Franchise took a big step back today

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He has exceeded rookie expectations IMO. He is not Mahomes who had a year to learn behind Smith.

THis team is all around bad, too slow, and bad game day scheming.

Absolutely agree with everything but your first statement. His rookie expectations are so far ahead of where he is it's laughable. It's mainly because most on this board went crazy and anointed him a HOFer before the season, but still. Expectations were sky high. His play has been...up and down. Very down this week. We'll see what the future holds.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
Completely underwhelmed by CKK's game planning, I cannot believe we hid this "dynamic" offense during the preseason...WOW...

This is further compounded by the fact that it is obvious that Kiem has acquired the talent required to be competitive and if we can him, does the new GM roll with the Air Raid experiment or bring in his guy...and then what do we do with KM?

What a mess...

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Completely underwhelmed by CKK's game planning, I cannot believe we hid this "dynamic" offense during the preseason...WOW...

This is further compounded by the fact that it is obvious that Kiem has acquired the talent required to be competitive and if we can him, does the new GM roll with the Air Raid experiment or bring in his guy...and then what do we do with KM?

What a mess...

It looked great at the beginning until we figured out our defense sucks and couldn't stop anything Carolina was doing. Then the offense became unhinged.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Absolutely agree with everything but your first statement. His rookie expectations are so far ahead of where he is it's laughable. It's mainly because most on this board went crazy and anointed him a HOFer before the season, but still. Expectations were sky high. His play has been...up and down. Very down this week. We'll see what the future holds.
I went crazy but I knew there was going to be some growing pains with a rookie qb, head coach, and perhaps the worst team in the league last year as far as depth and personnel. His play will be up and down because our line stinks, no consistent run game, and receivers with defenders drapped all over them. Brees and Brady wouldn't fare will behind this team. KM had a bad game. But he was dinking and dunking because he didn't have time to throw down the field.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
It looked great at the beginning until we figured out our defense sucks and couldn't stop anything Carolina was doing. Then the offense became unhinged.
Contrary to popular belief, CKK is responsible for game planning BOTH sides of the ball...

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We probably don't cover TEs we'll because we don't practice covering them because on our own offense we never really have a modern style TE like Tony G, Gates, Gronk etc. Refresh my memory on when we had a stud TE who got targets?

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
YALL do realize our starting RT shouldn't even be in the NFL right now??

Get Trent Williams.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler at one point was 26 for 32. And Kirk and Chase had big drops at that point. I don't think you can grade him based solely on how he played once he started pushing. I really felt a change occurred and he started trying way too hard to make things happen.

Context is everything man. And this is taking a ton of things out of context.
Kyler seemed both mentally and physically worn down by the end of the game. Staring at the rush, inaccurate throws, etc.

I also think the fact Kyle Allen was dominating bothered him as well. Anyone but that guy. Now that kid will be the talk of the NFL (funny how Cardinals defenses allow that to happen)

Kyler's gotta get a better sense of when to leave the pocket. He has to accept that he's going to be hit in the pocket. Just gotta try to make the throw downfield anyway.

We were a couple of drops from putting up 30, but that still wouldn't have been enough. We looked like a Big 12 defense out there.

Kliff has got to figure out the adjustments and how to make defenses mess up their responsibilties. His answer to everything is simply more tempo. Some coaches set things up early in the game so they can make a defense pay later. Right now....ours is just more tempo.

Keim's 2nd and 4th round picks not being factors on the field are killers. Crabtree on the field makes us slower.

I think the more disappointing thing is....guys like Daniel Jones, Minshew, and even Kyle Allen are all young and having success in regular NFL systems.

We don't even know just how well ours will truly work. Doesn't help when you don't have the right players for the system.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
At least fans in the Valley have the NBA season to look forward to. This is the worst two year stretch that I can remember for Phoenix sports fans

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler seemed both mentally and physically worn down by the end of the game. Staring at the rush, inaccurate throws, etc.

I also think the fact Kyle Allen was dominating bothered him as well. Anyone but that guy. Now that kid will be the talk of the NFL (funny how Cardinals defenses allow that to happen)

Kyler's gotta get a better sense of when to leave the pocket. He has to accept that he's going to be hit in the pocket. Just gotta try to make the throw downfield anyway.

We were a couple of drops from putting up 30, but that still wouldn't have been enough. We looked like a Big 12 defense out there.

Kliff has got to figure out the adjustments and how to make defenses mess up their responsibilties. His answer to everything is simply more tempo. Some coaches set things up early in the game so they can make a defense pay later. Right now....ours is just more tempo.

Keim's 2nd and 4th round picks not being factors on the field are killers. Crabtree on the field makes us slower.

I think the more disappointing thing is....guys like Daniel Jones, Minshew, and even Kyle Allen are all young and having success in regular NFL systems.

We don't even know just how well ours will truly work. Doesn't help when you don't have the right players for the system.
All three of those qb's have better teams surrounding them, even Jones have Saquon who teams have to respect.

KM was thrust to the worst team in the league, with the worst OLine in the league, no run game, an old WR, a rookie WR, a hasbeen wr (Crabtree) and two nobodies (Byrd is serviceable but not fast). All three have better coaching. SEASONED coaches with great playcallers (Norv Turner killed us), not a rookie coach who never coached an NFL game prior to this season.

We are slow, unable to create separation, and our line doesn't give the qb time to make reads. If KM didn't know the offense already and couldn't anticipate, then he would've worst and people would call him a bust.

I think the worst thing was that there was no progression. But i dont think Murray is the problem. He's the least of it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is all on coaching, bad schemes and slow personnel.

Unable to protect the qb, cannot get to the qb, opponent's wr's and TE's are open ALL DAY, opposing qb has time to throw, our WR's has no seperation with a defender draped all over them, all of this is due to lack of speed on the field and inability to retain FA's and poor game-time coaching.

WHat is Kliff doing when he spends all day looking at game tape?
Thinking Kyler Murray will play big instead of playing small when things go south.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler at one point was 26 for 32. And Kirk and Chase had big drops at that point. I don't think you can grade him based solely on how he played once he started pushing. I really felt a change occurred and he started trying way too hard to make things happen.

Yeah he didn't play well in the 2nd half but if Kirk, Chase and Sherfield all make those catches he has nearly 100 yards more passing and 3 more completions. yes drops happen in the NFL and the picks were bad, but he didn't get as much help from his guys as he needed either.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I was sure that Murray was our QBOTF and that KK could work but after this game I’m not so sure. Maybe I’m overreacting after a bad loss but I just feel so confused with this franchise . A part of me just wants to hit the reset button on everything .
Well...that isn't going to happen.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

You mean you can't grade him on his play when he needed to step up and take over the game like great QBs do? lol. You can't baby the #1 pick in the draft. No excuses. He fell apart when it mattered the most...again.