Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Is that the first confirmation that we were "very serious" about Brogdon? I don't remember.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jone remains hopeful Baynes and Oubre can play for the Suns in Orlando.

The interview with Jones is at the link below.

By Kevin Zimmerman of Arizona Sports:

Jones would not say whether Kelly Oubre Jr. or Aron Baynes will join their team on the court any time soon.

“We’re hopeful,” the GM said. “Every guy on this team wants to play and help the squad, and those guys have been great with their teammates. It’s a different environment … and to have two of your better players there cheering you on, it means a lot.

“It represents and it shows well in those tough moments. I hope we can get them to the point where they can play. Our focus is one game at a time and if we are fortunate enough to continue to have some success, we’re going to need them.”

https://arizonasports.com/story/234...-bubble-growth-in-deandre-ayton-suns-culture/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's also the first time I heard the Suns were seriously interested in Brogdon but a lot of posters on the forum liked the idea.

A combo guard is still something the Suns might pursue in the off season.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought there was a report during that free agency period that we made a strong pitch to Brogdon but he surprised us and chose Indiana instead, forcing us to go after Rubio?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I thought there was a report during that free agency period that we made a strong pitch to Brogdon but he surprised us and chose Indiana instead, forcing us to go after Rubio?
IIRC, he was always a heavy Indiana lean and Rubio thought he was a lock there. When Brogdon signed, it forces Rubio to go elsewhere

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Screw Draymond! He's been exposed over the last few years as a product of the system in Golden State. When Durant arrived and took the ball out of Draymond's hands more it became clear that Green was just a nice player and not the max level guy he thinks he is.

This season showed how Draymond Green can only get you pingpong balls when he doesn't have Steph and Klay out there with him. I hope Golden State struggles big time next year.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC, he was always a heavy Indiana lean and Rubio thought he was a lock there. When Brogdon signed, it forces Rubio to go elsewhere

I'm pretty sure there was a report that suggested we expected to get him and they downgraded our draft/FA signings because we had to settle for Rubio. I'm not the best internet searcher but I'll see what I can find.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

GS was a garbage perennial cellar dweller in the west for decades aside from a decent Run TMC team and the one year with Baron Davis where they upset the Mavs. They'd only have one title had they not been gifted KD with a huge one year cap increase. Their one title would have been over a Cavs team with an injured Love and Irving. Green's suspension cost them the title the following year.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
GS was a garbage perennial cellar dweller in the west for decades aside from a decent Run TMC team and the one year with Baron Davis where they upset the Mavs. They'd only have one title had they not been gifted KD with a huge one year cap increase. Their one title would have been over a Cavs team with an injured Love and Irving. Green's suspension cost them the title the following year.

They’ve won six titles as a franchise. Wouldn’t call them a perennial cellar dweller, though they’ve had some lean years between TMC and Curry

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Screw Draymond! He's been exposed over the last few years as a product of the system in Golden State. When Durant arrived and took the ball out of Draymond's hands more it became clear that Green was just a nice player and not the max level guy he thinks he is.

This season showed how Draymond Green can only get you pingpong balls when he doesn't have Steph and Klay out there with him. I hope Golden State struggles big time next year.

Green wasn’t overrated before KD got there. His impact on that first title team was legit and was pretty big in that team’s turnaround.

I think some of the comment was trying to get under Chuck’s skin but most of it was simply “look at me” behavior.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Green wasn’t overrated before KD got there. His impact on that first title team was legit and was pretty big in that team’s turnaround.

I think some of the comment was trying to get under Chuck’s skin but most of it was simply “look at me” behavior.

I didn't say he was overrated, I said he was more of a system player than anyone realized at the time. I guess some said he'd fail elsewhere but most, myself included, thought it was more his BB-IQ that helped Golden State rather than the system Kerr put around him helping him and the team.

I did see 1 funny remark on Twitter about how Draymond played a half season with Chriss and Bender and that was enough for him to call for Booker to be rescued from Phoenix since we made Book deal with rosters like that regularly for years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't say he was overrated, I said he was more of a system player than anyone realized at the time. I guess some said he'd fail elsewhere but most, myself included, thought it was more his BB-IQ that helped Golden State rather than the system Kerr put around him helping him and the team.

