OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evan Sidery‏ @esidery

Devin Booker is putting up superstar numbers with great efficiency over the last six games: • 34 points on 54.2% shooting • 32 points on 60.9% shooting • 33 points on 47.4% shooting • 32 points on 47.8% shooting • 38 points on 51.9% shooting • 40 points on 65% shooting

7:19 PM - 5 Jan 2020

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we need TJ Warren back lol, i'm not sure what exactly his deal was with the organization. Was it Sarver, the FO, training facilities, usage? But we could use a consistent threat game in and game out, I do miss Buckets. Aside from his injuries and his attitude toward the 6th man role, I liked warren. He wasn't going to be a superstar who would play on both sides of the court, but he did know how to put the ball in the hoop consistently with a decent percentage. The only thing that i didn't like over the summer was just getting rid of him for almost nothing.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evan Sidery‏ @esidery

Devin Booker is putting up superstar numbers with great efficiency over the last six games: • 34 points on 54.2% shooting • 32 points on 60.9% shooting • 33 points on 47.4% shooting • 32 points on 47.8% shooting • 38 points on 51.9% shooting • 40 points on 65% shooting

7:19 PM - 5 Jan 2020

I think some take what Book is doing for granted. We better enjoy it. If this team doesn't turn it around and get the talent needed here he is going to want to bolt this team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think some take what Book is doing for granted. We better enjoy it. If this team doesn't turn it around and get the talent needed here he is going to want to bolt this team.

Sooner or later this is what is going to happen. Booker already said something to the effect he expected this season to be fun.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sooner or later this is what is going to happen. Booker already said something to the effect he expected this season to be fun.
I hate that if he did. Hoping a season is fun is one thing. Expecting it is another. This is your job book. It’s work. And while it’s a game and we play games, it’s still your employment. You get paid for it. Some years aren’t fun at your employment. Shut up and do your job.

And while you’re at it get off my damn lawn.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate that if he did. Hoping a season is fun is one thing. Expecting it is another. This is your job book. It’s work. And while it’s a game and we play games, it’s still your employment. You get paid for it. Some years aren’t fun at your employment. Shut up and do your job.

And while you’re at it get off my damn lawn.

The comment also included something to the effect after four seasons he expected this season to be more fun.

Nothing wrong with the comment. I get tired of the losing as well.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

In some ways screw booker... we have him under contract. This team isnt even winning...what are we trying to save?? He should work on his defense...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Ouchie-Z-Clown

Here is the exact comment from Devin Booker. Nothing wrong with it IMO.

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

A depressing line from Devin Booker: "It's some figuring out that we have to do. And hopefully we can do that sooner (rather) than later. I've been here 4 years and you want to get things going early to make the season a lot better and a lot more fun."

8:07 PM - 5 Jan 2020

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
@Ouchie-Z-Clown

A depressing line from Devin Booker: "It's some figuring out that we have to do. And hopefully we can do that sooner (rather) than later. I've been here 4 years and you want to get things going early to make the season a lot better and a lot more fun."

Yeah I saw it. I get it. Also I recognize if you don’t like where you work most can leave and I don’t begrudge the players that. I know we all want loyalty but a terrible workplace is a terrible workplace. If they just want to go to LA then I say F them. But if they no longer want to work for sarver and his goat-astrophe, after trying for four years, who can blame them?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Ouchie-Z-Clown

I didn't see anything wrong with his comment. I know saying a season should be fun could be an issue but it seems like he went for the positive adjective rather than saying it would be less miserable.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gina Mizell (@ginamizell)
1/8/20, 3:10 PM
Monty Williams conceded after practice that he might do away with the Ayton-Baynes starting lineup after three games: “That’s something that I’m gonna give deep thought to tonight and tomorrow, like, what is really best for the team?“

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
More Monty: “James (Jones) and I knew that this would be a year of learning. You want to win games when you’re learning, but this is something that we had to try and see if guys could get comfortable with it. To be honest with you, I’m not sure if I’m gonna stick with it, (contd)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
(Contd) just because of the lack of success or comfortability with that particular move. (It) is something I have to assess.” #Suns
The sporadic stabs in the dark wouldn't be necessary if the roster
covered every spot in the rotation, which it does not.

Until it does, it will continue to be failed sporadic stabs in the dark.

There is no substitute for effective planning.

The Suns collective overview is zilch.

Desperation huff-and-puff management.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe just play your obvious best rotation to start and finish games with?

Rubio
Booker
Oubre
Bridges
Ayton

Ayton, in total, has more points or close to than:

Jerome
Diallo
Okobo
Carter

It looks like we are missing Kaminsky! He's top 6 on the team in: total points, 3pt % and ppg. A lot of that is from Ayton being out i'm sure, but Saric should be able to fill those stats as a bench guy. We need Cam and Tyler to step up.

Last edited:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
The sporadic stabs in the dark wouldn't be necessary if the roster
covered every spot in the rotation, which it does not.

Until it does, it will continue to be failed sporadic stabs in the dark.

There is no substitute for effective planning.

The Suns collective overview is zilch.

Desperation huff-and-puff management.
Everyone wants results. This is very much year ONE of the new regime. The roster was turned over largely again this off season. This time next year if the results are still the same then we'll have THE revolt! Until then we're on the outside still until some consistency can be established. But ALL the starters need to play better All Around and the bench needs to at least show up, to aid them and stop putting All the pressure on them to execute.
Have a regular 2nd team rotation and stick with it.
Baynes
Bridges
CJ
TJ
Okobo
With a couple starters subbing in and out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
More Monty: “James (Jones) and I knew that this would be a year of learning. You want to win games when you’re learning, but this is something that we had to try and see if guys could get comfortable with it. To be honest with you, I’m not sure if I’m gonna stick with it, (contd)
What does this cryptic comment mean? I mean, it’s not like we are playing a ton of young guys. We are using all of the vets plenty. Rubio, Baynes, Kaminsky, saric, have all played meaningful minutes. This is a young team by jones’ design.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw it. I get it. Also I recognize if you don’t like where you work most can leave and I don’t begrudge the players that. I know we all want loyalty but a terrible workplace is a terrible workplace. If they just want to go to LA then I say F them. But if they no longer want to work for sarver and his goat-astrophe, after trying for four years, who can blame them?

In the case of Booker, certainly not me. He's played his heart out for the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't see anything wrong with his comment. I know saying a season should be fun could be an issue but it seems like he went for the positive adjective rather than saying it would be less miserable.

In context I don't see anything wrong with it either.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh he’s still talking about Ayton/baynes pairing. Having this quote broken up into multiple posts threw me off.

You need to slow down just a little when reading and replying to posts, especially posts that are just tweets. I believe you've said that you read each post and if you plan on replying to one then you'll stop reading the thread, reply to that post, and then read on. Tweets are limited in size so the full story often takes a couple of them to decipher what's being said.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Everyone wants results. This is very much year ONE of the new regime. The roster was turned over largely again this off season. This time next year if the results are still the same then we'll have THE revolt! Until then we're on the outside still until some consistency can be established. But ALL the starters need to play better All Around and the bench needs to at least show up, to aid them and stop putting All the pressure on them to execute.
Have a regular 2nd team rotation and stick with it.
Baynes
Bridges
CJ
TJ
Okobo
With a couple starters subbing in and out.

CJ and Okobo need to be in the G-League, and TJ's salary needs to be used to acquire more help.

If we are looking beyond Year One of the new regime, we have Rubio, Oubre, Booker and Ayton in the starting line-up and Bridges on the bench.

If, despite appearances, Baynes wants to stick around long term and wants to re-up, I am for Baynes being Ayton's back-up, but only if Baynes plays with the passion and intensity with which he played to start the season, as opposed to that which is is demonstrating now.

That leaves us in need of two power forwards (including a starter), a back-up shooting guard and a back-up point guard.

If James Jones knew what the heck he was doing on draft night, we would already have at least a starting power forward and at least one of those back-ups. Instead, we really are in no better shape long term than we were this time last year.

Good luck...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In the case of Booker, certainly not me. He's played his heart out for the Suns.

Yes he has. He has gone above and beyond. But he is also human, and every human has his breaking point. Five years of this garbage would try anyone's patience, especially with no hope of recovery in sight...

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe just play your obvious best rotation to start and finish games with?

Rubio
Booker
Oubre
Bridges
Ayton

Ayton, in total, has more points or close to than:

Jerome
Diallo
Okobo
Carter

It looks like we are missing Kaminsky! He's top 6 on the team in: total points, 3pt % and ppg. A lot of that is from Ayton being out i'm sure, but Saric should be able to fill those stats as a bench guy. We need Cam and Tyler to step up.
I think you might be right. As much crap as Kaminsky gets (and some deserved), he would have helped these past few games.