance that the Cardinals trade Patrick Peterson for draft picks before the deadline?

If the weren't going to trade him last year when they were offered a 1st, there is little chance IMO he gets traded this year. His value has gone down and the Cards probably won't want less than a 1st.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moving on from Peterson and Reddick when were in a hunt for the playoffs.

Yup! that's the ticket!

yeah, even as someone not enamored of PP anymore, that doesn’t make sense to me.

and trading away Reddick, one of our only pass rushers for another doesn’t make much sense unless we’re talking BIG upgrade but I don’t see how that’s possible.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kerrigan cost say a 4th, he could fetch a 4th-round comp pick when he leaves as a free agent so it would be close to a wash. On the other hand, the WFT knows this and could just hang on to him and receive the pick at the end of the season, rather than selling low now... thus, it inflates the cost of landing him now.

...dbs

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Ross is supposedly healthy now and that has been his big bugaboo. I'm talking like a 7th rounder for him. He's the type of player the Cards WR corps needs. He would not coming in to be a #1 or #2 but a deep threat to stretch the defense.

Also, I thought he was on the last year of his rookie contract.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think a good trade candidate would be John Ross from the Bengals. He asked for a trade. He could likely be had for a 6th or 7th rounder.

he’s shown flashes but has battled injuries. He could be the guy to stretch the defense and was a top 10 pick.
He’d be a huge upgrade over Isabella as the guy over the top because he actually has athletic ability when on the run and can make a play on the ball.
Isabella does most of his work taking 2 guys with him. He alone...besides Kirk's great catch...is the reason for that play. Isabella in 1 more year is gonna be special imo

football karma

Reaction score
while not directly Cards related:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

so the Vikings traded back from what likely is the top half of round 2 to the bottom half of round 3 for 6 games of Yannik.

also - i think this put any long-shot Ertz speculation to bed

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I always thought Ngakoue was over rated and didn't like us being connected to him. He did ok on a stacked Jags D line but still only averaged around 10 sacks per. I'm sure he will do well at the Ravens as they also have a good D line.

Vikings turned a high 2nd into a low 3rd for 6 average games.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The trades that make any sense for our team are guys that we would want to resign. We are not good enough to bring in try out guys to try and put us over the edge.

I dont see many of these types of guys available right now, so I think we will end up being sellers if anything.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. If we are not planning to resign PP21, then we should be looking to trade him. We could still get a decent return just based on name and reputation.

If we want to resign him, or are at least trying to...then fine, we are a better team with him than without right now. If negotiations have stalled, or he has said he wants to be a FA..then we should be shopping him to a contender for a young player and pick.

football karma

Reaction score
so I think we will end up being sellers if anything.

the team is in a playoff spot right now. why would it be a seller??

and, if the team doesnt sign PP next offseason, he likely turns into a comp pick anyway.

you arent getting a giant return for a 9 or 10 game rental of PP

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
the team is in a playoff spot right now. why would it be a seller??

and, if the team doesnt sign PP next offseason, he likely turns into a comp pick anyway.

you arent getting a giant return for a 9 or 10 game rental of PP

I said if anything...meaning I think we could do nothing as well.

I think we could still get a late 2nd early 3rd for Peterson. His name carries weight, and if the team thinks they can resign him then it might be worth it to them to increase their chances this year.

I don't know, I am very torn as to weakening our own chances this year because there is a chance we will be in the playoff hunt...but I also see us fizzling out and being stuck watching Peterson walk for nothing. The comp pick will change based on who we replace him with. If we trade him, we get that pick not matter what other moves we might make.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
I said if anything...meaning I think we could do nothing as well.

I think we could still get a late 2nd early 3rd for Peterson. His name carries weight, and if the team thinks they can resign him then it might be worth it to them to increase their chances this year.

I don't know, I am very torn as to weakening our own chances this year because there is a chance we will be in the playoff hunt...but I also see us fizzling out and being stuck watching Peterson walk for nothing. The comp pick will change based on who we replace him with. If we trade him, we get that pick not matter what other moves we might make.
Good grief. Can these stop. Why not trade baker away, we could get 1st.

We are a playoff team. Peterson is playing at an all pro level. We have a couple more years before we have to pay Murry. Go all in on these next few years. Don't trade away a great CB.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good grief. Can these stop. Why not trade baker away, we could get 1st.

We are a playoff team. Peterson is playing at an all pro level. We have a couple more years before we have to pay Murry. Go all in on these next few years. Don't trade away a great CB.

It's apples and oranges. Baker is under contract and wants to be here. Peterson is going to be a FA and has asked for trades before.

I have my own opinion on whether or not we should resign pp21...but it's moot. If we are going to resign him, fine...do it. If we are not going to, you trade him. IMO you don't let a star player walk away for nothing but a comp pick.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Btw, I would have the same stance for any player that won't be on the team next year, and could bring something back of value.

If we are not bringing back Reddick....and get offered a 3rd rounder...I'm trading him. If we are planning to bring him back, then dont

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
It's apples and oranges. Baker is under contract and wants to be here. Peterson is going to be a FA and has asked for trades before.

I have my own opinion on whether or not we should resign pp21...but it's moot. If we are going to resign him, fine...do it. If we are not going to, you trade him. IMO you don't let a star player walk away for nothing but a comp pick.
We have a franchise tag available. Let focus on getting to the playoffs instead of trading one of the top CBs in the NFL to another team for a crapshoot draft pick.

We have been spoiled with a lockdown cb for about a decade.

Hardest positions to fill QB,LT, CB and pass rusher. We just lost jones. Why shoot ourselves in the foot by trading away any player, but especially an all pro cb.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Btw, I would have the same stance for any player that won't be on the team next year, and could bring something back of value.

If we are not bringing back Reddick....and get offered a 3rd rounder...I'm trading him. If we are planning to bring him back, then dont
With jones out, I don't see that happening. Reddick is tied for 12th in the NFL with 4 sacks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave