Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
and then there was the raft of people on draft night who told me I was crazy for being fearful of taking a kid with hip issues. that's crap's only going to get worse the more NBA pounding Cam takes.
Maybe at least let it play out a little before gloating? ;)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How deep is the 2020 draft? If suns keep falling is their a pf worth taking? Im guess suns wont have a shot at top 3 pick this yr.... so guessing pick 11 to 20 range meh...

Sad the way suns turned down so quickly...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How deep is the 2020 draft? If suns keep falling is their a pf worth taking? Im guess suns wont have a shot at top 3 pick this yr.... so guessing pick 11 to 20 range meh...

Sad the way suns turned down so quickly...

Admittedly I haven't studied the 2020 draft but I 'm sure there are those who are familiar with some of the players.

Tankathon has the Suns presently drafting #11.

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas Suns fans!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors beat the Rockets today 116-104 in San Francisco.

Suns play at the Warriors on Friday.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
and then there was the raft of people on draft night who told me I was crazy for being fearful of taking a kid with hip issues. that's crap's only going to get worse the more NBA pounding Cam takes.

On this board? I recently re-read the draft and Cam threads and didn’t see any of this. His hips were mentioned a few times as red flags and no one pushed back. Not even any comparisons to a player X who overcame similar issues. Maybe I missed something.

It was interesting going through the threads. The reaction to the pick really was almost unanimously negative and/or mystified. As time went on you could see some people talking themselves into hope as sources said his workout was great and he is a tremendous shooter, or at least making peace with the fact that Jones really did want him. There was some pushback against haterade but none of the “never question Whiz” variety.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Arizona has four teams in the top 39 most miserable fan bases. And it actually feels worse than that.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Suns rank #12 of the most miserable fanbases in sports! We're the 2nd basketball team listed with the Kings at the very top of the list. We can't even be the most miserable NBA fans, dammit!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24367000/the-top-25-most-miserable-fan-bases-professional-sports

Before Sarver took over the Suns had one of the top winning percentages in all of sports. They were routinely regarded as one of the best franchises in pro sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Suns have a huge opportunity to work themselves back into the playoff picture with the next stretch of games. After they play the Lakers in LA, they are hosting New York, Memphis, Sacramento, Orlando, Charlotte, and then visit Atlanta and New York. None of these games are back to back games for the Suns.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It took the Phoenix Suns until March 4th to win 14 games last season. At that point they were 14-51.

They’re 14-21 and it’s January 3rd.

People can continue to bitch & moan about James Jones... or about the make-up of this particular team... or about Ayton and his “lack of aggression”...
But the reality is this:
Jones started the process of cleaning up what was a heap of garbage that was epically and historically horrific. This type of turn-around is extremely impressive by any and all measures.
He will continue the clean up process while fortifying the foundation, establishing the proper conditions that will lead to this team enjoying sustained success for years to come.
Who knows of that will ultimately lead to a championship... but I have little doubt that Jones is on his way toward ensuring this franchise is once again, a routine presence in the post season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is important news. With all the criticism Frank gets the Suns could have used him off the bench last night.

Suns need to find another big man.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Franks injury certainly hurts our depth.
Maybe a little trade happens?:shrug:

A trade for 4/5 has been needed for awhile. This elevates the need. Hopefully the Suns are shopping for one.