I did see 1 funny remark on Twitter about how Draymond played a half season with Chriss and Bender and that was enough for him to call for Booker to be rescued from Phoenix since we made Book deal with rosters like that regularly for years.

a system player? They couldn’t run that system without Draymond. Playing him at the 4/5 is what allowed them to go super small, spread the court, have shot creators at every position while still being able to defend anyone.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, FU Draymond.

All that said, I really don’t like Devin repping Laker stuff During the biggest moments of his career. A LOT of guys were very very close with Kobe. None of them wore his colors while repping their team at the All-Star game. None of them are wearing Laker shirts after the biggest game of their career in the bubble.

Are any of us going to be surprised if he goes to LA when this contract is up to “continue Kobe’s legacy?” He’s already dating a Kardashian so he’s shown he’s got a taste for Hollywood at an early age.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope not, especially since the part of Kobe’s legacy I like most is that he was a one-team HOFer.

I do think it’s weird for Booker to wear another team’s logo. There must be other Kobe options out there? Seems very un-self-aware, and obviously not necessary to get professional interest from LAL. But sometimes players just don’t care the same way fans do.

I’ll be disappointed if he leaves period because it’s nice to have such a steal from the draft. But I especially hope we don’t have to go through an AD-type soap opera. The Suns just need to keep focusing on a roster with which he has a legit title shot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have liked to heard the details leading up to the TJ Warren trade not just the reaction.

For example, the question, did you want to be traded?

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I hope not, especially since the part of Kobe’s legacy I like most is that he was a one-team HOFer.

I do think it’s weird for Booker to wear another team’s logo. There must be other Kobe options out there? Seems very un-self-aware, and obviously not necessary to get professional interest from LAL. But sometimes players just don’t care the same way fans do.

I’ll be disappointed if he leaves period because it’s nice to have such a steal from the draft. But I especially hope we don’t have to go through an AD-type soap opera. The Suns just need to keep focusing on a roster with which he has a legit title shot.
I could be wrong, but it seems like players wear other player's gear more often these days. However, it did seem odd to wear that particular shirt at that time.

I think we should pump the brakes on any concerns of him leaving though. I've only seen positive comments from him about staying in Phx, and he's been through some dark days. The only thing that comes to mind is when he said he's done not making the playoffs, but I didn't take that as he's looking to leave.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but it seems like players wear other player's gear more often these days. However, it did seem odd to wear that particular shirt at that time.

I think we should pump the brakes on any concerns of him leaving though. I've only seen positive comments from him about staying in Phx, and he's been through some dark days. The only thing that comes to mind is when he said he's done not making the playoffs, but I didn't take that as he's looking to leave.

I briefly discussed it was another poster and posted a couple of tweets explaining Booker is a big fan of Kobe but I thought there were better ways to respect him than wearing a Lakers shirt.

Another thought, players are all in a bubble in Orlando and probably a lot of team stuff for all the teams is floating around. Maybe the shirt is nothing more than something he saw and liked.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I briefly discussed it was another poster and posted a couple of tweets explaining Booker is a big fan of Kobe but I thought there were better ways to respect him than wearing a Lakers shirt.

Another thought, players are all in a bubble in Orlando and probably a lot of team stuff for all the teams is floating around. Maybe the shirt is nothing more than something he saw and liked.

ive been watching a TON of games and I haven’t seen players wearing other team’s gear. And remember, this wasn’t the first time with the All-Star game as well.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ive been watching a TON of games and I haven’t seen players wearing other team’s gear. And remember, this wasn’t the first time with the All-Star game as well.
Booker will break our hearts someday. Not talking any more about it now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker will break our hearts someday. Not talking any more about it now.

If the Suns do not take the next step this off season or next season's trade deadline, the writing is on the wall.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s taking notes from Lebron. Keep sending cryptic messages to keep your team on their toes.

Has Lebron been wearing any Suns shirts or better yet, Anthony Davis?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA