With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft......

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Okudah makes sense with PP on the last year of his contract. If pp walks at least we have 1 decent Cb.
We just drafted a CB at the top of the 2nd round.

...When do people expect these players to play and develop? I'm so confused. This is the consistent argument on the board...

-Draft QB, move him and redraft.
-Draft 4 WRs in two years, ignore them all and redraft.
-Draft top CB, sign CB to a contract, ignore them and redraft.
-Sign RB, ignore him, trade for another RB with a 5th round pick, sign him to a contract.
-Draft Center, sign older veteran, do it again.

We're just constantly replacing guys.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We just drafted a CB at the top of the 2nd round.

...When do people expect these players to play and develop? I'm so confused. This is the consistent argument on the board...

-Draft QB, move him and redraft.
-Draft 4 WRs in two years, ignore them all and redraft.
-Draft top CB, sign CB to a contract, ignore them and redraft.
-Sign RB, ignore him, trade for another RB with a 5th round pick, sign him to a contract.
-Draft Center, sign older veteran, do it again.

We're just constantly replacing guys.
You do realize there’s more than 1 CB allowed to be on the field right?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like it’s really simple:

If by a miracle he’s still there, Draft Okudah.

Cut Alford.

Peterson & Okudah play outside. Byron plays slot.

Boom. Bam. Boom.

Reactions: HGC
OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
That’s why I hope we go the FA route hard for ILB. Littleton should be our prime FA Target. If the choice is between Okudah & Simmons, I’m going Okudah every time. I think CB impacts the game way more than a ILB.

Look at Baltimore for example. Their ILBs are nothing to write home about(honestly their front 7 really), but they are so good on defense because of their elite secondary. Humphrey, Peters, & Smith is a spectacular CB core.

I think not being able to cover TEs is a scheme more so than a personnel issue. Vance has had problems with it back in Denver.

Looking into 2021, CB will arguably be our biggest need if we sit still with it cause I doubt Peterson resigns & Alford will be on the team.
Three things.....

I guess it's good to be "hopeful" that Okudah makes it to 8 but I think it is about as possible as Young making it to pick 6. Not realistic IMO. He's the #2 or #3 ranked position player in the draft at a high value position.

Do you really want to put two huge LBer contracts in that room? I would MUCH rather drop a huge contract in Chris Jones's lap than give Littleton all of that cash when we just gave Hicks a pile of money.

And three: It is 100% NOT a scheme issue. We had an intolerable level of talent playing around Hicks all season long. Like High school level ish.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Trade back?

So Krime can draft 4 Andy Isabella’s in the second round?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You do realize there’s more than 1 CB allowed to be on the field right?
I'm aware. But I think if your OLB can't get to the QB, ILB vanishes against both RBs and TEs, and you have two DEs that get blown off the ball for five yards every snap, it doesn't matter how long your CBs can cover a four wide. Eventually someone will come open, or they'll be blasted off the ball.

If the offense lines up to run the ball down your throat, like most of our division does, it won't help to have 2-4 CBs on the bench while our undrafted rookie free agents try to stop them.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need pass rushers badly. Outside of Jones they have no one to worry about.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Three things.....

I guess it's good to be "hopeful" that Okudah makes it to 8 but I think it is about as possible as Young making it to pick 6. Not realistic IMO. He's the #2 or #3 ranked position player in the draft at a high value position.

Do you really want to put two huge LBer contracts in that room? I would MUCH rather drop a huge contract in Chris Jones's lap than give Littleton all of that cash when we just gave Hicks a pile of money.

And three: It is 100% NOT a scheme issue. We had an intolerable level of talent playing around Hicks all season long. Like High schoole level ish.
Yea, I’m hypothetically speaking if by some miracle he’s there, Draft him & don’t look back.

Nah, but I wouldn’t mind a Josh Byrnes-type ILBer.

Broncos under Vance were close to being league leaders in TE production in the two years he was there. We actually did pretty good in covering TEs in 2018.

You know what happens next?

We instantly faced allow Gronk-like production the minute Vance is our DC & Denver did a fine job against TEs this season.

It might not be all of it, but it’s mostly scheme.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We need pass rushers badly. Outside of Jones they have no one to worry about.
Speaking of CJ. He responded to post about having 8th pick by saying that no way we have high pick again next year.

Edit: "Wont be picking this early next year. Peroid" is what he posted today.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching the playoffs. I want to sign Brandon Scherff and draft Simmons at 8 best defensive player on the board in round 2 and Chubba in round 3

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching the playoffs. I want to sign Brandon Scherff and draft Simmons at 8 best defensive player on the board in round 2 and Chubba in round 3

Chubba?

Do u think we will be in contention to sign him?
Isn't he a right guard?

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Alford is a bum & can be cut.

Rookie CB will take his place.

Peterson could not resign after 2020.

Boom, another hole open.

We can easily & should go CB rather high if the player is BPA.

You can neutralize a great pass-rush easier than great-coverage in today’s era.

I see where you are coming from but we have never seen Alford play and I was far from impressed by Murphy last year.

If Okudah falls to #8 you snap him up, cut Alford and get 4m back in cap space.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The inclination seems to be that Chuba is going to go back to school. It would make sense as next year he might be a top 5 RB, this year he might be a 4th round pick.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see where you are coming from but we have never seen Alford play and I was far from impressed by Murphy last year.

If Okudah falls to #8 you snap him up, cut Alford and get 4m back in cap space.
I’ve seen Alford play in Atlanta.

He was always inconsistent.

Now he’s only older & coming off of injury.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
After watching the Chiefs today, I have to say that I want to go offense. In this league as it is today, you can come back from 24 down in one quarter. Makes me want to see what Kliff and Kyler can do with Lamb

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
To be fair you also have to get a bunch of stops to go on a 41-0 run.

Cards got a “bunch of stops” with a third rate defensive roster and a poor defensive coordinator. Yet the Cardinals played the Niners and Ravens tight on the road and beat the Seahawks on the road. There is enough to build around

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards got a “bunch of stops” with a third rate defensive roster and a poor defensive coordinator. Yet the Cardinals played the Niners and Ravens tight on the road and beat the Seahawks on the road. There is enough to build around

no we didn’t get a bunch of stops. Our offense put us in position to win a few games this year just to watch our defense piss it away.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thomas goes in front of us. We take Wills at 8. Wirfs goes 10 to the Browns. Jeudy 11 to the Jets.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This would be a great year to have another pick from 10-15. Wonder if someone like Miami would trade one of their extras for a 2 and a pick next year.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Young
Okudah
Jeudy
Simmons
Thomas - If 3 QB's go.... We get one of these 5.
Lamb - If 2 QB's go.

With this talent - You can't go Wills or Wirfs IMO.
I'm not a fan of Brown.

That's my opinion and it will be hard to get me off that mountain at this point.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard