List of players opting out of season

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Replaceable and gives Beacham and Jones a chance. Not a big loss

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Never played a down for Big Red, so no big loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just got an update from ESPM, now In a move that should surprise no one, Marcus Gilbert will not play this year, opting out due to corona concerns.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So whats Gilbert Cap hit? They gain cap space now.

Looked he is due 1.05 this season

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good thing we still have Kugler and were able to most fortunately draft Josh Jones. I hope Max Williams isn’t next, he was on the same non fb illness list as Gilbert...

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sounds like to me they saw this coming? Explains the Beachum signing. Either they figured it was a possibility of him opting out or they just didn't trust him staying healthy in 2020? Signed a veteran for insurance. Man, so glad Josh Jones fell in our laps in the draft. At least we now have 3 RT's to pick from. Gilbert was a top 10 RT when he was healthy but him being healthy hasn't happened a whole lot. He may never play a down for the Cardinals in a regular season game? It will be a mute point if Josh Jones plays to his capability in 2020 though.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only paid if you play.

I read that those with contacts who opt out receive $150k.

Sorry I was slightly off on what I said. Vets with the high risk category get $350k. I assume that means diabetic or BMI over 40 or similar.

Vet's not at high risk get $150k.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Sorry I was slightly off on what I said. Vets with the high risk category get $350k. I assume that means diabetic or BMI over 40 or similar.

Vet's not at high risk get $150k.
Also, if high risk they get $350k and that doesn't have to be paid back. If in the $150k category, that gets paid back next contract year.

Also, worthy of note is that NFLPA and NFL have already agreed that if we are still in pandemic next year, this same agreement will apply and remain in place.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like to me they saw this coming? Explains the Beachum signing. Either they figured it was a possibility of him opting out or they just didn't trust him staying healthy in 2020? Signed a veteran for insurance. Man, so glad Josh Jones fell in our laps in the draft. At least we now have 3 RT's to pick from. Gilbert was a top 10 RT when he was healthy but him being healthy hasn't happened a whole lot. He may never play a down for the Cardinals in a regular season game? It will be a mute point if Josh Jones plays to his capability in 2020 though.

BIM: Moot