Henry Ruggs III

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I would prefer defense as well but who will be there at #8?
Sorry, missed this part.

But one of Simmons, Okudah, or Brown will be sitting there at 8 most likely. If not, we have our first choice of OT. I'll take any of those options above a freaking 4th WR that we hope is going to be our #2 next year, as long as Larry doesn't retire, as long as he doesn't get outplayed by Kirk, who has a Godwin-like stat-line, or any of the young guys we already invested in...

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just said it. But no, no one knows who they are until they start to play, so "Tyreek Hill is good which means for some reason we should draft Henry Ruggs" is a nonsensical argument.

Keep in mind, Hill was a third round pick, too. Right now you could be advocating to take John Ross, or frankly, almost any of the 1st round WR picks in recent history, because most downright suck.

I probably wouldn't try to draft Tyreek Hill to be our 4th receiver anyways.
Hill was a 3rd because because he is the ultimate piece of trash as a human being though. The dude should literally be in prison for the rest of his life or just put down like the sick animal he is.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pro Bowl and elite offensive line talent rarely makes it to the open market.

I'm gonna keep harping on this, I don't have anything better to do. Drafting a WR, especially Ruggs, at #8, would be the dumbest thing this team could do, and would continue to prove Keim just wants to be the smartest guy in the room as opposed to actually winning games.
Most sure things in this draft are jeff Okudah Young Simmons Andrew Thomas Jedrik Wills Ceedee Lamb
I’d add Brown to that list.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not keen on a W/O at #8 and the Gilbert signing may mean that the Cards don't see a plug-and-play RT worthy of that high a call. I'd rather thicken the "D"; see if we can find the RG/RT of the future later in the draft and if they want to add a W/O to the mix in the 3rd/4th... here's my thought:

Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame
Height: 6-4. Weight: 238. Arm: 33.13. Hand: 10
40 Time: 4.42.
Projected Round (2020): 2-3.
3/7/20: Claypool made some impressive runs after the catch in 2019. He is a big receiver who is tough and dangerous with the ball in his hands. On the year, Claypool made 66 catches for 1,037 yards and 13 touchdowns. If he were faster, he would be a first-rounder in the 2020 NFL Draft. Claypool had a solid week of practice at the Senior Bowl and helped himself by running a faster than expected 40.

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
Ruggs is undoubtedly fast, but his stats were significantly behind the top two Alabama WRs. If he is the stud of this group of WRs, why didn't Saban get him the ball more? Was he saving him for the NFL?

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not keen on a W/O at #8 and the Gilbert signing may mean that the Cards don't see a plug-and-play RT worthy of that high a call. I'd rather thicken the "D"; see if we can find the RG/RT of the future later in the draft and if they want to add a W/O to the mix in the 3rd/4th... here's my thought:

3/7/20: Claypool made some impressive runs after the catch in 2019. He is a big receiver who is tough and dangerous with the ball in his hands. On the year, Claypool made 66 catches for 1,037 yards and 13 touchdowns. If he were faster, he would be a first-rounder in the 2020 NFL Draft. Claypool had a solid week of practice at the Senior Bowl and helped himself by running a faster than expected 40.

I like Claypool too but his route tree is very limited.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I know people have stated to short change Ruggs as not being a route runner is a cliche take because he has speed but I still would rather have Jeudy or Lamb... crunch time and you need seven yards for a first or touchdown in the red zone, I want either of those two guys

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

Don't think Claypool is an option cause he'll go sometime in the 2nd. We need draft picks. I'd be real surprised if he's there at 72.

And regarding Ruggs, he'd definately open things up, because if you don't put the FS over the top on him he'll burn you. And if you do then watch out for everyone else who'll be in single coverage. Murray will find them.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Don't think Claypool is an option cause he'll go sometime in the 2nd. We need draft picks. I'd be real surprised if he's there at 72.

And regarding Ruggs, he'd definately open things up, because if you don't put the FS over the top on him he'll burn you. And if you do then watch out for everyone else who'll be in single coverage. Murray will find them.
I get the feeling the Ravens are going to get Claypool.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe with Jax who’s rebuilding. Not with us hopefully.
Depends on how bad Keim wants a 2nd rounder.

And also how much he likes Ezra Cleveland (although I would trade down again if they are going that route)

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thought this thread was in regard to this trade down Mock

Should be noted Wirfs/Becton were drafted before this trade.

PICK

Henry Ruggs III - WR
School: Alabama | Year: Junior

PROJECTED TRADE WITH CARDINALS. General manager John Elway must give Drew Lock as many weapons as possible. Swapping Pick No. 15 and a couple of Day 2 picks this year to grab their top wideout target (Ruggs, CeeDee Lamb or Jerry Jeudy all have a case to be the first WR drafted, but we'll go with Ruggs here) gives them their best shot to become a legitimate contender in the AFC.

Jedrick Wills - OT
School: Alabama | Year: Junior

PROJECTED TRADE WITH BRONCOS. After acquiring DeAndre Hopkins, the Cards are in position to move down (getting two third-round picks in the trade) and still meet their top need. Wills steps in at right tackle to join D.J. Humphries in protecting Kyler Murray.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...20-nfl-mock-draft-six-trades-shake-up-round-1

That would definitely be my dream scenario! I think if things dropped the way they might that would be my pick at 8 anyways..

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I actually forget Isabella is even on the roster.

He, in no way, could fill the role Ruggs would. Isabella is a catch and run slot WR. Ruggs is the guy to stretch the defense.