Henry Ruggs III

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by slanidrac16, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Harry

Harry ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer

Saban’s a solid talent evaluator and his offensive scheme says Jeudy is the better WR. That said Ruggs is much better than your typical speed receiver. He’ll be an asset to any team that chooses him.

2. Finito

Finito Registered

We swapped 1st that’s a big big difference.

and we had 2 3rd round picks that year. We really didn’t give up a lot for Rosen

cardsfanmd likes this.
  3. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Okay, well then we gave up a lot for Isabella, because the total compensation for him turned out to be the combined value of that 1st, 3rd, and 5th.

4. GoldGloveschmidt

GoldGloveschmidt Registered

Receiver who don't produce well in college typically don't produce well in the NFL either.

Of course you can point to an outlier like Michael Thomas.

I am not using pick 8 on a guy I am HOPING turns into an outlier.

cardsfanmd likes this.
  5. Finito

Finito Registered

you think Henry Ruggs didn’t produce in college?

Ronin likes this.
  6. GoldGloveschmidt

In his best (Junior) year he had 40 catches and 746 yards. That is very poor production for a first round NFL wide receiver pick. He only had ~17.5% of his team's receiving production. Very poor.

cardsfanmd likes this.
  7. AZCrazy

AZCrazy Registered

Ruggs will be a fine receiver in the NFL. The question to answer is Which position group will have the largest impact on the number of wins we are able to achieve in the coming years?

WR, OT, or LB? All will likely be available. Do you think we could trade down and still get one? How far?
    Would you be happy if we traded down and were left with taking Kinlaw or Ruggs?

8. Finito

Finito Registered

Alabama is run heavy based offense and the best WR core in the history of college football. 3 legit 1st round WR

When you look at this you have to look at it in perspective. This is where numbers can be deceiving.

by you telling me this it tells me you didn’t actually watch or pay attention to Alabama football. If you looking at black and white numbers.

ask anyone Saban included and they will tell you Ruggs is the alpha in that WR room.

9. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Well on the same hand who’s to say Wirfs is the next Pace? Also, I’m not advocating taking Ruggs. I’m saying if the Broncos we’re willing to trade up and give us additional picks to select Ruggs, are we missing something?

10. fartblossom

fartblossom Registered

My hope is the team doesn’t take a receiver in round 1 but if by chance they do I would prefer Jeudy or Ruggs over Lamb. I’m sure if we could see every teams rankings more than Denver would have Ruggs as the top guy.

11. GoldGloveschmidt

Weird that the alpha could never lead his team in yards, receptions, or touchdowns. I watched plenty of their games, btw.

Ruggs is a Desaun Jackson / Kenny Stills / Will Fuller IMO. Nice guy to have, but will not be an NFL WR1. He should not go in the 1st.

12. Finito

Finito Registered

so your saying the leader of your team is always the guy with the best stats?

I think if you have you would understand what that guy brought to that team and how defenses needed to pretty much put two guys on him.

but I get it. It’s all good you don’t see it and I do. We disagree

13. Ronin

Ronin Registered

I think he is going to fall into the 49ers lap.

Finito likes this.
  14. Finito

Finito Registered

none of the OT are even close to being in the class of guys like Pace or Ogden

15. Proximo

Proximo Registered

Simmons looks incredible to me, he is really the guy I am hoping the cardinals can get. Can't see how he will be there though unless both a 3rd QB, Okudah, an OT or 2 or Brown go before us - which seems pretty unlikely unfortunately.

I really like Kinlaw's highlights, he looks like the next Calais Campbell to me. Would not mind picking him if we trade down.