TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Hmm

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I know it seems far fetched now but I think these players are going to regret it.

By mid September infections US wide will be way down. There will be enough natural immunity from Covid and other coronaviruses to stop long infection chains and keep infections and deaths at a relative constant low and there won't be a 2nd wave.

The season will go off without many player infections and guys will be sat at home thinking "man, I screwed up".
LOL. Did you complete your PhD in epidemiology during the pandemic?

very few people not motivated by external factors believe anything like this. The foundations that allow this to happen in other places don’t exist here.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
By mid September infections US wide will be way down. There will be enough natural immunity from Covid and other coronaviruses to stop long infection chains and keep infections and deaths at a relative constant low and there won't be a 2nd wave.

Unless there’s somehow a nationwide buy-in with mask wearing and the country commits to a rigid, short-term lockdown within the next two weeks, that’s not happening.

Given the behavior of certain individuals, you can expect the country to continue to fall behind other developed nations in terms of containment of the virus.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what does this indicate? Thinking of the late RT signing we did... Doesn’t sound like Marcus looked great after all?

lol... I will laugh my ass off if Gilbert doesn’t even see Game 1 this season and didnt even get injured to miss the season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless there’s somehow a nationwide buy-in with mask wearing and the country commits to a rigid, short-term lockdown within the next two weeks, that’s not happening.

Given the behavior of certain individuals, you can expect the country to continue to fall behind other developed nations in terms of containment of the virus.

yup... and even if things dip, you can be your ass the MOMENT they do, all the GOP Govs who opened up too early, will throw the gates wide open again, leading to another spike and pull back.

not to mention, the moment schools get back in person in Red states across the country, I think we’re gonna see a new spike... or a plateau at a really scary level.

What has happened and will happen is all so predictable.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cities aren't states and all those cities you just listed have the same centralized response.

I'm not sure how that's a viable comparison with 3 of the largest land mass states in the US. Texas, California and Arizona are all individually bigger than the UK and top 6 in US states. California, Texas and Florida are the 3 most populous US states. They are all countries in their own right with different responses to the virus.

If France or Spain was having a bad outbreak but the UK was fine would you be shouting about cancelling all UK sports? No you wouldn't.

And please, show me this evidence regarding long term health impacts and organ damage. What percentage? What organs? Does it effect healthy people or only those with co-morbidity? I can tell you there is no evidence. There is no scientific report or statistical analysis of long term health effects. Just a small amount of anecdotal reports blown out of proportion by the media.

And no, there's no guarantee that they will be over in 6 weeks. But there is a very high probability it will be drastically lower considering that the average fall from peak infections over 6 weeks is 75%.

California peaked with 12k cases about a week ago. In 6 weeks time they will have around 3000 tops if they follow the trend.

Texas peaked with 12.5k 2 weeks ago, in 6 weeks they will be down to about 2k.

Florida peaked with 15k cases on July 12th. They are already down around 9k. In 6 weeks they will be around 2k tops.

The evidence is there in practically all infection curves.

What I can tell you with absolute certainty is they won't be the same or higher than they are now, which has happened nowhere.

What an whataboutism ... you can't compair UK Sport with NFL ... CHAMPIONS League or the European Championship would be the equivalant, and that was canceled ... because of the inabillity of UK ... sometimes your arguments are so flawed ...

And to your 6 weeks down the road argument... first of 6 weeks after 12th of july the people that are ill and need ICU and with all of that what happend, you are sure that some of these states don't reopen schools and you start with the same problems, again?

Look, already EU and UK sees rising cases again, what makes you think a state that didn't even contain the first wave till yet, can contain wave two and have a functioning plan for that? I don't see it yet, maybe after the Election and Trump gets kicked out, maybe but till then...

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Has more to do with awareness of the people not just the authorities, staying home as much is possible , using the mask, keep an adequate distance from people
This is how we could contain the infections
U cant just blame certain individuals, everybody should know now what should be done

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know it seems far fetched now but I think these players are going to regret it.

The season will go off without many player infections and guys will be sat at home thinking "man, I screwed up".

If leadership up high was competent, maybe. But not now

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What an whataboutism ... you can't compair UK Sport with NFL ... CHAMPIONS League or the European Championship would be the equivalant, and that was canceled ... because of the inabillity of UK ... sometimes your arguments are so flawed ...

And to your 6 weeks down the road argument... first of 6 weeks after 12th of july the people that are ill and need ICU and with all of that what happend, you are sure that some of these states don't reopen schools and you start with the same problems, again?

Look, already EU and UK sees rising cases again, what makes you think a state that didn't even contain the first wave till yet, can contain wave two and have a functioning plan for that? I don't see it yet, maybe after the Election and Trump gets kicked out, maybe but till then...
The European leagues restarted 2 months a go and the season is over
All the matches has been played regularly
Champions league will start next week

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

everything you've written about this getting under control in the Sunbelt also completely ignores that numbers are going up throughout the midwest as well... Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, and Missouri all seeing resurgences.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/brief-reprieve-virus-charges-back-152606250.html

in addition to schools starting in person education, possibly creating super-spreader events daily in places where not enough precautions are going to be taken.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score

Where did you get that the champions league was cancelled? Juventus plays Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There is one major study (Spain 61k) and it showed antibodies dissipating in two weeks for many. So, at the least, Herd immunity has not been established when it comes to this variant of the coronavirus.

And tell us, Doctor, how you've reached the conclusion there will be no second wave?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Is that your professional medical opinion?

220 Million Americans need to recover from Covid-19 to achieve effective natural herd immunity....this would mean somewhere around 1-2 million deaths, I believe.

This was from a study and article published by Mayo Clinic at the end of June.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Philly’s Coach Pederson just got covid. This is another thing pretty much ignored... putting older people at risk of this. So much attention is on the players, but it takes a village to raise the baby so to speak in the NFL.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/phila...pederson-tests-positive-for-covid-19?ref=home

say this happened in the regular season... you then lose your coach for 2, maybe 3 games.

Then, there are quite a few coaches who are older, not to mention not in the greatest of strength.

what do you guys think happens if one of these older s coaches gets this and dies?

actully bigger question... what happens if any coach or player dies? Does the league go on? I know the owners wouldn’t really give a crap about an equipment guy died. But a HC, coordinator or player?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
so, 250K people will come together to... celebrate motorcycles then disperse Back all around the country?

great.
Yup, about the size of it. Kids can't even get through church camp without an outbreak....I can only imagine what these knuckleheads will bring home.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There’s also studies that say in 50% of cases there’s natural immune response at first exposure possibly explaining asymptomatic cases. Therefore the herd immunity attainment percentage could potentially be halved. There’s a lot we still don’t know to draw any definitive conclusions on it.

Last edited: